Problems configuring BTW server.

If you're having problems with your installation of Better Than Wolves, or if you've woken up in the future and are beginning to doubt the nature of reality, here's the place to post about it.
b_ren_7

Problems configuring BTW server.

Post by b_ren_7 »

Hi guys,

I have followed this tutorial on the following page (which is a very good guide btw)

viewtopic.php?f=9&t=8506

I can launch single player mode however when I try to connect to my server (host on clanforge) this is where the problem starts.

I have uploaded using FTP the modified minecraft_server.jar file (version 1.5.2 with the BTW files added to it) to my server, when I connect to my server in minecraft, using the BTW profile, I get this error straight away (I have tried 2 different pc's).

I then get kicked out. Anyone have any ideas?

Cheers.
Katalliaan

Re: Problems configuring BTW server.

Post by Katalliaan »

Looks like it's an issue with your client install rather than the server install. When you start a singleplayer game, does it give a version of BTW in the chat?
Open in case of fire
Spoiler
Show
Not now stupid - in case of fire
hawk

Post by hawk »

Its likely the issue with the new launcher overwriting your client install. Take a look at the tech support topic directly below this one. Even if you didn't use MCPatcher and instead installed the mod manually the fix (modifying the end of the .json file) works.

EDIT: ...and if I read the OP more carefully I would have realized you have already done that... You might give it a second shot and make sure you don't delete the last bracket (or miss the comma) like I did the first time.
b_ren_7

Post by b_ren_7 »

Yeah I thought it may be my launcher. I will try it again. I will also check what version it says in chat on single player.

Edit:
Okay I just done a quick run again on my spare pc and it seemed to work! I'll will remove all my previous attempts on my gaming pc and start again from scratch. I will let you know how I get on. Can't wait to actually give this mod a go!.

Thanks for the help guys.
Rob

Post by Rob »

Glad it's working out for you, now. If you still have issues, let us know. :D