Separate save directory for BTW saves

The place to talk about how BTW might be different
Husbag3

Separate save directory for BTW saves

Post by Husbag3 »

I've recently started playing minecraft again, and have been really enjoying better than wolves. Just this morning, I went to check out the snapshot and absent mindedly loaded my BTW world without loading the BTW jar, thus removing all the mod blocks from my world. After 100+ hours of game-play on that world, I found it immensely frustrating that it was all removed by I silly mistake.

I know this is more along the lines of a suggestion but I don't know any other way of saying, just make it so that you cannot load a BTW world without the correct jar loaded.
If the minecraft world is infinite, why does the sun still rotate around it?
VegasGoat

Re: Separate save directory for BTW saves

Post by VegasGoat »

Ouch, that's rough. You can prevent this in the future by using the new minecraft launcher (get the latest Minecraft.exe from Mojang) and setting up a separate profile for BTW with a different directory.
Husbag3

Post by Husbag3 »

VegasGoat wrote:Ouch, that's rough. You can prevent this in the future by using the new minecraft launcher (get the latest Minecraft.exe from Mojang) and setting up a separate profile for BTW with a different directory.
I'm on the new launcher but you need to quit the game and reload before switching worlds. This is what I failed to do.
eternal8phoenix

Post by eternal8phoenix »

Husbag3 wrote:
VegasGoat wrote:Ouch, that's rough. You can prevent this in the future by using the new minecraft launcher (get the latest Minecraft.exe from Mojang) and setting up a separate profile for BTW with a different directory.
I'm on the new launcher but you need to quit the game and reload before switching worlds. This is what I failed to do.
Really? I didn't have that problem with or without launcher reload enabled

Evidence below, using 2 versions of vanilla.
Spoiler
Show

Spoiler
Show
Change the directory and it should save the file elsewhere.
Husbag3

Post by Husbag3 »

My bad, a mod can lock this down now.