mechanical speed

A place to talk to other users about the mod.
trainhighway

mechanical speed

Post by trainhighway »

I was thinking that the forms of getting power are very good and all but they all rune at the same speed and none of them change the running ability of items in the mod. But if some things went faster if provided with faster speeds then you could have more mechanical power providing devises. e.g. if a millstone was given more power then the rate at which it ground up items would be increased. a possible addition could be an over-shot water wheel that would run at a faster speed compered to a regular water wheel. some items might need to run at a specified speed or higher in order to operate. I would like to hear peoples ideas on this.
trainhighway

mechanical speed

Post by trainhighway »

I was also thinking that you could have gear boxes for speeds as well so that if you have a very fast moving power source a gear box for very slow moving power sources would break.
Gilberreke

Re: mechanical speed

Post by Gilberreke »

Trivial idea. Anyone that's played the mod for 10 minutes has that idea. I'm sure that if FlowerChild felt a need for it, he'd add it.
Come join us at Vioki's Discord! discord.gg/fhMK5kx
trainhighway

Post by trainhighway »

I see where your coming at but more ways to get power would be nice.
Crazylemon64

Post by Crazylemon64 »

The mod already has faster mechanical speeds: wind blows faster in storms, right?
Last edited by Crazylemon64 on Mon Dec 23, 2013 4:25 am, edited 1 time in total.
Gilberreke

Post by Gilberreke »

Crazylemon64 wrote:Well, the wind blows faster in storms, right?
We should probably stop posting in this thread. It's going to be locked and the user banned anyway. He basically broke like 5 rules.
Come join us at Vioki's Discord! discord.gg/fhMK5kx
trainhighway

Post by trainhighway »

Tell me what rules i have broken if you would be so kind?
eternal8phoenix

Post by eternal8phoenix »

Definitely rule #1.
Why?

This is a suggestion and as you can clearly see the suggestions forum has been locked down and closed off. This happened for many reasons. FC doesn't want to hear your ideas, because 99% of the ideas are either :stupid, blatantly obvious, impossible to implement given the mod is nearing completion, or just pointless.

This one almost certainly covers at least 2, while not providing much in the way of useful mechanics. It would just serve as an exercise in frustration, which doesn't make good gameplay.

For more information about why you shouldn't be suggesting new features, please see here viewtopic.php?f=10&t=7750
or here
viewtopic.php?f=14&t=7828