Enchantment Table and Stone Tools

The place to talk about how BTW might be different
Mesh

Enchantment Table and Stone Tools

Post by Mesh »

I'll do the TLDR first and then you can read the blurb if you like:

1. It felt a bit off to me (given this years changes to the mod) that we could use a stone pick to pick up an enchantment table
2. Enchanting stone tools with efficiency 1 feels too overpowered. Especially the pick (We never bothered before since they were only good for six hits but now...), it feels as quick as an iron pick, all for the measly cost of 1 level of xp

We found a desert temple the other night, (I blew up the loot for the first time, hilarious and something I'll NEVER live down). We were very trepidatious about attempting to take the table (only had stone tools), but we bit the bullet and when the table dropped it just felt a bit off. Anyway when we got back and started enchanting all of our stone tools, that also felt a bit wrong. I got that "cheating" feeling. There's no noticeable difference with the shovel; however, the pick and the axe are nuts, so much quicker with eff 1 on them.

This may very well all be something you already anticipated and accounted for but I figured with the recent changes especially to pick durability, I'd mention it just in case.
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Re: Enchantment Table and Stone Tools

Post by FlowerChild »

That's fair. It didn't even occur to me that you could still enchant stone tools. I'll get rid of that.

As for picking up the enchanting table with a stone pick... hmmm... I'll think on that one.