Inexpensive Great Voice Command Program Controls Everything

This forum is for anything that doesn't specifically have to do with Better Than Wolves
Rawny

Inexpensive Great Voice Command Program Controls Everything

Post by Rawny »

Hi all. Just an FYI post if you ever wanted to voice command your computer and games... even minecraft.

I started playing Evochron Mercenaries but going from Minecraft to a game the had a million buttons was tough so I looked around and found this voice command solution.
http://www.voiceattack.com
It works well AND only costs 8$ after the 21day free trial. Certainly worth the eight dollars. I did find an issue and within a day he sent out a new version, quite impressed. You can control a whole bunch of stuff with it; keyboard strokes, mouse buttons and mouse movement, execute programs, sounds, macros, more and there are unlimited profiles and commands with the paid version.

I've got a bad elbow and pushing DIG for long durations often ends up being unpleasant.

Another thing I like is that it seems he works on this alone (like FC) because in some of our email exchanges he mentioned family members are his main testers.

I made a video of me using it in Minecraft. Imagin the possibilities in stuff like World of Warcraft, Diablo, FPS ("REALOAD")!

If you ever wanted to do voice control, this is great.

NOTE: Though it sounds like it, I am not being sponsored. So far the product and support have been great and I like helping start-ups.
haphazardnuke wrote:"Quick and Easy" is incompatible with Better than Wolves. Try using the patch, "Sense of Accomplishment".
Elevatator

Re: Inexpensive Great Voice Command Program Controls Everyth

Post by Elevatator »

Sounds really amazing. The "replace" command hooked me. I will definitely take a look.
⠀⠀⠀⢀⣀⣠⣤⣤⣤⣶⣶⣶⣦⡀
⠀⠀⢠⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣦
⠀⢀⣾⣿⣿⠟⠉⠀⠀⠀⠀⠈⠻⣿⣿⣷⣄
⠀⣼⣿⣿⠏⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠘⣿⣿⣿⣧
⣰⣿⣿⣿⡀⠀⢀⣴⣾⠿⣵⣦⠀⠀⣿⣿⣿⠇
⠙⢿⣿⣿⣇⠀⠈⠛⠁⠀⠈⠁⠀⣠⣿⣿⡏
⠀⠀⠻⣿⣿⣷⣤⣀⣀⢀⣀⣠⣾⣿⣿⡿
⠀⠀⠀⠈⢻⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⡥⠤⠒⣢
⠀⠀⠀⠀⣀⣽⣿⣿⡿⠿⠿⠛⠉⠁⣀⣤⣶⠟⠁
⠀⠀⢴⣭⣥⣶⣾⣿⡇⠀⠀⠀⠀⢸⣿⣿⠁
⠀⠀⠀⠀⢀⣿⣿⣿⡷⠀⠀⠀⠀⢸⣿⣿⣧⡀
⠀⠀⠀⠀⢾⣿⣿⣿⣤⣤⣤⣤⣤⣼⣿⣿⣿⠇
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠉⠉⠉⠉⠉⠉⠉⠉⠉⠁
Rawny

Post by Rawny »

Worth the look. SO useful not in just Minecraft.

The way you configure a voice command is step by step actions. The "replace" voice command is something like

1- Press 1 (where my pickaxe is)
2- Push down left mouse button
3- Wait for 0.5 seconds (You'll need to vary your time based on the tool type you use.)
4- Release left mouse button
5- Press 2 (there my regular stone bricks are on my bar)
6- CLICK right mouse button
7- Press 1 (to return to the pickaxe)

NOTE: sometimes the "button pushes" are done so quickly that sometimes I've added "Pause for 0.1 seconds).

My "Swap Tool" voice command is just a series like the above but I used the "Move mouse to X,Y position"
haphazardnuke wrote:"Quick and Easy" is incompatible with Better than Wolves. Try using the patch, "Sense of Accomplishment".
william711

Post by william711 »

I'm personally looking forward to this user interface. It allows tracking of hands and pretty much anything within a two foot cube in front of the computer. I think the Popsci article explains it better

http://www.popsci.com/gadgets/article/2 ... omputer-70
tedium

Post by tedium »

rawny... dude, that is an epic find! you're review video was pretty cool too. thanks for sharing :)

i've seen that 3d hand motion thing before... pretty sure someone linked it in off-topic a few weeks/months back. it looks crazy, but it's a whole new system, whereas what rawny shared is more complimentary to a keyboard & mouse setup. i'd use the 3d hand controls on my desktop, but in any game i'm going to stick with the keyboard & mouse. there's a reason why the kinnect sucks, and it's not the technology, it's the application. even so, it's good to be another step closer to Minority Report :)
FlowerChild makes heroes of us all, and gives us battle axes where we had swords weak as zombie paws.
TaterBoy

Post by TaterBoy »

This is fully awesome...
I can see this being useful in League of Legends too, one of my biggest handicaps is fumbling summoner spells, (My fingers often slip to the wrong key on my Merc keyboard and I miss that half second window to cast Ignite or Exhaust, etc.)

I don't know if anyone else plays LoL, but for those that do and know how frenetic some skirmishes can be, I'm sure you'll be right with me on this. :D

Awesome find Rawny, I really want to get this...Just need to secure some cheddar first.

p.s.
(if you ever make a video tutorial to build anything and use this program during it, would you do me a favor...Just once, and say "Illuminate" and "Deluminate" to turn a series of lights on and off respectively? My inner geek would totally squee for joy.)
:)
Cthulhu for President: It's not the right choice, it's the only choice.
Rawny

Post by Rawny »

Request fulfilled.

TaterBoy

Post by TaterBoy »

Dude...Now you have to go watch the movie Demolition Man...It's an awesome movie, and therein you shall find what this references to. :)

I'm still trying to think of all the possible applications for this software. It works with things other than games right? Like Word, Paint, etc? If so, I really must find a way to secure some fundage for this.
jorgebonafe

Post by jorgebonafe »

TaterBoy wrote:Dude...Now you have to go watch the movie Demolition Man...It's an awesome movie, and therein you shall find what this references to. :)
Is that the one where there's no toillete paper? XD
Better Than Wolves was borne of anal sex. True Story.
TaterBoy

Post by TaterBoy »

Yeah, amongst other things. It's one of my all-time favorite movies. Interestingly enough, all their computers were voice actuated, as was the profanity sensor. I think this program may very well be the future of all systems. Keyboards are so unsanitary and clumsy. :D
Rawny

Post by Rawny »

I've seen the movie and enjoyed it. I didn't remember the Illuminate. I like commercial jingles.

Yeah, VoiceAttack works in perty much anything. When you download the free trial and goto edit commands you can see that there are a few commands there my default and one is something like "Start Calculator" and "end calculator". You could probably program VA with all the number and math operations for Calc.

If you purchase VA you can create profiles and create as many commands in that profile as you want so you fi you plan on using the calc you can configure "Start Caluculator" to not only start the calc but switch to your calc command profile. when you configure some commands like button pushes there is an check box option thingy to differnciate between standard push or in game DirectX button push.
Ethinolicbob

Post by Ethinolicbob »

I used to use something like this back in my days when I played WoW.
Windows XP already has most of the required architecture for voice command and downloading the rest (free) from Microsoft would attach it to the Control panel.
I then used a free voice-to-keystroke program so that I could command my partners healer via the use of macros.
Basic things like follow, stay, heal, eat, drink, mount, walk.
This would allow me to "2-man" most of the content in the game while truly playing by myself.
Would not have thought to use this with Minecraft however.
Elevatator

Post by Elevatator »

I think it would also be great for the few Beat´em ups on Pc. Making Combos will be much easier (guess why the people in anime/mangas always speak their attacks loud out)
⠀⠀⠀⢀⣀⣠⣤⣤⣤⣶⣶⣶⣦⡀
⠀⠀⢠⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣦
⠀⢀⣾⣿⣿⠟⠉⠀⠀⠀⠀⠈⠻⣿⣿⣷⣄
⠀⣼⣿⣿⠏⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠘⣿⣿⣿⣧
⣰⣿⣿⣿⡀⠀⢀⣴⣾⠿⣵⣦⠀⠀⣿⣿⣿⠇
⠙⢿⣿⣿⣇⠀⠈⠛⠁⠀⠈⠁⠀⣠⣿⣿⡏
⠀⠀⠻⣿⣿⣷⣤⣀⣀⢀⣀⣠⣾⣿⣿⡿
⠀⠀⠀⠈⢻⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⡥⠤⠒⣢
⠀⠀⠀⠀⣀⣽⣿⣿⡿⠿⠿⠛⠉⠁⣀⣤⣶⠟⠁
⠀⠀⢴⣭⣥⣶⣾⣿⡇⠀⠀⠀⠀⢸⣿⣿⠁
⠀⠀⠀⠀⢀⣿⣿⣿⡷⠀⠀⠀⠀⢸⣿⣿⣧⡀
⠀⠀⠀⠀⢾⣿⣿⣿⣤⣤⣤⣤⣤⣼⣿⣿⣿⠇
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠉⠉⠉⠉⠉⠉⠉⠉⠉⠁
Thalarctia

Post by Thalarctia »

The first thing that springs to mind for me is emulating the Skyrim Kinect support on Xbox 360, being able to shout FUS RO DAH! at my monitor and it actually working :-p
Ulfengaard

Post by Ulfengaard »

Thalarctia wrote:The first thing that springs to mind for me is emulating the Skyrim Kinect support on Xbox 360, being able to shout FUS RO DAH! at my monitor and it actually working :-p
Wish granted.
Awfulcopter wrote:...nothing says harmony with nature better than leaves that bleed. AMIRITE?
dawnraider wrote:I think we need to stop asking how stupid people can be. I think they're starting to take it as a challenge :)
dawnraider

Post by dawnraider »

Tried it out and it works really well for starcraft. No more memorizing hotkeys :). There is a certain satisfaction to repeatedly yelling "zergling" at you moniter and amassing an army in seconds (I believe it is 21). One problem is it really hates the words "starport" and "bridge" (that one is for minecraft. It sneaks and moves back while placing blocks)
Come join us on discord! https://discord.gg/fhMK5kx
Get the Deco Addon here!
Get the Better Terrain Addon here!
Get the Vanilla Mix TP here!
Get the Conquest TP here!
Rawny

Post by Rawny »

I think that prob is in the windows voice recog part. I think I remember seeing specific command voice record to compare with, may be wrong though. I had trouble with the command " melee". I didn't sau it the "French" way that sounds like "may ley" so I changed the command to "mealy" to be more my phonetic.
jorgebonafe

Post by jorgebonafe »

Although this is an old thread I think its worth it to post here to show this awesome thing I just saw... I bought Elite Dangerous recently and I was thinking how awesome (and practical) it would be to be able to control the ship with voice commands, like quickly switching power distribution to needed systems... Sure enough, I came across this, and remembered this discussion... Anyway, how awesome is this?

Better Than Wolves was borne of anal sex. True Story.
Ulfengaard

Post by Ulfengaard »

I still use this with a lot of games, but most notably Bridge Commander, Starpoint Gemini 2, Evochron Mercenaries, and others. Bridge Commander is especially good at giving me that starship captain feel, and I really look forward to its fanmade successor, Excalibur.
Awfulcopter wrote:...nothing says harmony with nature better than leaves that bleed. AMIRITE?
dawnraider wrote:I think we need to stop asking how stupid people can be. I think they're starting to take it as a challenge :)