Steam Sales

This forum is for anything that doesn't specifically have to do with Better Than Wolves
Ulfengaard

Re: Steam Sales

Post by Ulfengaard »

Hello everyone. I'm not around much in the community anymore, but this is still my favorite forum. So, I thought I would pop on to say that I have a coupon for half off of Crusader Kings II. I know that folks here would get some enjoyment out of a game like that, and I already own it. Just reply here, first. The first responder gets it and should send me a friend request on Steam.

Happy New Year, everybody.
Awfulcopter wrote:...nothing says harmony with nature better than leaves that bleed. AMIRITE?
dawnraider wrote:I think we need to stop asking how stupid people can be. I think they're starting to take it as a challenge :)
Wibbles

Post by Wibbles »

Random Steam Review wrote:10/10 would murder spouse again
That sold it for me. May I have the pleasure of your coupon Ulfengaard? :)

Really, the game looks like a lot of fun and I've never heard of it up til now.
MoRmEnGiL

Post by MoRmEnGiL »

Same here, apparently I somehow got a 50% off coupon for CKII. Plus 2 10% off for Toki Tori 2+, but I doubt many of you will be interested in this. :P

First come first served, whoever wants any of these let me know :]
War..
War never changes.

Remember what the dormouse said
Fret

Post by Fret »

Well a 50% discount sounds really nice. I would like to claim that CK II coupon if I'm not too late.
logorouge

Post by logorouge »

Those coupons are everywhere! o_O

I got one to give away too, just contact me. (ckII 50%)
Azdoine may have wrote:Well, we are harvesting souls [...] Sure, they get trapped in a piece of metal, but at least they get to see the world.
Simurgh

Post by Simurgh »

Sanctum 2 is on sale for £2 GBP this weekend with play for free till tomorrow. Worth a peek at and runs well on older systems.
Taleric

Post by Taleric »

Infested Planet $11.99
I skipped this back in beta and release. Took a chance on this sale and can see I will get my $ worth :)

Offers missions and skirmish mode. The layout has a RTS feel where each map starts you with 5 Marines and a capture point.

You roam the map killing off the alien hives to capture the remaining points. While the aliens control a point they will continually spawn waves. Think Tyranid ala 40k or Zerg rush!

As you get closer to having all the points the aliens progressively gain additional abilities. You are able to make use of multiple skills in the field such as specializing Marines (flame, shotgun ect.) and deploy sentry guns, plus other tech.

Each match is very enjoyable and almost exhausting as you can gain and lose ground multiple times before you find a winning technique. I guess that is the best part, an error is not 100% game over if you are able to think quick and fight back for the win!
BinoAl

Post by BinoAl »

I've got a coupon for 90% off Tiny Bang Story, if anyone wants it. That makes it ~50 cents, but it just doesn't look like an interesting game to me
LupusExMachina

Post by LupusExMachina »

BinoAl wrote:I've got a coupon for 90% off Tiny Bang Story, if anyone wants it. That makes it ~50 cents, but it just doesn't look like an interesting game to me
That game looks like something my daughter will enjoy. What do you want for the coupon?
BinoAl

Post by BinoAl »

LupusExMachina wrote:
BinoAl wrote:I've got a coupon for 90% off Tiny Bang Story, if anyone wants it. That makes it ~50 cents, but it just doesn't look like an interesting game to me
That game looks like something my daughter will enjoy. What do you want for the coupon?
You can have it for free, just add me on steam, my signature should link to my profile
DaveYanakov

Post by DaveYanakov »

Just a quick heads up that there is a 24 hour sale on some amazing titles including Gunpoint and XCom: Enemy Within at 75% off
Better is the enemy of Good
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Post by FlowerChild »

Yikes. Hello Democracy 3 and Enemy Within, goodbye budget :)

I picked up Gunpoint awhile ago, and while I found in an enjoyable if rather short lived experience, I didn't quite get what all the hype was about.
DaveYanakov

Post by DaveYanakov »

Good stealth 'em ups are hard to find sometimes. Gunpoint was a breath of fresh air for people who were looking for that kind of vibe.

Also the achievement the game gave me in order to try and get me to stop doing something was worth the price of admission on its own.
Better is the enemy of Good
Whisp

Post by Whisp »

It's almost a year since I played Gunpoint, but I followed it since some time in alpha stage before. While it was enjoyable, what I remember from the videos and descriptions in alpha was a promise of a way more complex wiring system and more ways to solve the missions by a clever use of it.
While the finished game was fun and some levels were nice and challenging, it definitely lacked the kind of levels that I want to restart and solve in different ways, which I was hoping for.
MoRmEnGiL

Post by MoRmEnGiL »

DaveYanakov wrote:XCom: Enemy Within at 75% off

Unholy mother of Azathoth, thanks for the heads up, I bolted to the bank 15 mins before closing and made it in time, how did I miss that discount :P
War..
War never changes.

Remember what the dormouse said
OlbaiD

Post by OlbaiD »

ARMA: Cold War Assault for free. Offer ends Monday at 10AM Pacific Time.
Taleric

Post by Taleric »

Wargame: Red Dragon 33% off

RTS that is anti blob with units modeled after real word 60's-90's world powers. Expect a bit of a learning curve for play and the interface unless you have played EE or ALB. AI was improved and an unbalanced navy added, the big fun is in multiplayer.

Friend Taleric if you grab it, I normally place in top 25% or players and am chill/don't mind teaching.
Last edited by Taleric on Mon May 19, 2014 5:30 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Mason11987

Post by Mason11987 »

I don't know if anyone frequents humble bundle but they have a sale going on right now with some great deals, all of which can be downloaded on steam if you so choose:

https://www.humblebundle.com/store?utm_ ... e-93069901

EU4 for $10 is a fantastic deal.
Nabetsu122

Post by Nabetsu122 »

In celebration of Warhammer 40k: Kill Team (meh...) being released for PC, There is a gigantic 50% off sale for Dawn of War + Mission packs, Dawn of War II + Mission/Faction packs, and Space Marine + Expansions and Weapon/Faction skins.

Steam Store

All in all, the entire set is marked down to ~$100, or you can pick and choose if you own the game, but are missing some expansions.
Wafflewaffle

Post by Wafflewaffle »

The steam summer sales are up guys. Prepare your wallets!!!

Xcom complete edition, Farcry 3, Sins of Solar Empire... DAMN YOU VALVE!!

At this rate i'll only recover financially by the end of the year, and then its Holyday sales again!
Oh great, now nothing can stop the inbred train

Paradox Interactive:
CHOO CHOO!
Katalliaan

Post by Katalliaan »

I highly suggest getting Enhanced Steam on your web browser and shopping that way - it'll show you the cheapest price something is at currently (with a link to it if it's not Steam), the cheapest price it's ever been, and warn you of additional layers of DRM.
Open in case of fire
Spoiler
Show
Not now stupid - in case of fire
CrimsonStorm

Post by CrimsonStorm »

If anyone ends up with an extra coupon for CKII, I'd love to claim it. :)
Sarudak
Site Admin

Post by Sarudak »

Pixel piracy is 50% off for the next 8 hours. I think I'm going to grab it.
Katalliaan

Post by Katalliaan »

Sarudak wrote:Pixel piracy is 50% off for the next 8 hours. I think I'm going to grab it.
Do coupons stack with the sale price? I've still got two 25% off ones if they do.
Open in case of fire
Spoiler
Show
Not now stupid - in case of fire
Puzzled

Post by Puzzled »

Katalliaan wrote:
Sarudak wrote:Pixel piracy is 50% off for the next 8 hours. I think I'm going to grab it.
Do coupons stack with the sale price? I've still got two 25% off ones if they do.
I think the coupons for that game expired a while ago.