How to enable Anti-aliasing and anisotropic filtering?

If you're having problems with your installation of Better Than Wolves, or if you've woken up in the future and are beginning to doubt the nature of reality, here's the place to post about it.
ArcticVoid

How to enable Anti-aliasing and anisotropic filtering?

Post by ArcticVoid »

Hello, just getting back into this mod after a long hiatus.

After getting it installed via multimc and loaded it looks pixelated and just kind of ugly.

I used to use mcpatcher to utilise hd texture packs and that used to allow me to get anti-aliasing and anisotropic filtering.

With the current CE edition Mcpatcher is not needed as that is included within ce, but its lacking the quality of image features i miss.

Is there a way of enabling these features? Ive tried forcing them in my NVidia control panel to no effect.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks you,
ArcticVoid.
dawnraider

Re: How to enable Anti-aliasing and anisotropic filtering?

Post by dawnraider »

We had not been aware of those features when incorporating MCPatcher into CE. However, it is planned to re-add that in :) Just got a lot of different things to sort out so it's kind of fallen down the list of priorities.
Come join us on discord! https://discord.gg/fhMK5kx
Get the Deco Addon here!
Get the Better Terrain Addon here!
Get the Vanilla Mix TP here!
Get the Conquest TP here!
dawnraider

Post by dawnraider »

Come join us on discord! https://discord.gg/fhMK5kx
Get the Deco Addon here!
Get the Better Terrain Addon here!
Get the Vanilla Mix TP here!
Get the Conquest TP here!
ArcticVoid

Post by ArcticVoid »

dawnraider wrote: Thu Sep 01, 2022 11:18 pm We had not been aware of those features when incorporating MCPatcher into CE. However, it is planned to re-add that in :) Just got a lot of different things to sort out so it's kind of fallen down the list of priorities.

So it's on the to-do list, that's super cool. It didn't register to look on GitHub.
I feel kinda dopey now. It's great seeing you are continuing on with developing this mod. I'll stick with it and be patient for those things to come.

Just kinda bugged me, as it's certain distant textures when moving the camera look like old TV static in a round about way, and I knew there was a fix. Spent an hour messing about with Nvidia control panel to no affect. Then I remembered about mcpatcher.

Anyway, thanks!