MultiMC Instance: Zoom/Rei's Minimap/TMI/MouseTweaks/BTW CE 2.0.3

This sub-forum is dedicated to add-ons and texture packs for Better Than Wolves.
Arminias1

MultiMC Instance: Zoom/Rei's Minimap/TMI/MouseTweaks/BTW CE 2.0.3

Post by Arminias1 »

Hey everyone!

I recently played a bit around with an interesting project that enables old ModLoader mods to be loaded via Fabric: https://github.com/BTW-Community/Fabricated-Legacy-Forge
I ported it over to our mappings, adjusted the mixins to work with the current BTW version and did some further compatibility stuff. Overall it is not very powerful at the moment, but some simple mods actually load! The official site also seems to suggest that Forge support is planned for the future.

The mods that I currently got working are Rei's Minimap, TooManyItems (the original!) and MouseTweaks (non-ModLoader version). You can test it out using this MultiMC instance.

And while these mods might be a little bit on the cheaty side, I still could not resist sharing it here. Who knows, maybe some more stuff will be possible with this in the future? ;)

If you have any questions or in the case that problems arise, you can most reliably find me on the Community Discord. Feel free to contact me there!

Edit:
Updated the MultiMC instance again, now updated to BTW 2.0.3 and added Minaptics!
---------------
If you want a nice-to-have zoom mod, try out the Minaptics Mod for 1.5.2, it works well with this setup! I also updated the screenshots with an additional image for it :)

Minaptics Mod Unofficial Download
Spoiler
Show
Inofficial link for now since I could not find the official one yet: https://minecraft-forum.net/minecraft-m ... -download/
Screenshots
Spoiler
Show
Last edited by Arminias1 on Sun Apr 23, 2023 6:00 am, edited 6 times in total.
Division595

Re: MultiMC Instance: Rei's Minimap/TMI/MouseTweaks/BTW CE 2.0.1

Post by Division595 »

Holy hell, this is really cool! I used to love REI's minimap when I was younger, it would be great to try it out again! Thanks!
༼ つ ◕_ ◕ ༽つ GIVE DUNG. ༼ つ ◕_ ◕ ༽つ

Makes industrial machines at work, then comes home and makes blocky industrial machines for fun. Playing BTW since MC 1.2.5.
Arminias1

Post by Arminias1 »

Yeah, it is a really cool project by the original creators and the porting effort was luckily not all that big!

I also updated the main post with another working mod recommendation, a zoom mod for 1.5.2.
peachey1mill

Post by peachey1mill »

It says on the github page that InventoryTweaks will work, but I cant seem to get it to work. It's been a very long time since I played around with older mods (Just found out today about BTW CE).

Have you tried getting IT to work?
Arminias1

Post by Arminias1 »

If I see that correctly, InventoryTweaks 1.5.2 is for Forge, so no, it won't work at the moment.
The Github page is the one from the official repository, and that one was not updated for all the different versions, for which the project is available.
In fact, the one for 1.5.2 (which we are at) probably specifies that InventoryTweaks would work on Minecraft 1.3.2, which might be a bit misleading.
PlasmaFox

Re: MultiMC Instance: Zoom/Rei's Minimap/TMI/MouseTweaks/BTW CE 2.0.1

Post by PlasmaFox »

Great job as always Arminias! I will use this for testing purposes as TMI is a great tool. I couldn't get the zoom mod to work, I tried adding to minecraft jar.
Don't turn your back on a wolf.
jariben

Re: MultiMC Instance: Zoom/Rei's Minimap/TMI/MouseTweaks/BTW CE 2.0.1

Post by jariben »

I really like it, good job. Thanks dude for all your efforts.