Iron Axes Taking Damage in Crafting Grid

Post any bugs that you find *in the mod* here. This place is NOT for posting installation errors or bugs with vanilla Minecraft, or add-on mods.
Egger3rd

Iron Axes Taking Damage in Crafting Grid

Post by Egger3rd »

I was cutting a bunch of spruce logs in the crafting grid with an iron axe today, and I noticed that it actually takes durability damage. I'm running 4.ABCEEEFAb without any other mods, installed as directed.

Double-checking that this is a bug, the last entry regarding this feature:
4.A2 Timing Rodent update states, "Changed axes so that iron and better aren't damaged when splitting logs in the crafting grid. Previously, there was no benefit to use better axes than stone to do so, which would create busy-work for the player in crafting and using stone axes just for that purpose."
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Re: Iron Axes Taking Damage in Crafting Grid

Post by FlowerChild »

Last entry about this was actually:
-Changed the entire mod.
It's not a bug, and the entry you quoted actually explains the reasoning for this change as well. There are a wide range of benefits to using iron axes post-AAAAAHHHH, and they have unique splitting output over stone, so I bumped the no-durability thing up to diamond and better to further incentivize them over iron. Same logic applied to different parameters.