Why can't stone molding be used to make loose stone brick?

The place to talk about how BTW might be different
Panda

Why can't stone molding be used to make loose stone brick?

Post by Panda »

Isn't 1 stone molding essentially just a single stone brick?
I'm aware you can chisel smooth Stone into stone bricks bit i am at the point where i made a smooth stone generator and it struck me as strange....
Never say no to Panda.
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Re: Why can't stone molding be used to make loose stone bric

Post by FlowerChild »

Yeah, that's fair. I'll put in a conversion recipe.
Panda

Post by Panda »

if it matters i also couldn't figure out how to make chopping blocks while the site was down recently. i thought they were made using 8 stone corners.
Never say no to Panda.
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Post by FlowerChild »

Well... looking at it further, I spoke too soon, and my answer is really more "yes and no". It's a larger issue where I would eventually like to apply the chisel idea to splitting stone on the Anvil as well.

They aren't really the same: the moulding is a perfect 1/4 block. The brick is rougher and leaves gaps. Converting from one to the other would require chiseling, and in that case, the recipe should also apply to siding as well.

So for the time being, no, I'm going to leave that alone until I decide to address stone sub-block creation and bring it more into line with other such systems.
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Post by FlowerChild »

BTW Panda, just in case it wasn't previously clear when the stone-brick feature came out: you can place a full stone block in the crafting rid with a chisel and get bricks out of it, much like splitting wood. You don't have to just chisel placed stone blocks one at a time.

The recipe(s) you proposed would be far less efficient as you'd be damaging your chisel with each converted moulding (or siding), instead of with each full stone block. It may feel a bit weird right now, but it's also more practical to just use the recipe as is, so I suspect it would hardly ever get used on individual moulding anyways. Even more so because you'd probably never want an odd number of bricks for anything.
Panda

Post by Panda »

i see i see. Just to check there's no recipe for chiseled stone brick anymore also right? i only ask as using a pickaxe on chiseled stone brick drops loose stone brick now which wasnt always the case.
Never say no to Panda.
ion

Post by ion »

yes there is, is the old one