Villagers in an abondoned village

If you're having problems with your installation of Better Than Wolves, or if you've woken up in the future and are beginning to doubt the nature of reality, here's the place to post about it.
Hiracho

Villagers in an abondoned village

Post by Hiracho »

While playing my singleplayer game(with seed Hiracho) I found a village filled with "green" villagers. It is less than 800 blocks from spawn, has the dried up fields and all the other things a completely abandoned village should have. Mind you that it is a huge village..

This is probably a really rare event but I'm pretty sure that this is unintended, so posting it here :) Managed to reproduce it easily by creating a new world with seed "Hiracho" and just following the desert all the way to the west. Was there within half a day!
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Re: Villagers in an abondoned village

Post by FlowerChild »

I'll check it out.
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Post by FlowerChild »

You'll have to be more specific as to location. To the west of spawn is jungle after a brief bit of desert. Having to go around that, I'm already potentially missing the village location.

The the east, which seems more likely, the desert goes on much longer, but I didn't find anything before it came to an end.

I'm already wasting too much time on this. Someone else needs to verify this, or you need to provide a precise location, before I will look into this further.

Also: make sure you didn't start that world in creative.
Hiracho

Post by Hiracho »

Apologies for the misdirection! I confused west with east.. The coordinates MCedit is spitting out right now is X:739 Y:71 Z:297.

I created two survival versions and one survival version with cheats enabled, all with green villagers. A Creative mode spawned peasants.
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Post by FlowerChild »

How many villagers are we talking? Villages around spawn arn't completely devoid of them. I'm strongly suspecting that if you cure them you're going to get filthy peasants, in which case, this isn't a bug.
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Post by FlowerChild »

I'm moving this to tech support in case someone else wants to help you out as I'm thinking you're just wasting my time here.
Niyu

Post by Niyu »

I can confirm it also happens to me in that seed with the last version and no MCPatcher installed.

This is the village and the coordinates
village

edit: I was writing the response so i didn't see it. There were few villagers and if this is intended behaviour no problem them. i was under the impression you needed half abandoned villages for the zombie villagers to spawn. Sorry for the unnecessary post.
Last edited by Niyu on Wed Jan 30, 2019 3:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Post by FlowerChild »

Like I said above, if you cure them, my money is on them being filthy peasants, which is by design.
Hiracho

Post by Hiracho »

FlowerChild wrote:Villages around spawn arn't completely devoid of them.
Well if this is the case, then I guess I misunderstood how hardcore villages worked. I thought corrupted peasants only came in semi abandoned villages at least 2000blocks from spawn. If it is working as intended there is no need for this thread, sorry to waste your time.