Craftguide - Better Than Wolves Fix

This sub-forum is dedicated to add-ons and texture packs for Better Than Wolves.
PuddleKat

Re: Craftguide - Better Than Wolves Fix

Post by PuddleKat »

Thanks for not only fixing this but updating the recipes as well
Spoiler
Show
I have found one omission Glowstone dust dropped in a hopper with a Soulsand filter gives Brimstone
Also kiln recipes show unfired pottery instead of cake batter, cookie dough etc
You did ask thanks again
jorgebonafe

Post by jorgebonafe »

Cool, thanks for letting me know. I'll add them when I can, probably in a week or so.
If there are any more feel free to post them. I'd rather do them all in one batch if possible.
Better Than Wolves was borne of anal sex. True Story.
dawnraider

Post by dawnraider »

Not related to missing recipes, but Craftguide does have a really weird interaction with the dye recipes added in the Deco addon where it just shows question marks in the place of the dyes. I don't know if that's a problem on the end of Craftguide or on the end of Deco addon but I figured I'd mention it while you're looking at stuff like that.
Come join us on discord! https://discord.gg/fhMK5kx
Get the Deco Addon here!
Get the Better Terrain Addon here!
Get the Vanilla Mix TP here!
Get the Conquest TP here!
ion

Post by ion »

replace the question marks with a picture in the texture pack . works with blue and white dyes right?
Yhetti

Post by Yhetti »

Oh I haven't tried the craftguide plugin yet but if I'm correct you are probably seeing the question marks because the recipes were likely added for nonexisting dyes in the Deco Addon. In vanilla we have 16 dyes, in deco we double it to 32, and currently we are only using 2 of those extra 16 (blue and white). So the question marks are the other 14 ghost items.

I can make some placeholder texture files for them and add them to the deco addon, do you think that will fix it?
jorgebonafe

Post by jorgebonafe »

This is weird. I just installed it here with deco, and I'm getting a white dye generic texture for all of them.
Spoiler
Show
And looking at the files on the Deco github, the placeholder images are already there, it's this white texture. I don't know why you would be getting a question mark if these textures are already there. I would say that replacing the white textures with placeholder colored ones for each would fix this issue, but there is something else going on there, maybe a problem with the instalation?

Dawnraider, can you share a screenshot? what recipes are showing up with the question mark? Are you using a texture pack?
dawnraider

Post by dawnraider »

Here's a screenshot of the wool recipes:
Spoiler
Show
Using conquest, although that question mark is 16x16 not 32x32 so I'm not sure if it's coming from conquest or not.
Get the Deco Addon here!
Yhetti

Post by Yhetti »

dawnraider wrote:Here's a screenshot of the wool recipes
I think that is coming from your texturepack.

Anyways, I've fixed the vanilla textures in the deco addon. If you want to fix your texture pack, copy the textures for different dyes.

You'd copy like this:

dyePowder_black ==> ginger_dyePowder_0
dyePowder_red ==> ginger_dyePowder_1

for all 16 textures.
Wyr3d

Post by Wyr3d »

Seems to have broken with the latest update? Pressing "G" for the guide crashed the game during testing when I updated the textures for OMEGA recently
Spoiler
Show
PuddleKat

Post by PuddleKat »

Wyr3d wrote:Seems to have broken with the latest update?
This has been updated to V3 see OP
ion

Post by ion »

@dawnrider it's a conquest problem and deco. those question marks are there but those recipes aren't used anywhere because you use the the main dyes. i've only updated the white and blue dyes that are added by deco.
ExpHP

Post by ExpHP »

Recipes using BTW machines appear to have disappeared with the 4.B00 update. (i.e. if you look up Element you'll see the Hibachi recipe, but not the cauldron recipes for the Element itself). If you look at the "Show/Hide recipes by crafting type" list, you'll only see toggles for Crafting Table, Furnace and Brewing Stand.
jorgebonafe

Post by jorgebonafe »

ExpHP wrote:Recipes using BTW machines appear to have disappeared with the 4.B00 update. (i.e. if you look up Element you'll see the Hibachi recipe, but not the cauldron recipes for the Element itself). If you look at the "Show/Hide recipes by crafting type" list, you'll only see toggles for Crafting Table, Furnace and Brewing Stand.
Damn... I probably won't have time to fix whatever is going on for some time. I hope at least it's not crashing?

Anyway, my source code is available, if anyone want to try to fix it for now you are free to do that... Otherwise I'll try to check that when I can, but like I said, that may take a while. Sorry about that.
ExpHP

Post by ExpHP »

I looked into this and believe I have fixed the cause. However, I am not certain how to publish a new zip for the addon.

The changes have been submitted as a pull request: https://github.com/jorgebonafe/CraftGuide/pull/1

---

Just to leave some notes to myself on the dev environment in case I ever have to do this again:
Spoiler
Show
  • MCP 751
  • Decompile with only BTW installed, not the addon.
    • (If you decompile with the addon, you'll see some crazy WTFs in e.g. net.minecraft.src.CraftGuide_Vanilla.getClassPackagePrefix, presumably due to MCP's dirty hacks)
  • Make the fixes described here to make it compile: http://sargunster.com/btw/index.php?title=Add-Ons .
    • (Note to self: try cherry-picking from a branch in 'F:/MCP Common/fixing-btw-buildcraft')
  • git clone https://github.com/jorgebonafe/CraftGuide --branch 152-no-loader
  • Linking an external source folder in eclipse is weird. Using mcp/eclipse as the workspace root, Package Explorer > right-click Client > New > Folder, click Advanced > Link to alternate location, select craftguide's src folder and fix "Folder name" to not conflict. Then Package Explorer > right-click Client again > New > Source Folder and select the folder you just created.
  • Modify net.minecraft.src.GuiAchievement. Add this field:

Code: Select all

CraftGuide_Vanilla craftguideInstance;
    and put this at the beginning of updateAchievementWindow:

Code: Select all

if (this.craftguideInstance == null) {
        		this.craftguideInstance = new CraftGuide_Vanilla();
        		this.craftguideInstance.load();
        	}
        	this.craftguideInstance.checkKeybind();
  • That's it. Debugging should "just work." The images for craftguide's UI won't be loaded but you don't need them...
Last edited by ExpHP on Wed Mar 06, 2019 8:43 pm, edited 2 times in total.
jorgebonafe

Post by jorgebonafe »

Cool, I'll try to release it this weekend. Thanks man
ExpHP

Post by ExpHP »

I got impatient and figured out how to get MCP to reobfuscate it properly, so I can share a zip now.

The source diff is still what's in the pull request in my prior comment. I simply took the V3 zip and swapped out the modified BTWRecipes class file. I named it "V3-exp" so you can still claim the name V4 for an "official" release. :)

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1sdIkq ... j4lTUMl6eK
ko_teknik

Post by ko_teknik »

work fine huge thx !
jorgebonafe

Post by jorgebonafe »

Thanks for doing the release... Sorry about that, my life is hell :(
rockoutwill

Post by rockoutwill »

jorgebonafe wrote:Thanks for doing the release... Sorry about that, my life is hell :(
Life is life man. Don't apologize because the real world is messing with a project, we understand and we still love ya!

We waited i think 2 years for Flowerchild ;)
jorgebonafe

Post by jorgebonafe »

Ok ExpHP, I merged your commit, and I also went ahead and updated the OP with your release version. Thanks again for the fix, man.

I didn't test it, but since it seems to be working for you and ko_teknik, I'll just assume everything is good. Looking at the code there's no reason it should have any problems anyway.
Ramzax

Post by Ramzax »

Guys,

I got a problem with this on my end, when using on a server.
The craft guide comes in as a purple box saying no texture, this happens whether in SP or MP.
If am in creative mode I can move it around my inventory, but in single player the item disappears. This only happens when playing MP.
Are there any additional files that need to be added to the server.jar file?
There wasn't an install guide in the readme.txt file, so I am doing this by guesswork.

Ramzax
ElectroBot

Post by ElectroBot »

Ramzax wrote: Tue Jan 14, 2020 9:40 pm Guys,

I got a problem with this on my end, when using on a server.
The craft guide comes in as a purple box saying no texture, this happens whether in SP or MP.
If am in creative mode I can move it around my inventory, but in single player the item disappears. This only happens when playing MP.
Are there any additional files that need to be added to the server.jar file?
There wasn't an install guide in the readme.txt file, so I am doing this by guesswork.

Ramzax
Craftguide is only meant to be used using the keyboard shortcut "G" (by default). If that works, then that's all you need.
Wyr3d

Post by Wyr3d »

Yeah, as mentioned above you can only access the guide via the shortcut in BTW. The book (and recipe) is a left over from other versions.
Spoiler
Show
dawnraider

Post by dawnraider »

There's another bug related to crashing discovered through deco 2.5. I added a kiln recipe to netherrack using reflection to change the reference after initialization, which is why 2.5 crashed the game but the unfired terracotta kiln recipe did not. Something is going wrong with craftguide where it does not like kiln recipes when reflection is involved.
Get the Deco Addon here!
jorgebonafe

Post by jorgebonafe »

Might take a while, but I'll try to take a look at this when I can...
How do I reproduce this crash exactly?