Noise when raining with cauldron

Post any bugs that you find *in the mod* here. This place is NOT for posting installation errors or bugs with vanilla Minecraft, or add-on mods.
blithen

Noise when raining with cauldron

Post by blithen »

When it rains it makes the sizzling noise like it's putting out water, it's mostly just annoying but it still functions fine.
Add me on MSN Messenger, we can chat about our feelings and coffee and minecraft.
BinoAl

Re: Noise when raining with cauldron

Post by BinoAl »

blithen wrote:When it rains it makes the sizzling noise like it's putting out water, it's mostly just annoying but it still functions fine.
Are you sure its not just the netherrack/hibachis?
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Post by FlowerChild »

blithen wrote:When it rains it makes the sizzling noise like it's putting out water, it's mostly just annoying but it still functions fine.
Are you talking about the Cauldron or the Hibachi? The Cauldron doesn't make any noise whatsoever, except when swallowing items.
sargunv
Site Admin

Post by sargunv »

I think he's talking about the Hibachi. The fire gets put out and starts again really fast, causing that noise to repeat. It does get annoying.
blithen

Post by blithen »

FlowerChild wrote:
Are you talking about the Cauldron or the Hibachi? The Cauldron doesn't make any noise whatsoever, except when swallowing items.
The Hibachi is covered completely by stairs under the Cauldron.
Picture for reference:
Spoiler
Show
Add me on MSN Messenger, we can chat about our feelings and coffee and minecraft.
BinoAl

Post by BinoAl »

Huh, wierd. Maybe the water stopping on the stairs still causes the fire to catch some? ill investigate this, im pretty curious now
Thalmane

Post by Thalmane »

That annoying noise happens even if you use netherrack so not bug. Has something to do with how fire detects the rain in order to make the noise. Try building a roof over it should stop it, or trying something other than stairs.
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Post by FlowerChild »

I do believe it's a known bug with Vanilla Minecraft that rain passes through stairs.

Also, with the constant noise from the Hibachi when raining, you sure you haven't overwritten my modifications to the fire class with those from another mod?

This sounds a lot like something I fixed ages ago.
BinoAl

Post by BinoAl »

FlowerChild wrote:I do believe it's a known bug with Vanilla Minecraft that rain passes through stairs.
Actually, i was trying to recreate the bug, and did it. I tried covering the cauldron and the stairs with dirt, and it still made the noise. I think it makes the hiss noise when it rains within a certain distance of fire
Thalmane

Post by Thalmane »

FlowerChild wrote:I do believe it's a known bug with Vanilla Minecraft that rain passes through stairs.

Also, with the constant noise from the Hibachi when raining, you sure you haven't overwritten my modifications to the fire class with those from another mod?

This sounds a lot like something I fixed ages ago.
Actually you fixed the hibachis flickering off and on during the rain. Never touched the noise bit as far as I know since that happens normally within vM
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Post by FlowerChild »

Thalmane wrote: Actually you fixed the hibachis flickering off and on during the rain. Never touched the noise bit as far as I know since that happens normally within vM
Yeah, I assumed he was talking about the noise of them turning on and off, since otherwise this would have nothing to do with the mod.

Sounds like overall this bug report is strictly related to vanilla. Locking.