Friendly Coop BTW Server !

This is the place for SMP server threads, and for general server discussion.
EtherealWrath

Re: Friendly Coop BTW Server !

Post by EtherealWrath »

If it gets out of control I (or anyone) can block off the beacon and shut it down.

(unless the effect is greater than 100 blocks it shouldn't cause any problems)

To be honest Groth seems to be a more destructive force
Phantom screams echo through the ruined facility
A horrible silence builds an eerie tranquility
The souls of many innocent fill the air
The hope they all died with scattered down there
DiamondArms

Post by DiamondArms »

EtherealWrath wrote:If it gets out of control I (or anyone) can block off the beacon and shut it down.

(unless the effect is greater than 100 blocks it shouldn't cause any problems)

To be honest Groth seems to be a more destructive force
by current beacon rules, tier 3 or 4 is going to affect more than a 100block radius.
The problem with silverfish is how direct its destructive power is. it possesses and destroys stone, stonebrick and maybe cobble(needs spading). Groth, on the other hand, just spreads without actually breaking anything in the landscape(except the fire on the nethrack). Groth can be considered more harmful than silverfish, especially if unprepared, but ultimately does not destroy anything. It just hurts.

How optimal are we going with this farm?
(Again, stressing the point that over the void is still the most optimal way to go. you don't have to worry about anything escaping. Especially with endermen. Enderfarms are usually never on the main endrock, due to the endrock itself interfering with the farm's efficiency.)
Also, why another enderman farm? Are the ones we have already not good enough?
(Very much concerned. I built one of those farms. If neither Donut's style or mine are acceptable, what other kind of enderfarm is there?)
EtherealWrath

Post by EtherealWrath »

To be honest I'm not overly fussed if a farm is 100% optimal or not- its just easier to have something solid to build on.
Both yours and Donut's endfarms are epic- Its more I want to go through the same challenge/gameplay by building my own.

If you're 100% sure on the 100+ block radius thing I'll relocate the beacon, and [eventually] rebuild that flat area.
(Beacon shut down)

--Edit--

Thinking deeper on this; how to bridge out and build over void without breaking consistency and keeping to my personal rules/engineering about flying/floating stuff?
Thanks man- you've done me a favour kicking me off the end island. [Challenge Accepted]
Last edited by EtherealWrath on Mon Jan 27, 2014 4:56 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Rob

Post by Rob »

Okay, today I got the jungle room done, since the large jungle trees finally grew for me last night. I had to manually build one of the 14 trees since it refused to grow by itself.

Ground floor looks like this:
Jungle Room
Show
I spent two hours building an aesthetic tree top village that players won't be able to navigate, but can see from below. I loosely modeled it after the Avian bird race village from World of Warcraft's Burning Crusade expansion.
Avian Village
Show
Every platform is connected in some way.
DiamondArms

Post by DiamondArms »

EtherealWrath wrote:To be honest I'm not overly fussed if a farm is 100% optimal or not- its just easier to have something solid to build on.
Both yours and Donut's endfarms are epic- Its more I want to go through the same challenge/gameplay by building my own.

If you're 100% sure on the 100+ block radius thing I'll relocate the beacon, and [eventually] rebuild that flat area.
(Beacon shut down)

--Edit--

Thinking deeper on this; how to bridge out and build over void without breaking consistency and keeping to my personal rules/engineering about flying/floating stuff?
Thanks man- you've done me a favour kicking me off the end island. [Challenge Accepted]
Beacon Article on BTW wiki
Slightly off. tier 3 is 80blocks range. tier 4 is 100+.

I'll admit having solid foundation is nice, but the wandering endermen are not. I do look forward to seeing you produce an interesting enderfarm of your own, as long as it doesn't require punching endermen. Yes, I do have issues with Donut's farm on that. Waste of stamina.

Enderfarm discussion
this thread might give you a few ideas for the enderfarm. Its an interesting read, with some very different ideas on mechanisms and methods. Having a Different type of enderfarm will be interesting. Kudos if you can outpiston Donut's farm and make the collection system better than mine.
GalaxyTreader

Post by GalaxyTreader »

Thought I'd just let everyone know that the name of the capital has been changed to Constella. This was to avoid confusion many people (mostly new ones) had as to where Constaquara was located. It's the whole peninsula!
EtherealWrath

Post by EtherealWrath »

Is there a way to unbind oneself from the SF beacon without unbinding everyone else?

I need to abseil down to the void level in the end and build foundation piers for my bridge.
morsmaestro

Post by morsmaestro »

Rob wrote:Okay, today I got the jungle room done, since the large jungle trees finally grew for me last night. I had to manually build one of the 14 trees since it refused to grow by itself.

Ground floor looks like this:
Jungle Room
Show
I spent two hours building an aesthetic tree top village that players won't be able to navigate, but can see from below. I loosely modeled it after the Avian bird race village from World of Warcraft's Burning Crusade expansion.
Avian Village
Show
Every platform is connected in some way.
That's looking fantastic.
DiamondArms

Post by DiamondArms »

EtherealWrath wrote:Is there a way to unbind oneself from the SF beacon without unbinding everyone else?

I need to abseil down to the void level in the end and build foundation piers for my bridge.
I don't understand what you mean by unbinding. If you just want to be no longer affected by the SF beacon at spawn, it already does not affect you when you're not in the overworld(e.g. the nether or end).

That aside, you want to build support pillars. Over the void. Genius. I like it. Rope or Water descent?
EtherealWrath

Post by EtherealWrath »

DiamondArms wrote:
EtherealWrath wrote: I don't understand what you mean by unbinding. If you just want to be no longer affected by the SF beacon at spawn, it already does not affect you when you're not in the overworld(e.g. the nether or end).

That aside, you want to build support pillars. Over the void. Genius. I like it. Rope or Water descent?
Good to know about the beacon. I didn't want to get permanently bound on it, or smash-replace it so I'm free and everyone else respawns in wilderness too.
(I'll setup a temp one where I'm working)

I prefer rope- you can hang steady and it feels like abseiling too.
GalaxyTreader

Post by GalaxyTreader »

I thought I'd join in the picture taking and have started my own scrapbook. These series of albums will showcase the various places I recommend others to check out on the server. The first volume is the nether edition, so just a short little one to see how everyone likes it. http://imgur.com/a/51h94#0 <<That's the URL :P
DiamondArms

Post by DiamondArms »

Oooh. Fancy. Will Volume 2 cover the overworld by region?
GalaxyTreader

Post by GalaxyTreader »

I'm thinking I'll divide the overworld into 3 parts: North Continent, Islands and South Continent.
EtherealWrath

Post by EtherealWrath »

Server Maps...
Spoiler
Show
Bio_Logisch

Post by Bio_Logisch »

EtherealWrath wrote:Server Maps...
Spoiler
Show
rofl

i should not have put the sign on
DiamondArms

Post by DiamondArms »

So, two bits of news.

First up, I've inherited Pittsburgh Federation. Teatime has moved out to start over. I'm not going to be doing much here, so anyone who wants to settle nearby is very free to do so. Benefits include many tunnels underground already being lit up.
However, I've also inherited Pittsburgh's Villagers, and I'm very happy with that. I've gone and moved them underground to a Marketplace I've built in the Sinkhole.
Say hello to Agares Marketplace
Show
Unfortunately we're out of Treaderheads to do the honorary burning with.
Agares Market is free for everyone to come trade with Villagers. I'm not going to hoard them or anything silly like that. Please treat the villagers nicely and be generous with any leftover materials you can't trade.
To get there, take the Pittsburgh Teleport from Spawn. Cross the netherbrick bridge and you should be in front of the Marketplace.

Second bit of news is a proposition. A serverwide public project, if you will.
I've figured out how to sort the 3 basic mobs, Zombies, Skeletons and Creepers.
With that, I've devised a means of farming music records. I've tested this in singleplayer, funneling skeletons and creepers into a shooting zone to get the discs with. I've come up with a mob sorter to achieve this.
Mob Sorter
So I can build a mob sorter and disc maker. Here comes the other part.
I need a supply of mobs.
That's pretty much the other hand. However, I'm also fully aware of how difficult a mobfarm can be.
So, it comes to this. I'm proposing a collaboration project for everyone on the server to participate in. The Great Disk Farm.

Details of the Project
I, Wirer, want to build a reliable means of getting music discs. However, I can't do it alone. I want help from Megachunk's residents to bring this together. I intend to fund as much of the project as I can, material-wise. Its still in the planning stages, but we have the materials to start when we can. We still need a location for it, however.

Breakdown of The Great Disk Farm
The Great Disk Farm Project has several sections. Some are large, some are smaller, and some even less than that but are still important. Here's the list
1) Disk Maker - This is the central part of the whole thing, and will be handled by myself mostly. Once we have a location, I can start working on getting it into place so everything else can start.
2) Mob Sorter - This part is slightly difficult, as I need to get a cow/pig/sheep and a cat into the machine. This will also likely be made by me and someone else to make sure it can fit with the mobfarm.
3) Mob farm/spawning area - This part is out of my league. I do machinery, not giant darkrooms full of evil beings. I will need lots of help to get this thing working. I have 18-21 stacks of vine traps in storage, so I can fund this section easily(I hope). This will be handled by anyone who can do mobfarms. Specifications include no spiders, no slimes and no endermen.
4) Collection system - This isn't your standard mobfarm. Its very likely I'm going to forgo skeleton and exp drops altogether and just collect from creepers and probably zombies(for their iron gear at least). I can do this section, but if anyone else wants to work on it I'm fine with that too. This is also so it clashes less with existing mobfarms on/in Megachunk. Its a disk farm, not an everythingfarm.
5) Lighting - Everyone knows Mobfarms work best when mobs can't spawn anywhere else. To that end, I intend to fund a large supply of torches, a glowstone beacon and a lapis beacon to the brave team willing to cover the surrounding area with light. You also get to keep any ores you find, as the location of the farm should be on public land.
6) Donations! - I'm not stupid enough to think I can fund all of this alone. I might not have enough lapis or glowstone to go full blown on the farm preparations. The mobfarm might also reach proportions exceeding my supply of vine traps(unlikely). General contributions like enchanted gear for the lighting team and Gold for a haste beacon to speed up construction are also very much welcome. You are free to bring along your own materials.

That's pretty much it. We do need to find a location first to plan out the project, which must be on public land so as to not conflict with any private property and their own mobfarms. I hope to see many of you participating!

This message has been brought to you by Tobukasai Shipwrightery: Ships don't build themselves
ryoloth

Post by ryoloth »

DiamondArms wrote:
Sounds great man :) as I was saying last night, I can help fund cobble for the trap, and I have gold for a 3rd tier beacon you can borrow. I'm not sure if I have enough lapis for a decent beacon, but I can definitely send over what I have.

with all that in mind, I'm still about 30 oby away from a 3rd tier beacon, so I will try and get on tonight and get it sent over
"we haven't had a fight since the last one" -Atold 2016
DiamondArms

Post by DiamondArms »

ryoloth wrote:
DiamondArms wrote:
Sounds great man :) as I was saying last night, I can help fund cobble for the trap, and I have gold for a 3rd tier beacon you can borrow. I'm not sure if I have enough lapis for a decent beacon, but I can definitely send over what I have.

with all that in mind, I'm still about 30 oby away from a 3rd tier beacon, so I will try and get on tonight and get it sent over
Noted. You might want to hold up on sending the materials over, as we don't have a construction site yet.
(although somewhere over the eastern sea sounds tempting at the moment, just so we don't have to light up the surface)
Braintree0173

Post by Braintree0173 »

I'm really interested in getting onto your server; I did the whitelist application on the website, but I figured perhaps I may get a quicker response on here.
IGN: Braintree0173
Experience with BTW: Played a long time ago before it was a total conversion, but recently got up to diamond tech level in a LAN world with my gf.
ryoloth

Post by ryoloth »

So I just wanted to hop on for a bit today and let you all know I'm still alive, despite my very rare appearances. School has been hell and we just started working out again for football :P things are starting to calm down again, so after my ACT tests coming up I should be back regularly :)

I also plan on finishing The Abyss here in the next month and a half/two months. so people will be able to come visit me again :)
"we haven't had a fight since the last one" -Atold 2016
Aradanwen II

Post by Aradanwen II »

Spoiler
Show
Spoiler
Show
IT HAS BEEN DONE,THE ROAD NOW CONNECTS TO CONSTELLA.
When do we hold The Grand Parade?
Steve learns the same way he learns everything else: via maddeningly painful bursts of possibly psychic, definitely psychotic inspiration.
GalaxyTreader

Post by GalaxyTreader »

A march to start off March! I'd say 10 PM GMT would probably be the best, I'd like some input.
GalaxyTreader

Post by GalaxyTreader »

for those who missed it, I will summarize the parade: Galaxy rode to the road junction on a fat steed, and hopped off to load the fireworks. A villager walked onto the detector and the fireworks went off early. Shame. I rode ahead on my trusty pig Wilbur and the group behind me led villagers on the road. We reached Aradgrad, and put all the villagers and Wilbur into the condoes. Then we proceeded to make it rain (arrows). Many fun times were had. Also the whole thing was hectic.
SerraNova

Post by SerraNova »

This is what those great folks who run our province have been doing for us lately:
Spoiler
Show
PK_420

How about a new map for Easter?

Post by PK_420 »

Hi fellow players!

We recently started thinking about creating a new map for Easter.

You'll find more information about this story [...]
Also we highly suggest that all our players give us their input on that idea by answering a simple poll [...]

Again, thanks for playing with us.
Your feedback is truly appreciated.
Last edited by PK_420 on Thu Apr 17, 2014 5:15 pm, edited 2 times in total.