Windmill Balance Issue

The place to talk about how BTW might be different
jackatthekilns

Windmill Balance Issue

Post by jackatthekilns »

I just recently got a windmill up and running and it occurred to me that I really don't care if my windmill gets caught out in a storm because the gearbox (not clutch) is very easy to replace. With the welcome change to a windmill requiring half of the hemp to make, would it be prudent to have the windmill itself be destroyed by the wind? I think that would incentivize me to seek out gold and use it to protect the windmill. as it stands, my first clutch will go to get the bellows going, and after that I wont care about the windmill at all.

It's not the end of the world, I just remember caring so much about losing that first gearbox (original recipe) and all of the steps I took to protect it and now it's a non issue.
dawnraider

Re: Windmill Balance Issue

Post by dawnraider »

I think that's definitely a valid point. It would also make sense that lightning would destroy the windmill entirely, being made of highly flammable wood and cloth.
Come join us on discord! https://discord.gg/fhMK5kx
Get the Deco Addon here!
Get the Better Terrain Addon here!
Get the Vanilla Mix TP here!
Get the Conquest TP here!
dawnraider

Post by dawnraider »

Ok so I misunderstood this when I first read it. I think I like having the windmill simply overpower in a storm, but make it so that lightning is a bigger threat. I've changed it in the next release to destroy the windmill instead of dropping it as an item.
Come join us on discord! https://discord.gg/fhMK5kx
Get the Deco Addon here!
Get the Better Terrain Addon here!
Get the Vanilla Mix TP here!
Get the Conquest TP here!
jackatthekilns

Post by jackatthekilns »

That sounds like good solution. I think that combined with the change to the windmill recipe, it is an appropriate level of hassle to get it back.