Clockwork Empires

This forum is for anything that doesn't specifically have to do with Better Than Wolves
Kezza

Clockwork Empires

Post by Kezza »

The game is now available on Steam.
It is early access.

At the moment its a survival/strategie game.

It got my attention with this blog entry 1,5 years ago. Its the goal to implement mechanical, steampowered systems:

https://www.gaslampgames.com/2013/03/13 ... out-there/

There is nothing of this implemented at the moment, but it is the plan

The blog: https://www.gaslampgames.com/blog/

Steam: http://store.steampowered.com/app/224740/
Last edited by Kezza on Fri Aug 15, 2014 3:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
BinoAl

Re: Clockwork Empires

Post by BinoAl »

Ahh, sweet, I've been wanting this for a while, but I stopped keeping up with it's development a while ago. Does anyone already have it?
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Post by FlowerChild »

Some explanation of what the game is and why we would care in the OP would have been nice. Obviously, having threads for every game that comes out isn't reasonable, and while this one is the kind of thing that would particularly interest people here, there's no way to tell that from your initial message.
Kezza

Post by Kezza »

Added some info, why it could be something interesting for BTW-players ;)

I bought it, but I cant realy say a lot about it at the moment, it is very unstable on my laptop.
Sarudak
Site Admin

Post by Sarudak »

I'm torn on this. I'm excited about the game but I've burnt out on early access many times before.
hawk

Post by hawk »

How was thier previous title "Dungeons of Dredmor"? I had heard good things at the time but for whatever reason forgot about it.
EpicAaron

Post by EpicAaron »

Dungeons of Dredmor was a hilarious Roguelike game that was easily accessible to players new to the genre. I spent many good hours on that one. <3

This game however appears to be some form of Towns experience with Lovecraftian elements thrown in. It doesn't look like it has much to offer right now, but is something that I will definitely look into closer to release.
Sarudak
Site Admin

Post by Sarudak »

Based on their last blog post it looks like it has a *LOT* or cabbage to offer... Just sayin
Gilberreke

Post by Gilberreke »

I personally really didn't like Dungeons of Dredmor, but it certainly delivered all it promised and it was a very polished experience. So yeah, if this sounds like your kind of game, it's probably going to be something you want to pick up. There's certainly a difference for me between an early access game being a company's first product and a company that has already proven they can deliver on all promises.
Come join us at Vioki's Discord! discord.gg/fhMK5kx
ion

Post by ion »

this is one that may be good for spending time. wont buy it until polished a bit more. not very fond of early access.