A Reminder: Please read the subforum rules

The place to talk about how BTW might be different
FlowerChild
Site Admin

A Reminder: Please read the subforum rules

Post by FlowerChild »

I've been trying to take it easy lately and let conversation flow naturally without interfering too much, but if possible, in this subforum in particular, I'd like to return to some of the old forum rules to keep it manageable and pleasant.

I've issued a couple of warnings to that effect, where I'm realizing it wasn't particularly fair to the individuals involved given everyone has just been openly discussing things in these threads. I realized, it was more just a momentary "ok... this is getting to be too much" reaction on my part while reading through these threads.

So, I'm going to reverse those specific warnings, and wanted to post this to ask that folks try to be a little more restrained in how they post to these threads, cut down on the "me too" posts, the conversation tangents not specifically related to the original point being made, and posting stuff that doesn't really contribute anything significant to the topic at hand.

I personally like things to be relaxed, but as many of you probably know, managing this particular sub-forum in its many incarnations has always been a problem for me, and I'd appreciate all of your help in keeping things cool.
Gilberreke

Re: A Reminder: Please read the subforum rules

Post by Gilberreke »

Can I get some extra clarification on the rules? I've been running into a few rules injunctions lately, so I'm trying to adjust my posts, but I still got a warning, so it seems I don't understand them.

In this thread: viewtopic.php?f=14&t=9323
I just figured out today that the nether probably makes for a good place to have a mushroom farm, as it doesn't have HC darkness. I think that's a really neat thing. I'd like to see less exploity farms (I make them similarly too) and more nether farms.
I posted that, with the thought that nether mushroom farms hadn't really occurred to me and were a really cool incentive to build passives in the nether. It didn't occur to me, because I keep building glitchy overworld farms.

Is the problem that I worded it as discussion and didn't make it clear that that was actual feedback on my part or is the problem that I don't understand the rules well and this is not what you want to see? If you help me out, I'll try to adjust on my part :)
Come join us at Vioki's Discord! discord.gg/fhMK5kx
MisterFister

Post by MisterFister »

I'll expand beyond a mere "me too" comment to request perhaps a rule FAQ that includes at least one or two concrete examples. I have likewise made posts that I now understand to be borderline and my legitimate and honest respect for these forums and everything they represent can likewise benefit from some occasional clarification.
Last edited by MisterFister on Mon Feb 12, 2018 2:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I consume a lot of YouTube. Some of what I consume is actually pretty good.
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Post by FlowerChild »

I've been fairly explicit in the subforum rules, but I'd say if you have any doubt after reading them, just please post less in this subforum. Maybe avoid this one and the bug reports section (which has similar rules) entirely.

Neither of these subforums is for discussion, unless something significant (and on-topic) is being added to the conversation. I read both in detail, so perhaps a good question to ask yourself before posting there is "do I want FlowerChild to spend time reading this, or resulting conversation that it generates".

Really, that's why I wind up getting frustrated: when I feel someone is asking me to devote attention to an unneeded distraction, or is steering the conversation in a direction that ultimately will be a pain for me to wade through. I have only so many hours a week I can devote to modding, so more time on the forums, ultimately means less stuff in the mod.

Like, right this moment, I'd very much prefer to be modding than discussing this :)
Gilberreke

Post by Gilberreke »

FlowerChild wrote:I've been fairly explicit in the subforum rules, but I'd say if you have any doubt after reading them, just please post less in this subforum. Maybe avoid this one and the bug reports section (which has similar rules) entirely.
Got it. I've never been a big presence in either forum in the past, so I don't mind staying clear. Save us both some sanity :)

I'd skip this post too, but I wanted to acknowledge I read your reply
Come join us at Vioki's Discord! discord.gg/fhMK5kx