blocks with weird or missing interactions

The place to talk about how BTW might be different
the_fodder

blocks with weird or missing interactions

Post by the_fodder »

FlowerChild wrote:
the_fodder wrote:Review what items can be broken down by the saw. I love using tables and benches as staircases, but always end up with extra of on and not enough of the other. doors, pedestal and columns are also destined for chests when you redesign.
Good point. If you've got the motivation, would you mind starting a thread here in feedback with items that might have weird or missing interactions like that? May as well generalize it to the BD, or any other processing blocks as well.

These things have to be addressed on a case by case basis, so doing a full pass of every block and item in the game is not really feasible for me. Would be much easier if people pointed them out individually as they come across them.

I'll try to take care of the ones you explicitly listed before next release.
I couldn't find a way to embed a sortable list, I hope this makes sense. I could PM you a Direct link if you wanted a closer look.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... cU/pubhtml
It's FC mod, he just lets us play it.
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Re: blocks with weird or missing interactions

Post by FlowerChild »

Well, I appreciate the effort, but I was really thinking more along the lines of individual requests for interactions that people need. I think the spreadsheet format is not necessarily something that's conducive to people using it or reporting individual problems.

It took me a couple of days to work up the motivation to just take a look at it, and I can already feel my brain worms constructing a tiny little palanquin with which to carry it off to the deepest recesses of my memory.
the_fodder

Post by the_fodder »

Understood. I was trying to go for raw informational on all interactions without giving suggestions on' fixes '.but it turned out closer to overwhelming info vomiting.
the_fodder

Post by the_fodder »

I hope this way is easier to digest and dismiss (if needed).

Better recycling on specialty blocks:

Blocks that have valuable items that you cannot currently extract.
  • *Lens
    *lightblock
    *jukebox
    *piston
These are items that I accidentally make too many of or have extra after a build/redesign and end up cluttering up chests.
  • *tables
    *benches
    *pillars
    *pedestals
    *wooden doors
    *fences
    *stairs, stone
    *smoothstone slabs