What is "RTH"?

This forum is for anything that doesn't specifically have to do with Better Than Wolves
MisterFister

What is "RTH"?

Post by MisterFister »

Hi folks. I'm very proud to say that I've never played Minecraft, but I have hundreds of hours on BTW. I've also dabbled with BTSM, which is slightly less my style, but I still appreciate the design beauty of it all.

I was surfing the forum some hours ago, and for reasons I can't entirely trace, I ended up at viewtopic.php?f=3&t=8467, where I saw some references to FC gearing up to begin working on a different project, "RTH"?

I cannot find any info on this, and I'm only half-certain that it stands for "Return to Home." Given that I'm a huge fan of Flowerchild's work (I'm curious what other titles he might've worked on before going indie, but without a real name to plug into the googles, and a lot of false positives for "flowerchild" I'm considering that something of a privacy issue on his part and I won't pry -- other than to say that I'm respectfully curious what other titles he might've worked on.)

I go in and out of hibernation on these forums and the forums for other titles I follow, such as KSP. Does anyone have any info on RTH?

And, not to put too much spotlight on it, but the above-linked thread in question was basically FC saying "this is it, BTW is gonna be left alone soon" and then of course we end up recently with HCStumps, and I just absolutely love BTW and I'm very fortunate to be able to play it in such a state that is so far advanced from where it was four years ago when FC was promising that the next update in ten days was going to be the last one.
I consume a lot of YouTube. Some of what I consume is actually pretty good.
Niyu

Re: What is "RTH"?

Post by Niyu »

If I remember properly. Return to home was initially to be a new stage of the better than wolves mod released on the aniversary update of it's second or third aniversary. But because of the decreasing quality of the minecraft updates and the lowering amount of block ids, Flowerchild decided after discussing different alternatives "Return to Home" would be a completely different game and he would start working on it after Better than wolves was finished.

Then came Flowerchild mods for "Kerbal Space Program", "Seven days to die" and, I belive, Rimworld joind with Flowerchild's eyesight problems that delayed his plans. He stated not to long ago that he felt sorry about it. But in my eyes, he has provided us with 4 fantastic mods, though I have only played the first 2, and he doesn't need to apology in any way.

There are a few more details about it, but this prety much sums it all up.
MisterFister

Post by MisterFister »

Thank you, that addresses my curiosity rather thoroughly.

Are there any mainstream titles, even from yesteryear, that carry his thumbprints?
Last edited by MisterFister on Tue Jan 03, 2017 1:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
I consume a lot of YouTube. Some of what I consume is actually pretty good.
dawnraider

Post by dawnraider »

Niyu basically summed it up. As for other titles, FC has said in the past that he has worked on the development of several games, but afaik has never disclosed which games he has worked on.
Come join us on discord! https://discord.gg/fhMK5kx
Get the Deco Addon here!
Get the Better Terrain Addon here!
Get the Vanilla Mix TP here!
Get the Conquest TP here!