Friendly Coop BTW Server !

This is the place for SMP server threads, and for general server discussion.
DiamondArms

Re: Friendly Coop BTW Server !

Post by DiamondArms »

EtherealWrath wrote:Does anyone have any gold for sale?
(I'm as far as metal recycling, so I should be able to trade most things at/below this- except enderpearls and jungle stuff)
In other new I've started experimenting with our aquatic overlords, if I can get power out there theres a good chance for ink (and maybe scrolls)
If you can get respiration scrolls, I may be convinced to part with some of my shiny yellow butter. Ink I might trade for something else, as I might want to use my ink stash for certain dyeables.

either that or it's time to learn how to mix dandelion yellow and iron ingots. I'm very tempted to replace my yellow dye with gold leaf textures now.
Rob

Post by Rob »

Hey guys. I've been absent lately, enjoying some LoL. I'm going to try to play on the server for most of the day. Join me. :D

Edit1:
I added cobblestone to the roads to add more randomization to it. Also extended it a little.
Built a saw, thinking we didn't have one. Now we have two. lol
Put caps over the flowing water in the animal pen because it kept killing animals.
Bred animals, and culled the flock to increase food rations.
Updated the pen entrance with some oak wood to break up the solid plank look.
Started planting saplings amongst the stumps.
ryoloth

Post by ryoloth »

Rob wrote:Hey guys. I've been absent lately, enjoying some LoL. I'm going to try to play on the server for most of the day. Join me. :D

Edit1:
I added cobblestone to the roads to add more randomization to it. Also extended it a little.
Built a saw, thinking we didn't have one. Now we have two. lol
Put caps over the flowing water in the animal pen because it kept killing animals.
Bred animals, and culled the flock to increase food rations.
Updated the pen entrance with some oak wood to break up the solid plank look.
Started planting saplings amongst the stumps.
awesomeness :) i wont be able to get on this weekend, but there is a clearing above the animal pen, that is where im going to build the big tree so if you could leave that area be i would appreciate it :)
"we haven't had a fight since the last one" -Atold 2016
GalaxyTreader

Post by GalaxyTreader »

Rob wrote:Started planting saplings amongst the stumps.
no no no no...how will I slowly degrade your status into barbarians. Maybe you could eat a few babies..or burn down something.
Rob

Post by Rob »

GalaxyTreader wrote:<snip>...or burn down something.
Gimme a minute. I'll head over to Constaquara. :D
ryoloth

Post by ryoloth »

Rob wrote:
GalaxyTreader wrote:<snip>...or burn down something.
Gimme a minute. I'll head over to Constaquara. :D
rob, just remember, constaquara is our only ally at the moment... dont do anything that we will come to regret XD
JakeZKAM

Post by JakeZKAM »

Excuse me, real barbarians do not eat babies. They don't taste that good after all. Also I should be on for a couple hours at around noonish EST. Hopefully I'll see someone on :)

Edit: oh and to PK I'm sorry I haven't been on in so long, traveling and having connection issues :/ but if you still have my adventure map tucked away somewhere I managed to build a sorta entrance in the middle of the ocean :D let me know, if its not there anymore I can remake it. I have to remodel anyways :P

Edit 2: Pips, when we get a chance I'll try and get on at the same time as you and I can show you the battle layout of the fort and we can brainstorm :) I like what you did with the entrance tunnel, we need room form murder holes though hehehe. ;)
DiamondArms

Post by DiamondArms »

JakeZKAM wrote:Excuse me, real barbarians do not eat babies. They don't taste that good after all. Also I should be on for a couple hours at around noonish EST. Hopefully I'll see someone on :)

Edit: oh and to PK I'm sorry I haven't been on in so long, traveling and having connection issues :/ but if you still have my adventure map tucked away somewhere I managed to build a sorta entrance in the middle of the ocean :D let me know, if its not there anymore I can remake it. I have to remodel anyways :P

Edit 2: Pips, when we get a chance I'll try and get on at the same time as you and I can show you the battle layout of the fort and we can brainstorm :) I like what you did with the entrance tunnel, we need room form murder holes though hehehe. ;)
Great to hear you coming back. I still has the assassin's codex if you want it back.

Waffle, The ship's coming along nicely. I might need to get someone to help me clear the "scaffolds" I put up to smack things onto. And expand my building platform after this project.

If you plan to trap the entrance tunnel, I vote for lava-arrow dispensers. Those make for fun panic attacks.
ryoloth

Post by ryoloth »

rob... im sorry.. i tried making a forge... its a monstrosity..... oh but the good news is we have a crucible and a kiln now :)
JakeZKAM

Post by JakeZKAM »

DiamondArms wrote:
Great to hear you coming back. I still has the assassin's codex if you want it back.

Waffle, The ship's coming along nicely. I might need to get someone to help me clear the "scaffolds" I put up to smack things onto. And expand my building platform after this project.

If you plan to trap the entrance tunnel, I vote for lava-arrow dispensers. Those make for fun panic attacks.
Sure thing man, I need to do some re writing of the rules and possibly expand the game a bit :P. I'll also consider dispensers but I need to figure out if that's an appropriate tech level for my ickle barbarians :P I kinda want to be able to flood the corridor as well. Will think on it.
ryoloth

Post by ryoloth »

It seems the server is down
Edit: as well as the website
Edit2: never mind its back up :)
EtherealWrath

Post by EtherealWrath »

Today we mark the passing of our beloved friend- Shaun the Sheep.

He kept a careful watch over the river- guiding many lost souls back to civilisation,
and providing impartial advice on how he'd survived so much longer than many of us.

I had the fortune to meet him several times, and on each giving a small token
in exchange for a safe passage through the dark waters.
Phantom screams echo through the ruined facility
A horrible silence builds an eerie tranquility
The souls of many innocent fill the air
The hope they all died with scattered down there
PK_420

Post by PK_420 »

Hello there!
As some of you may have noticed, the server is having some troubles lately.
Unfortunately, the operating system drive failed earlier today,
I am currently doing my best, re-installing everything, Lucky I had backups.
The BTW server should be back online (if you can't reach it, MSG me), though I am having more issues with the web server...
I'll try to bring it back online ASAP, but I may need to restart the server at any time, I'll warn any connected players don't worry.

Sorry for the downtime.
Hope to see you online soon :)
GalaxyTreader

Post by GalaxyTreader »

After 3 months, Constaquara District is finished. All the essentials are there, crafting stations and farms. I invite people to come see it, and encourage people to use the mob farm and other devices.
I'll be stopping public projects for a while, it gets a bit time consuming at times and I have my own city to work on. If anyone wants to build at the capital, just find a nice spot and ask.
EtherealWrath

Post by EtherealWrath »

All this talk of barbarians in the north makes me wonder if undertaking such civil engineering projects is a wise idea?
Spoiler
Show
What would make decent looking wall panels?
I'm thinking sandstone (or whitestone if someone could donate a little)
I have about 3-4x this distance dug- Hammersley can't be too far off now?
In other news I have my own portal -not that I'm being antisocial- engineer's provocative.
(also heading through and forgetting something kinda sucks when its a half days walk back)
DiamondArms

Post by DiamondArms »

I have whitestone lying around in my storage boxes somewhere. Find me sometime and I can pass you some. I can always make more.

I suggest making rails/powered rails for your tunnel. rail transport is quite fast if you can spare the materials.
EtherealWrath

Post by EtherealWrath »

Cheers Diamond.

For now it'll just be foot traffic. (though I plan on adding signs giving the distance between portals)
Rails will be a long time coming- I haven't enough gold to hook my base up properly- let alone build 2 grinders and collect that much metal.
(I'll probably do a second tunnel for rails- pigmen can spawn in the foot tunnel)

Also does anyone have an automatic kiln I can borrow? (making several stacks of charcoal)

Edit- tunnel update: I think I see Hammersley across the way. These lava flows make it very interesting.
DiamondArms

Post by DiamondArms »

EtherealWrath wrote:Cheers Diamond.

For now it'll just be foot traffic. (though I plan on adding signs giving the distance between portals)
Rails will be a long time coming- I haven't enough gold to hook my base up properly- let alone build 2 grinders and collect that much metal.
(I'll probably do a second tunnel for rails- pigmen can spawn in the foot tunnel)

Also does anyone have an automatic kiln I can borrow? (making several stacks of charcoal)

Edit- tunnel update: I think I see Hammersley across the way. These lava flows make it very interesting.
I has a autokiln on Tobukasai. if you see me(Wirer) then ask me about it.
Treader should be able to supply some of the iron. he has a mobfarm. if he says no, head to Terrene and camp out. the mobfarm there isn't in use atm.
ryoloth

Post by ryoloth »

does any one know how to get to the vanilla chunk?
Rob

Post by Rob »

There is a teleporter on the spawn boat, Ryo.
ryoloth

Post by ryoloth »

hmm, i'll look again but i didnt see it there
Rob

Post by Rob »

I can't remember if it was up top or down below past the other teleporters.
GalaxyTreader

Post by GalaxyTreader »

If anyone needs wolves or wants to help, I've begun taming and killing the wolves in the forest north of the plains/ east of Rosewood. If you want somewhere to settle, once the wolves are gone I encourage you to go there. Lots of beautiful spots and tons of animals in the few spots without wolves.
DiamondArms

Post by DiamondArms »

ryoloth wrote:hmm, i'll look again but i didnt see it there
It's separated from the other TPs. It's in the cabin area instead of the hold.
ryoloth

Post by ryoloth »

*opens and closes mouth a few times* thanks rob, I seem to have forgotten about rolling high perception checks.. >.<