Better Then Buildcraft V3.26 for Minecraft 1.2.5

This sub-forum is dedicated to add-ons and texture packs for Better Than Wolves.
dawnraider

Better Then Buildcraft V3.26 for Minecraft 1.2.5

Post by dawnraider »

Better Then BuildCraft represents a collaborative effort between SpaceToad (BuildCraft) and FlowerChild (Better Than Wolves) to provide a more unified play experience when using their two mods together! Not only does BTB provide compatibility between the two mods, but it goes much further in providing cross-functionality and a massive combined tech-tree!

It was then taken over by Gilberreke before eventually being shut down. However, with Flowerchild leaving and the BTW license opening up, Gilberreke has given me permission to repost the mod.

Note that this mod is no longer in development, and has been reposted for archival purposes.

Download and Installation
Better Then Buildcraft requires Minecraft 1.2.5 and Buildcraft version 3.1.5. BTW version 3.72 is confirmed to work with BTB 3.26, but versions up to 3.91 may be compatible.

Download BTB 3.26 here
Old BTW versions can be found here
Modloader for 1.2.5 can be found here
Buildcraft 3.1.5 can be found here.

Install Modloader, then BTW, then BTB, in that order, as you would a normal jar mod installation. More detailed instructions can be found under the official installation guide for BTW in the tech support forums.

Then, inside your .minecraft folder, create a folder called "mods" (if it does not exist), and add all 6 buildcraft zip files to the folder.

Addon Information
Information about Better Then Buildcraft can be found on the old Minecraft Forum thread, provided through the Wayback Machine:
Minecraft Forum Thread
Come join us on discord! https://discord.gg/fhMK5kx
Get the Deco Addon here!
Get the Better Terrain Addon here!
Get the Vanilla Mix TP here!
Get the Conquest TP here!
EpicAaron

Re: Better Then Buildcraft V3.26 for Minecraft 1.2.5

Post by EpicAaron »

Now this is a CERTIFIED CLASSIC. I have nostalgia memories of laying on the floor on my crappy HP laptop running like a jet engine playing BTB with Mo' Creatures.
BTW Community Server Discord: https://discord.gg/arZpuYW
Spoiler
Show
dawnraider

Re: Better Then Buildcraft V3.26 for Minecraft 1.2.5

Post by dawnraider »

Heh yeah I absolutely loved playing this back in middle school, which is why I wanted to make sure it was accessible for anyone who wanted to go back and play it :) I was very happy to find that wayback machine had archived the latest info about the mod on MCF before it was taken down meaning that I didn't have to scrounge too much to find info to post about it.
Come join us on discord! https://discord.gg/fhMK5kx
Get the Deco Addon here!
Get the Better Terrain Addon here!
Get the Vanilla Mix TP here!
Get the Conquest TP here!