Mcpatcher isn't working

If you're having problems with your installation of Better Than Wolves, or if you've woken up in the future and are beginning to doubt the nature of reality, here's the place to post about it.
peachey1mill

Mcpatcher isn't working

Post by peachey1mill »

I had mcpatcher working just fine with btw, the deco add on and craft guide and then I did some messing about with texture packs and now it doesn't work at all. Whenever I patch the game and test from within mcpatcher, it works but as soon as I launch from the minecraft launcher its like it redownloads the 1.5.2 jar and renames it to the mcpatcher profile therefore reversing everything mcpatcher just did. And one the off chance I can get it working, as soon as I reload minecraft it does the same. Anybody know any fixes?
Rob

Re: Mcpatcher isn't working

Post by Rob »

There has been a lot of traffic here lately. But my guide explains how to fix this issue.

viewtopic.php?f=9&t=8506

You have to edit the .json file. Otherwise the launcher replaces your btw jar with a vanilla 1.5.2 jar when you run it.
peachey1mill

Re: Mcpatcher isn't working

Post by peachey1mill »

That's what I did originally before I used mcpatcher, but when I switched to mcpatcher with a fresh jar and everything, I didn't have to do that, it worked just fine without doing that. I just tried doing that, but when I edit the .json it removes the btw jar from being selectable in the profile screen and just tries to use the latest minecraft version

Nvm, commas. Fucking commas. But I still didn't do that the first time w/ mcpatcher, so i don't know why it worked