Nighogg? BUY IT!

This forum is for anything that doesn't specifically have to do with Better Than Wolves
kregoth

Nighogg? BUY IT!

Post by kregoth »

It's been awhile since I played a game that I enjoyed this much. Nidhogg provides a fair and balanced system, but challenge's you while teaching you everything. The game seems hard as hell at first, because you'll be pushed back constantly and get frustrated, but you begin to pay attention, notice new things. Than you start pushing, and winning.... and even when you lose YOU WIN!

It's a game that basically rewards you, and never punishes you. Because no one wins the battle, only the worm :P It's a brilliant system, you never feel like you need to be better than the next opponent, you need to get past them dozens of times. but each push back and forth make each moment increasingly intense.

I am not going to teach anyone here how the game works, you need to learn it! I will say this though, it incredibly easy to understand once you figure it out but hard to master, and I guarantee a few of you will come back here and agree how damn amazing of a competitive/non competitive fighting game/man eating worm simulator it is.

Play this game regardless if you like fighters or not, I promise the gruelly none saving single player run through will have you laughing even when you... er loose? My first run was just over an hour. :) how long it take you for your first run?
FlowerChild wrote:My theory is that stupidity acts like an infectious organism on the net. Unless it's regularly pruned from your "garden", it will inevitably overwhelm it and kill off everything else.
Larmantine

Re: Nighogg? BUY IT!

Post by Larmantine »

Looks good, but meh, platformers are overpriced.
weldaSB wrote:Edit: grammer
jorgebonafe

Post by jorgebonafe »

This really reminds me of prince of persia... The first one, the 2d platformer. Its like a revamped and more challenging version of PoP's fighting system...
Better Than Wolves was borne of anal sex. True Story.
kregoth

Post by kregoth »

I figured I would explain a little bit of how fighting works, because your goal isn't fighting. It's a race, but it's still a fighting game. Once you kill your opponent, you need to race past him to get to the end of the level, doing whatever you can to bypass them. You always respawn, you never really die, you just get another chance to race/jump/punch/stab your way past the same guy.

It's great because the way it's mechanically made makes the winning player have to play very offensively sense it's time that's important, not kills! You're forced to deal with the situation, you have to get past a never ending stream of powerful fighters. The best part is, you get several chances sometimes 20-30 chances to kill the same opponent. It may sound odd, but it's the best way to make a continuously intense struggle. You get to learn about your opponents through fighting, do they throw their sword a lot? Do they prefer a high stance? Do they thrust to often? You figure it out every fight, making it a constant back and forth. And it all happens in under 10 minutes per match.

I am amazed by this game to be honest, It's my current favorite for 2014. So if you got it PM you steam name, love to play against people :)
FlowerChild wrote:My theory is that stupidity acts like an infectious organism on the net. Unless it's regularly pruned from your "garden", it will inevitably overwhelm it and kill off everything else.