Space Toad Is Back!

This forum is for anything that doesn't specifically have to do with Better Than Wolves
magikeh

Space Toad Is Back!

Post by magikeh »

He has announced his return to the BuildCraft!!
SpaceToad wrote:Dear all,

It’s been almost two years since I handed BuildCraft development over to the Minecraft modding community. The way things have been picked up after the initial contribution is truly amazing, and I’m extremely pleased to see contributions done by so many people. Big kudos to those that have managed to understand my completely undocumented and messy code, and ported it over massively distributive changes in Minecraft. Without the expertise and dedication of people such as CovertJaguar, SirSengir, Krapht, cpw and many others, BuildCraft would have surely fallen into the graveyard of abandoned mods.

As for me, these two years has given me a lot of time to progress on personal and professional projects. I initiated a personal standalone game project a couple of months ago, but as I was getting more and more into game development, I started to miss the good old Minecraft modding. And here I am.

I’m very happy to be announcing my return to the BuildCraft development team. I have lots of ideas for new features and systems in the mod. As many things have changed since I left, it will take some time to get back up to speed, so I will start by working on fixing bugs and maintaining the website. As a matter of fact, I started by transcribing the old BuildCraft player handbook to a wiki and update it with the latest changes. This is aimed at staying up-to-date as new releases of BuildCraft go.

Thanks again for being part of community built around BuildCraft, and stay tuned, there’s a lot more to come!

- SpaceToad
Source: http://www.mod-buildcraft.com/2014/01/0 ... the-scene/
Magical Shit
Show
Syruse|Work: i like magic shit
MagikEh: ...
MagikEh: >.>
MagikEh: <.<
»» MagikEh walks to the bathroom
Syruse|Work: hahaaaaaaaaa
Syruse|Work: wait
MagikEh: xD
Syruse|Work: fuck
Syruse|Work: NO
Syruse|Work: DONT
warmist

Re: Space Toad Is Back!

Post by warmist »

Wow a nice present for a new year :)
Stormweaver

Post by Stormweaver »

That is actually really good news.

It may actually have me playing a non-BTW install for minecraft at some point.
PatriotBob wrote:Damn it, I'm going to go eat pumpkin pie while I still think that it tastes good.
dawnraider

Post by dawnraider »

Wow. SpaceToad was one of the very few modders (FC and Azanor being the only others) that I actually have any faith in. It is good to see him come back.
Come join us on discord! https://discord.gg/fhMK5kx
Get the Deco Addon here!
Get the Better Terrain Addon here!
Get the Vanilla Mix TP here!
Get the Conquest TP here!
Sinornithosaurus

Post by Sinornithosaurus »

Wow. O.O

Certainly very good news.