Music you like to listen to while playing BTW

This forum is for anything that doesn't specifically have to do with Better Than Wolves
HappyDyas

Music you like to listen to while playing BTW

Post by HappyDyas »

Ive come to no longer appreciate silence in BTW because I start to stress and think about all of the horrors and all of the things i "should definitely not worry about." So i fill that void with music. But i cant listen to rock or metal like i normally do as for me it breaks immersion and then i also have a hard time hearing important sounds like the ever looming zombie, lurking creepers and waylay skeletons.

Spotify link:
https://open.spotify.com/user/exquisite ... dF7ealufNg
Spotify URL (dont know if theres a difference):
spotify:user:exquisitefruit:playlist:0QwcIeNpDmddC9McY2rRd4

a small list of songs that im ever expanding. Approaching Nirvana has an excellent playlist of songs and individuals scattered through other playlists and would 100% recommend checking them out on youtube or what have you.
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Re: Music you like to listen to while playing BTW

Post by FlowerChild »

I've recommended it in the past (years ago), but if you're looking for good ambient medieval-esque music that I find suits BTW really well (I often listen to it myself while playing), I highly recommend Dead Can Dance:
Spoiler
Show
That song was the first thing I'd put on when booting up MC for years :)

They have a really extensive library of tunes, and most of it is really good.
HappyDyas

Post by HappyDyas »

Ohhh boy that sorta gave me the chills. I will certainly have to look into it some more. It's right up the alley for what im looking for thanks!
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Post by FlowerChild »

HappyDyas wrote:Ohhh boy that sorta gave me the chills. I will certainly have to look into it some more. It's right up the alley for what im looking for thanks!
That's a particularly powerful piece. So much so that I was pleasantly surprised when I realized they used it for the infamous final scene of The Mist.

I also really like Fever Ray for ambiance. You may recognize them from the theme song of Vikings:
Spoiler
Show
These days, I'm listening to Mexican metal while playing, mostly due to living next to an active construction site, but I suspect that's not what you're looking for :)
Spoiler
Show
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Post by FlowerChild »

I created a youtube playlist with the songs I listed above (minus Molotov ;) ), and I'll continue adding to it as they occur to me:

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=P ... AWWOjtaDjN
HappyDyas

Post by HappyDyas »

Haha!! Mexican metal?! thats amazing. Not something I would listen to often, if even once in a blue moon. Who knew that i would be broadening my culture huh?
emptychild

Post by emptychild »

So I absolutely don't listen to any music or shows when playing BTW. If I miss the quiet footsteps or telltale sound of an enemy it can mean my death. For me BTW is way to hard core to add any distractions.
https://twitter.com/FlowerChildXL/statu ... 5676872704

This just in! RTH to contain a TARDIS!
Spoiler
Show
FlowerChild wrote:But, before someone asks: the box will be blue. I like blue. It's a nice soothing color.
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Post by FlowerChild »

I was just wanting to listen to some thematically appropriate music while playing, so I added a bunch of stuff to the above mentioned playlist if anyone is still looking for tunes:

https://youtu.be/7iqxzURgQWg?list=PLSzg ... AWWOjtaDjN