Launcher is closing when starting game

If you're having problems with your installation of Better Than Wolves, or if you've woken up in the future and are beginning to doubt the nature of reality, here's the place to post about it.
Shadowhawk36

Launcher is closing when starting game

Post by Shadowhawk36 »

When I press play on the launcher, the launcher just closes without anything happening. There is no error report. The launcher doesn't even change to the game. Instead, it just closes like it would when opening the game. Instead, nothing happens. I checked the Task Manager, and nothing is in processes or tasks.

Extra Information:
*This only happens exactly the same with my BTW profile. I have installed BTW correctly, as it's been running on this same profile without changes since the latest release. The only add-on I have is Six's BetterItemFrameMap mod.
*This happened within the month of December, can't quite remember exactly when, but somewhere around the 11th.
*My old launcher is working normally, so it's highly likely that it's not an installation problem.

Anybody know what's going on here? I'm going to download a new copy of the mod and try installing. Until then, please help!
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Re: Launcher is closing when starting game

Post by FlowerChild »

Shadowhawk36 wrote: ...so it's highly likely that it's not an installation problem....
Famous last words :)
Sarudak
Site Admin

Post by Sarudak »

At least he posted in tech support instead of bug reports. :P
Shadowhawk36

Post by Shadowhawk36 »

If you think I do not belong on these forums, then I won't argue.
Sarudak
Site Admin

Post by Sarudak »

That's not what he meant. Just the fact that given how many people play the mod when a couple people show up insisting they installed the mod correctly but it won't work for them. Well they almost invariably did something wrong.
Shadowhawk36

Post by Shadowhawk36 »

Okay, Phew XD I got so worried for a second there. I'll do an reinstallation and then retry the topic. Thanks Sarudak for clearing that up to me.
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Post by FlowerChild »

Make sure you install using the method for the new launcher (found on the wiki). The old method won't work.

And Sarudak is correct with the above. When someone says "I installed correctly", you can be pretty certain they didn't ;)

That assumption is pretty much what gets them into trouble every time.
Shadowhawk36

Post by Shadowhawk36 »

FlowerChild wrote:Make sure you install using the method for the new launcher (found on the wiki). The old method won't work.

And Sarudak is correct with the above. When someone says "I installed correctly", you can be pretty certain they didn't ;)

That assumption is pretty much what gets them into trouble every time.
The reinstallation worked but the reason I came here first is because it was working fine before. I have no idea what happened. Oh well, I know what to do next time before coming here. Thank you.