General BTW "Let's Play"s thread

A place to talk to other users about the mod.
Sockthing

Re: General BTW "Let's Play"s thread

Post by Sockthing »

Mud wrote:7 episodes in now; your building habits are pretty ambitious! I'm also glad to see you trap animals once you've secured a location for your settlement. I do the same (despite being told it's unnecessary)
Yea I always have great plans, but never know if I finish them :P
I tend to keep animals in holes around my base until I got a building for them, since I don't want to get one from far away in a later stage of my world!
And thanks for watching my videos :)
Rob wrote:Sock-ilocks then tried the momma bear's pixel size and thought that it was just right.
BTW Community SMP Server: Discord | Sock's Crops: Thread
Rawny

Post by Rawny »

A friend and I just started a new multilayer co-op BTW series. Me... "live"... its weird.
Get both points of view simultaneously if you want by playing both videos side by side but make sure you mute one as the audio is out of sync because of VOIP latency.

Rawny's side
http://youtu.be/qYr6zY6IZyc
haphazardnuke wrote:"Quick and Easy" is incompatible with Better than Wolves. Try using the patch, "Sense of Accomplishment".
Kaitocain

Post by Kaitocain »

Just watched that Rawny and it was pretty good. The multiple video perspective was pretty awesome too, but a little jarring to get used to at the start.

I actually restarted my own series and am posting videos every tuesday and thursday (Monday night and Wednesday night EST) so enjoy!

An Unlucky Hat and The Spider That Follows.
Rawny

Post by Rawny »

Co-op Let's play part 2 has been posted. Same directions for dual watching.
Rawny's View
CmdrRipper's View *Note: No audio due to recording issues.

For easysauce but still not accurate...
YouTubeDoubler
haphazardnuke wrote:"Quick and Easy" is incompatible with Better than Wolves. Try using the patch, "Sense of Accomplishment".
HavokSCOUT

Post by HavokSCOUT »

So this Havok Scout person has a new BTW series up, Better Than Friends. You should watch it.
Better Than Friends Episode 1
Spoiler
Show
Brony, and proud of it
CheGiuAn wrote:ppl should have faith, not religion....
Katalliaan wrote:It's a tech shrub, more like
MagikEh wrote: D: THE SEEKRET OF SYRUPEY BEAVER NIPPLES HAS BEEN EXPOSED!!! ABORT~!~!
Mud

Post by Mud »

HavokSCOUT wrote:So this Havok Scout person has a new BTW series up, Better Than Friends. You should watch it.
Better Than Friends Episode 1
That was quite entertaining.
caveatEmptor

Post by caveatEmptor »

Haha, when you saw those zombies coming from behind you in the mine- "oh sweet jesus" :D Gotta block off those branches next time. Anyway you guys were pretty funny, hope more will come.
HavokSCOUT

Post by HavokSCOUT »

caveatEmptor wrote:Haha, when you saw those zombies coming from behind you in the mine- "oh sweet jesus" :D Gotta block off those branches next time. Anyway you guys were pretty funny, hope more will come.
Actually, I think they dropped in from the hole I made in the front entrance and forgot to patch up. Notice that one was holding some leather.
Spoiler
Show
Brony, and proud of it
CheGiuAn wrote:ppl should have faith, not religion....
Katalliaan wrote:It's a tech shrub, more like
MagikEh wrote: D: THE SEEKRET OF SYRUPEY BEAVER NIPPLES HAS BEEN EXPOSED!!! ABORT~!~!
Z_Evil

Post by Z_Evil »

I've been thinking of trying to start a lets play series... I noticed on youtube there really isn't much out there for it. Though I've never done a 'lets play' of anything, so it would be my first anything of that nature.
Rawny

Post by Rawny »

Co-op Let's play part 3 has been posted. Same directions for dual watching.
Rawny's View
CmdrRipper's View *Note: No audio due to recording issues, causing timing problems.

For easysauce but still not accurate...
YouTubeDoubler
Rawny

Post by Rawny »

Does anybody appreciate/want upload updates? Should I for some reason not post my ... posts?

Co-op Let's play part 4 has been posted. Same directions for dual watching.
Rawny's View
CmdrRipper's View *Note: No audio due to recording issues, causing timing problems.

For easysauce dual watching...
YouTubeDoubler
Mud

Post by Mud »

@Rawny I look forward to catching up on your Co-op LP.

@Sockthing 12 episodes in (yeah slowpoke me)... the fact that you haven't made a farm yet blows my mind! I've been playing this game wrong.
Sockthing

Post by Sockthing »

Mud wrote: @Sockthing 12 episodes in (yeah slowpoke me)... the fact that you haven't made a farm yet blows my mind! I've been playing this game wrong.
There is no wrong way! ;) and I guess I am just a slow player, ie less incentive to get further in the game, as I can stay alive somehow.

edit: fixed quote
Last edited by Sockthing on Tue Jan 28, 2014 12:21 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Rob wrote:Sock-ilocks then tried the momma bear's pixel size and thought that it was just right.
Mud

Post by Mud »

I've been playing BTW for over a year, and when HChunger was added I got it in my head that I needed to make crafting an Iron Hoe and starting a farm+chicken coop my top priority in a new world. Watching your LPs have shown me I can take it pretty easy and still not starve.

:edit: I just got to Ep 14; looks like it caught up with you. Haha.
Rawny

Post by Rawny »

Co-op Let's play part 5 has been posted. Same directions for dual watching.
Rawny's View

YouTubeDoubler
Rawny

Post by Rawny »

Co-op Let's play part 6 has been posted. Same directions for dual watching.
Rawny's View
CmdrRipper's View *Note: No audio due to recording issues, causing timing problems. Just two or three more of these then back to normal.

YouTubeDoubler
erikdk321

Post by erikdk321 »

Vioki and Charley are back!
Spoiler
Show
Stormweaver

Post by Stormweaver »

And the first Vioki ep of season two is up!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nv7CtM4eSMw

Go watch. They're awesome.
PatriotBob wrote:Damn it, I'm going to go eat pumpkin pie while I still think that it tastes good.
Rawny

Post by Rawny »

Co-op Let's play Day 07 has been posted. Same directions for dual watching.
Rawny's View
CmdrRipper's View *Note: No audio due to recording issues, causing timing problems. Just two or three more of these then back to normal.

Next episode NEW IMPROVED FORMAT!

YouTubeDoubler
Six

Post by Six »

Rawny wrote:Co-op Let's play Day 07 has been posted. Same directions for dual watching.
Rawny's View

Next episode NEW IMPROVED FORMAT!

YouTubeDoubler
Just wanted to say thanks for these, I've been really enjoying them. One experienced + one non-experienced BTW player always makes for great co-op.
Rawny

Post by Rawny »

Six wrote:Just wanted to say thanks for these, I've been really enjoying them. One experienced + one non-experienced BTW player always makes for great co-op.
Awesome to hear. thanks!
We've got eight episodes "out" (8th uploading now to be released tomorrow in a new viewing format which I hope gets positive feedback). We have about eight more already pre recorded that, looking back, would have liked to have done just a little differently. In the future were going to work hard on playing together more as it's not just the conversation that is the point of coop but the interaction and teamwork. The second will be answered with feedback on the new format, these upcoming videos weren't recorded with this format in mind, but it still works. More work in the long run but with, what I believe, a much better quality product. Let's just say it helped prompt me to upgrade my internet plan. I also have an other couple future plans too. I feel very confined and locked in a niche "market" but I really can't imagine playing anything else but BTW... why would anybody want to? ;)

That was an unexpectedly long blurb but there's no way I'm backspacing all that from my iPad.

Thanks again Six!
Rawny

Post by Rawny »

New episode posted with NEW AND IMPROVED FORMAT! Pls tell us what you think.

Co-op Let's play Day 08 has been posted. There are NO directions for dual watching!

No need for these but here you are.
Rawny's CHANNEL
CmdrRipper's CHANNEL

No link necessary for easysauce dual watching! It's now easier and better than easysauce!
Rawny

Post by Rawny »

Rawny wrote:New episode posted with NEW AND IMPROVED FORMAT! Pls tell us what you think.
Co-op Let's play Day 08 has been posted. There are NO directions for dual watching!
Got some feedback... What about this look? Video sizes would be inverted depending on who's video you're watching.
Spoiler
Show
Gunnerman21

Post by Gunnerman21 »

That new format is perfect Rawny :)
Spoiler
Show
I am... THE TAXI MAN.
Sockthing

Post by Sockthing »

Rawny wrote:What about this look? Video sizes would be inverted depending on who's video you're watching.
Spoiler
Show
I think this would even better than the one in episode 8 :)