Your favorite weather

This forum is for anything that doesn't specifically have to do with Better Than Wolves
AddyBaha

Your favorite weather

Post by AddyBaha »

It's snowing here in Germany and as far as I can remeber it didn't start snowing this early in the year in the past few years. Everybody seems to be complaining about it being cold and wet and way to early for snow at all, but I am actually quiet hyped and hope for a long and snowy winter.
I seem to have different feelings about weather than most people in general as I really dislike spring and summer but like autumn and winter. So I wonderd whats your favorite weather/time of the year and whats the weather at your place right now?
MagikEh wrote:Placent Placenta Placenta! It's like beetle juice right?
Gilberreke

Re: Your favorite weather

Post by Gilberreke »

I'm a spring kinda guy. I'm not sure if I like winter or autumn more; probably proper autumn, but we don't seem to have those, it just kinda goes from hot to cold in a week's time. I don't mind winter, it's cold, but it's also beautiful and people get closer together.

Summer I just hate, fuck summer.
Come join us at Vioki's Discord! discord.gg/fhMK5kx
DiamondArms

Post by DiamondArms »

As someone who lives in a tropical country, the choices of weather tend towards hot or wet. Neither of which is particularly comfortable.

Post-rain does make for a nice and somewhat cool time though.

P.S. What is a season? Is it edible?
DaveYanakov

Post by DaveYanakov »

Any weather which results in stormlight
Better is the enemy of Good
chaoticneutral

Post by chaoticneutral »

My "perfect" climate is 15°C, light gray sky, no Sun, no rain. I guess most would call this Autumn, but the seasons where I live are a bit too... chaotic for that.
--Who do you think you are, War?
magikeh

Post by magikeh »

Out here on the Canadian prairies we get some pretty cold and bitter winters, but that's when the best weather happens. Usually when it snows in the evening and the clouds clear off the next day the temperature can drop a lot, and it is then when you can hear things from miles away. It's the strangest feeling to hear a train moving along the tracks that is 5 miles away.
Along with these winters, when its snowing the big fluffy flakes, going for a walk is a surreal experience. The sound of everything is muffled, it's one of the most peaceful and calming times to walk.
Also it's winter man, no bugs and you get to eat hot stuff in front of the fire all the time..
Magical Shit
Show
Syruse|Work: i like magic shit
MagikEh: ...
MagikEh: >.>
MagikEh: <.<
»» MagikEh walks to the bathroom
Syruse|Work: hahaaaaaaaaa
Syruse|Work: wait
MagikEh: xD
Syruse|Work: fuck
Syruse|Work: NO
Syruse|Work: DONT
dawnraider

Post by dawnraider »

I absolutely love the weather in Denver, though it can definitely be chaotic at times, with hail, tornadoes, and blizzards, though none too extreme. It's generally sunny all year round, and, although I do prefer the summer in general, some of my favorite days are when it's 20°F with a foot of snow on the ground, but the sun is shining without a cloud in the sky.
Come join us on discord! https://discord.gg/fhMK5kx
Get the Deco Addon here!
Get the Better Terrain Addon here!
Get the Vanilla Mix TP here!
Get the Conquest TP here!
Wafflewaffle

Post by Wafflewaffle »

I like my weather like my women... unremarkable. If i have to think about what to wear before leaving home its already shitty weather and in Brazil its always hot and wet until you hit the few places that are always cold and dry. The best wheater? Between 2:00 and 4:00 in the morning cuz there is no sun, no heat, no noise and no people, just the way its intended to be.
Oh great, now nothing can stop the inbred train

Paradox Interactive:
CHOO CHOO!
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Post by FlowerChild »

Wafflewaffle wrote:I like my weather like my women... unremarkable.
Dude...that was completely unnecessary and borderline misogynistic. Wincing and long mental tangents about implied gender bias are not exactly my preferred morning activities.
Stormweaver

Post by Stormweaver »

Brit here - I sometimes forget weather can be anything other than cloudy.

On the above, the whole 'I like my' part kinda implies it was a joke based on personal taste in relationships rather than bigotry FC.
PatriotBob wrote:Damn it, I'm going to go eat pumpkin pie while I still think that it tastes good.
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Post by FlowerChild »

Stormweaver wrote: On the above, the whole 'I like my' part kinda implies it was a joke based on personal taste in relationships rather than bigotry FC.
Yup, I realize it's likely referring to personal relationships. I had to think about it awhile to really nail down what was bugging me about it (hence the long mental tangent) and I think it can be boiled down to me seeing not much difference between that statement and saying "I like my women to know their place and be easy to control".

That's a rather strong interpretation, but like I said above: the statement in itself was totally unnecessary given the conversation, and I think the "humor" behind is largely dependent on the above. There's something inherently wrong and taboo-violating with it, hence why it's found to be humorous.

I've heard similar jokes in the past, especially 20+ years ago, and extra-especially in the military. While it hardly raised an eyebrow back then, I think today it's the kind of thing that you'd only really expect to hear coming out of the likes of Donald Trump :P
dawnraider

Post by dawnraider »

Stormweaver wrote:Brit here - I sometimes forget weather can be anything other than cloudy.
This is why I could never live in anywhere like Britain, or the East Coast (especially during winter). I would go insane without the sun.
Get the Deco Addon here!
Wafflewaffle

Post by Wafflewaffle »

Stormweaver wrote:On the above, the whole 'I like my' part kinda implies it was a joke based on personal taste in relationships rather than bigotry FC.
It was actually an attempt of mockery towards what I assumed was a known chauvinistic joke about weather and woman, with a slight self-depricating vibe from the impression that i cant find anyone better. I actually avoided "forgetable" because i believed it was belittling women. But you know what? Splittling hairs doenst really help my case. Failed attempt at comedy is failed and easily avoidable.

Will refrain from it in the future.
Oh great, now nothing can stop the inbred train

Paradox Interactive:
CHOO CHOO!
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Post by FlowerChild »

Wafflewaffle wrote:with a slight self-depricating vibe from the impression that i cant find anyone better.
I think in all fairness I should mention that the self-deprecating aspect was something I was considering during my mental tangent about this as well ;)
DaveYanakov

Post by DaveYanakov »

dawnraider wrote:
Stormweaver wrote:Brit here - I sometimes forget weather can be anything other than cloudy.
This is why I could never live in anywhere like Britain, or the East Coast (especially during winter). I would go insane without the sun.
I think a surplus of sun would drive me to a killing rage. I love living in temperate rainforest. I just wish I got to experience stormlight more often. I don't even know what precise atmospheric conditions cause that perfect diffusion of light but it makes the whole world feel like a warmer place and I wish I could live in it forever.
Miss_Kat

Post by Miss_Kat »

As a rather unremarkable woman, I am going to.. steer completely clear of that bit of conversation that went on above and add to the delightfully dull weather talk:

I'm personally fond of fall. Has my favorite holiday (not the one with turkey!), my anniversary, and generally neutral temperatures. Don't sweat to death going out and freeze if I stay out late.

That's the theory anyway. I live in a place that actually only has a few types of weather and your stereotypical perfect fall day doesn't really happen here. Here's what we do have, starting at the beginning of the year: Hail. Mild flooding. Early fire warning. Fire. Fire. Fire. 120+ Induced Brownouts. Fire. Fire. That fun limbo where it's 90+ during the day and around freezing at night. Hail. Back to flooding for Christmas.

(I've italicized our current weather.)
Taleric

Post by Taleric »

The fall with leaves falling and a cool breeze. So many holidays around then and good memories :)

Second would be the depth of winter with a foot of snow on the ground at twilight or dawn the spars light reflects and creates an amber hue in all directions.
jorgebonafe

Post by jorgebonafe »

DaveYanakov wrote:I think a surplus of sun would drive me to a killing rage.
I find that unlikely. In my experience, too much heat for long periods of time have the opposite effect on people. In these conditions you just want to sleep all day long and do nothing...

I fucking hate it XD I love cold weather. I'm in a heat wave right now, and I the fact that it's only the beginning of spring and I have 8 or more months of unrelenting heat ahead of me makes me feel like just ending it all.
Better Than Wolves was borne of anal sex. True Story.
Miss_Kat

Post by Miss_Kat »

jorgebonafe wrote:In my experience, too much heat for long periods of time have the opposite effect on people. In these conditions you just want to sleep all day long and do nothing...
Ugh, yes. I live in such a hot, hot part of CA. For the summer I switched to the same sleeping schedule as my night-shift security guard fiancé. And I gotta say, it was definitely hard to break out of just sleeping through the heat. You get so, so used to it, it's like it's what your bodily just naturally wants to do. When we switched back to a day schedule I was legit just passing out in the middle of the day.
Caboose

Post by Caboose »

I really like big, loud thunderstorms that last all night. I'll crack open a window and just appreciate the noise and rain and lightning and thunder.

Even better if there's a small modicum of "danger" or novelty to it.
DaveYanakov

Post by DaveYanakov »

jorgebonafe wrote:I find that unlikely.
There's a reason crime rates tend to spike on the hotter days of the year.
myrkana

Post by myrkana »

I love fall, its chilly out enough for my favorite sweatshirts but not cold enough for the bulky jacket yet :p but I also love the snowy times because it makes everything bright at night when I take the dog out for a walk (I work second shift so I'm up til around 3-4am)
Rawr :D
dawnraider

Post by dawnraider »

jorgebonafe wrote:
DaveYanakov wrote:I think a surplus of sun would drive me to a killing rage.
I find that unlikely. In my experience, too much heat for long periods of time have the opposite effect on people. In these conditions you just want to sleep all day long and do nothing...

I fucking hate it XD I love cold weather. I'm in a heat wave right now, and I the fact that it's only the beginning of spring and I have 8 or more months of unrelenting heat ahead of me makes me feel like just ending it all.
Well, in Colorado sun does not necessarily equal heat. We only occasionally get into the 90's, and only in July/August, usually it's mid-low 80's. And really I was referring more towards in the winter. Except when it is actively snowing, the sun is usually at least partly shining, and that's what I would go insane without.
Get the Deco Addon here!