General BTW "Let's Play"s thread

A place to talk to other users about the mod.
Rawny

Re: General BTW "Let's Play"s thread

Post by Rawny »

Thanks Sock.
Gunnerman21 wrote:That new format is perfect Rawny :)
Which new format? Episode eight or the picture I included above?

Thanks.
haphazardnuke wrote:"Quick and Easy" is incompatible with Better than Wolves. Try using the patch, "Sense of Accomplishment".
Gunnerman21

Post by Gunnerman21 »

The picture format you showed, it's good that your channel gets the bigger picture because thats the one I watch the most. But I still flip back and forth between watching what your side is showing and the other side on the same video.
Spoiler
Show
I am... THE TAXI MAN.
Gunnerman21

Post by Gunnerman21 »

Uploading the first episode of my LP right now :)

It'll be done around 3:00am PST, I'll just edit the link into this post when it finishes.
Edit: And here it is! :D http://youtu.be/FoyC_EkD--I

Would ~20 minutes an episode be good for just singleplayer?
Last edited by Gunnerman21 on Wed Feb 05, 2014 11:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
Spoiler
Show
I am... THE TAXI MAN.
Sockthing

Post by Sockthing »

Gunnerman21 wrote: Would ~20 minutes an episode be good for just singleplayer?
I always try to keep my episodes, whatever it is, between 20 and 30min :)
Rob wrote:Sock-ilocks then tried the momma bear's pixel size and thought that it was just right.
BTW Community SMP Server: Discord | Sock's Crops: Thread
Gunnerman21

Post by Gunnerman21 »

Episode 2 of my LP is out right now :)

You can find it here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SoGGKuf68hI
Spoiler
Show
I am... THE TAXI MAN.
Sockthing

Post by Sockthing »

Episode 34 of my BTW LP:

Dont worry. Even I am on episode 34 I still havent got any hemp or been to the nether.
So I hope you enjoy :)

edit: added youtube tags
Last edited by Sockthing on Thu Feb 13, 2014 9:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Rob wrote:Sock-ilocks then tried the momma bear's pixel size and thought that it was just right.
ko_teknik

Post by ko_teknik »

Automatic pottery
Let's Play Minecraft Better Than Wolves Ep 22 l HARDCORE l Machinerie infernal !
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nGz3wngqJ0M
Sockthing

Post by Sockthing »

ko_teknik wrote:Automatic pottery
Let's Play Minecraft Better Than Wolves Ep 22 l HARDCORE l Machinerie infernal !
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nGz3wngqJ0M
Your setup is impressive! Excited for the next episode :)
Rawny

Post by Rawny »

New DAY 9 episode posted with new NEW and improved format! Pls tell us what you think.

Co-op Let's play Day 09 has been posted.
CmdrRipper's video with sizes inverted.

No link necessary for easysauce dual watching! It's now easier and better than easysauce!
haphazardnuke wrote:"Quick and Easy" is incompatible with Better than Wolves. Try using the patch, "Sense of Accomplishment".
Sockthing

Post by Sockthing »

The new format works flawlessly :)
But the episode was too short imo :P cant wait for the next ;)
Rawny

Post by Rawny »

Sockthing wrote:The new format works flawlessly :)
But the episode was too short imo :P cant wait for the next ;)
Thanks! The new look feel right.
Ripper and I both noticed the episode was kinda short and were confused about it. We realised that when we logged of in episode 8 that the server keeps running for a little so we lost most of our daylight. Next time we log out at sunrise, when we start new I'll used the /set time day command so we don't get robbed on time.
Thanks again.
Gunnerman21

Post by Gunnerman21 »

Episode 3 of my LP is up :) I think I actually made some progress x)

Plus I learned that I should do more off camera, so here you go! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w_TqKfsNfz8
Spoiler
Show
I am... THE TAXI MAN.
Rawny

Post by Rawny »

Questions and new post info.

My last single player Split Seconds was sadly uploaded last night. I don't know how I would have done this but the world is gone, deleted. Should I record another series? Should I keep the same style? Should I continue focus on the coop series I have going? There are suddenly-ish multiple lets plays starting up, I don't feel another would bring anything more. In about three weeks I'm changing ISP (Internet Service Provider) and significantly increasing speeds (getting deja vue, did I mention this before?). I have a large idea project thing in mind that I could now start up. I'm not sure if I should start up an other repeat season two type thing of my Split Seconds series. Not looking for flowers, though my favorites are lilacs, just look'n for ideas or suggestions.

New DAY 10 episode posted with the new NEW and improved format which is going to be the standard I won't be mentioned again. 11 should be out later today.

Rawny's Video
CmdrRipper's video
magikeh

Post by magikeh »

Rawny wrote:-snippy- I'm not sure if I should start up an other repeat season two type thing of my Split Seconds series. Not looking for flowers, though my favorites are lilacs, just look'n for ideas or suggestions.
Gonna be honest here man, your split seconds was one of my favourite lets plays. It took several hours of work and condensed it into a humorous 20-30 min video. I loved the voice over and those little sound effects, it was a great series and I do sincerely hope that you put another like series out. :) Best of luck with the new ISP.
Magical Shit
Show
Syruse|Work: i like magic shit
MagikEh: ...
MagikEh: >.>
MagikEh: <.<
»» MagikEh walks to the bathroom
Syruse|Work: hahaaaaaaaaa
Syruse|Work: wait
MagikEh: xD
Syruse|Work: fuck
Syruse|Work: NO
Syruse|Work: DONT
Six

Post by Six »

Rawny wrote:Should I record another series? Should I keep the same style? Should I continue focus on the coop series I have going? There are suddenly-ish multiple lets plays starting up, I don't feel another would bring anything more. In about three weeks I'm changing ISP (Internet Service Provider) and significantly increasing speeds (getting deja vue, did I mention this before?). I have a large idea project thing in mind that I could now start up. I'm not sure if I should start up an other repeat season two type thing of my Split Seconds series. Not looking for flowers, though my favorites are lilacs, just look'n for ideas or suggestions.
I've been rather enjoying your coop series and the dual screen setup you have going now is great. I also enjoyed your Split Seconds stuff, though I imagine all that editing must be quite time consuming. As you said there is quite a glut of single person LPs playing through the early game at the moment, but the edited down style of yours did make it distinct. I say just do whatever you feel comfortable with.

And just a note in your coop play - mushrooms wont grow if there are 5 or more mushrooms in a 9x9 x 3 high area centered on the mushroom trying to spread, so your mushrooms are all too close. Try putting at least a gap of 4 between each one.
Rawny

Post by Rawny »

New DAY 12 episode posted

Rawny's Video
CmdrRipper's video

IN other news, I of course started anew single player with the intent of just playing for me but couldn't help record it. There have been a few insane and fun times in it and the world has a couple interesting formations in it. I might do something with it, if not at least show off the fun bits in a special vid or two. I still shake my head and two specific events, practically jaw dropping.
Rawny

Post by Rawny »

DAY 13 episode posted

Rawny's View
CmdrRipper's view

Side note, should we not try and keep all the Let's Play posts in one thread? BTW Discussion could become overcrowded.
Gunnerman21

Post by Gunnerman21 »

A forum thread for Let's Plays would be very convenient :) I agree with Rawny
Spoiler
Show
I am... THE TAXI MAN.
Rawny

Post by Rawny »

Gunnerman21 wrote:A forum thread for Let's Plays would be very convenient :) I agree with Rawny
Er... no... wait... I meant this thing. This series of posts where I'm writing right now, not a whole big thing along side "Better Than Wolves Discussion" and "BTW SMP Servers" and so on. Just... here, is what I meant.
Gunnerman21

Post by Gunnerman21 »

Oh, sorry about that.. Just a misunderstanding with what I agreed with. I meant I agreed that the LPs should be consolidated somewhere. But scrolling through a big list of other people's LPs in one thread could be chaotic as well, some people could be left behind with only one episode that nobody saw.
Spoiler
Show
I am... THE TAXI MAN.
HavokSCOUT

Post by HavokSCOUT »

Perhaps the OP of a new thread can consolidate the videos on the first port?
Spoiler
Show
Brony, and proud of it
CheGiuAn wrote:ppl should have faith, not religion....
Katalliaan wrote:It's a tech shrub, more like
MagikEh wrote: D: THE SEEKRET OF SYRUPEY BEAVER NIPPLES HAS BEEN EXPOSED!!! ABORT~!~!
Sockthing

Post by Sockthing »

HavokSCOUT wrote:Perhaps the OP of a new thread can consolidate the videos on the first port?
Maybe Six could just do that on this thread, since this is already the General BTW "Let's Play"s thread?

Also here my episode 35 of "Wild Sockthing".
I'm sorry, some parts of the video have audio and quality issues, but that will be fixed for the next episode!

ko_teknik

Post by ko_teknik »

New infernal machine lol
Let's Play Minecraft Better Than Wolves Ep 23 l HARDCORE l Piston chenille !
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5WrZrmSxzJI
Rawny

Post by Rawny »

DAY 14 episode posted

Rawny's View
CmdrRipper's view

I'm finishing up Day 15 and WOW what and ending! lol advertising but its true!
Sockthing

Post by Sockthing »

Rawny wrote:DAY 14 episode posted

Rawny's View
CmdrRipper's view

I'm finishing up Day 15 and WOW what and ending! lol advertising but its true!
I think that your mushroom setup might not be real good. Apparently they only grow if there are less than 5 in a 9x9x3 area. Thats what I've been told. Maybe it helps! :)