Sugar cane propagation

The place to talk about how BTW might be different
AbbyRead

Sugar cane propagation

Post by AbbyRead »

Don’t get me wrong, I think the roots instead of reeds as growing material is brilliant. Could we get a rare chance to drop extra roots though like with cocoa beans? It feels kind of weird having something that grows unable to replicate. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
dawnraider

Re: Sugar cane propagation

Post by dawnraider »

You can get more of them by buying them from the farmer if you don't want to get more through exploration.

That is intentionally gated somewhat to encourage continued exploration to look for more sugar cane. I can maybe look at another way to get more, but especially early game if you're feeling pressured to try and find more roots to expand your farm then the system is working as intended.
Come join us on discord! https://discord.gg/fhMK5kx
Get the Deco Addon here!
Get the Better Terrain Addon here!
Get the Vanilla Mix TP here!
Get the Conquest TP here!
AbbyRead

Re: Sugar cane propagation

Post by AbbyRead »

Okay that makes sense. Like if it required bonemeal or something since that would at least be another tech level up from the baseline. I like how it is now over sugar cane bonanza that it was, and I trust your guys’ judgement.

Really enjoying the Community Edition, not just because the changes make sense but because there are still people who love this game as much as I do. Gives me hope. It’s not just any other Minecraft mod to me. After logging literally thousands of hours into this over the years, dipping my toes in mainline Minecraft has always felt like a god mode baby game with tons of needless fluff. Will I convince anyone else to play it? Probably not. Haven’t ever let that stop me from evangelising though.

Keep up the good work, Dawn! 😊