Stuck in a minecart in a portal

This forum is for anything that doesn't specifically have to do with Better Than Wolves
Kazuya Mishima

Stuck in a minecart in a portal

Post by Kazuya Mishima »

Finally got enough gold to make a nether railroad and on my initial test run i road my cart into the portal purple blocks, now i'm stuck. I've tried looking for advice online on how to get out but most of what i found involves hitting shift, which didn't work, using some sort of cheat which i have no idea to do.

Is there anyway out of this? I cannot break blocks or dismount, i have no ender pearls on me or arrows. Yes i am using BTW but i'm assuming this is a vanilla issue.
Niyu

Re: Stuck in a minecart in a portal

Post by Niyu »

The problem is that you can't click on the minecart because the portal block is in the way, isn't it?
You can always use mcedit to remove the portal blocks and relit the portal after getting out.
mc_dunedin

Post by mc_dunedin »

If you are in a single player world:

-Main Menu -> Open to Lan -> Cheats enabled.

-Then type "/loc" it gives you back 3 coordinates, for example 162, 93, 51

-Type "/tp <yourname> 162 93 53" use the coordinates that /loc gave you and change the first or third one slightly.

-Quit and restart the level so cheating is disabled again.

On a server:

Ask an admin to help you :)
magikeh

Post by magikeh »

mc_dunedin wrote:-snippy-
Safest way to do this would be to run the command /tp <PlayerName> ~ ~+1 ~
(after enabling cheats)
This is the teleport command and will teleport the player one block above their current position, thus ejecting them from the cart. It's nice because then you don't need to worry about teleporting into some solid blocks (like the frame of the portal) and also you only need to type the one command. For extra ease of command just type '/tp ' the first letter in your username, then press tab to auto complete with all the correct capitalization, then from there finish off the command.
Magical Shit
Show
Syruse|Work: i like magic shit
MagikEh: ...
MagikEh: >.>
MagikEh: <.<
»» MagikEh walks to the bathroom
Syruse|Work: hahaaaaaaaaa
Syruse|Work: wait
MagikEh: xD
Syruse|Work: fuck
Syruse|Work: NO