"Spiderbro" or "The spider that saved my life"

A place to talk to other users about the mod.
jakerman999

"Spiderbro" or "The spider that saved my life"

Post by jakerman999 »

I'm sure most of you are familiar with the greentext that's been floating around the internet for a couple years now, that talks about the spider who killed roaches, and attacked a burglar. I'm pretty sure that arachnid got reincarnated in my game of btw.

My latest spawn puts me right at the intersection of an extreme hills biome, and a swamp. The first bit of exposed rock I find is at the bottom of a cliff, and near both a coal vein and a tree in the water. Having just about everything needed for the first couple nights, I dig out a shelter and bunker down for the night.

3rd night, I poke my head out to slay a zombie that was trying to join me in my furnace warmed digout, when a hat with arms almost as long as Steve's reaches out from the water three blocks from my door. This is the point where I realize that the location I've picked to set up is in a very bad spot. But all hope is not lost. Just as I prep for take off and what I was sure to be another spawn (preparations here being akin to dying my wool britches a lovely shade of brown) I hear a "SKRICHEEKT" from above, followed by a great wad of web spat out onto my feet. Stuck as I was to the ground, the hatsie's flight plan cancelled, I closed my reservation with a couple of axe hits and went back inside.

Plans for the morning include expanding my homefront coastal region, which I will undertake as soon as I finish washing my pants.
EpicAaron

Re: "Spiderbro" or "The spider that saved my life"

Post by EpicAaron »

Mystery Meat is a delicacy among the creatures of the world. I'm sure the Hat would have helped you too if the situation was reversed. Mobs can be nice that way. :>
BTW Community Server Discord: https://discord.gg/arZpuYW
Spoiler
Show
jkievlan

Post by jkievlan »

I personally think Mystery Meat is delicious.
EpicAaron

Post by EpicAaron »

jkievlan wrote:I personally think Mystery Meat is delicious.
I feed it to my Uberdrasil. It would be unwise to selfishly keep it away from Uberdrasil.
BTW Community Server Discord: https://discord.gg/arZpuYW
Spoiler
Show
erikdk321

Post by erikdk321 »

I feed my sister my own flesh when she plays with me :)
It took her some time to realize that she was eating me, and now that she doesn't wanna eat that anymore, i feed her creeper balls. (im not in need for food, i just dont wanna be too nice to her >:3)
dawnraider

Post by dawnraider »

I actually really like this kind of emergent gameplay, as it shows a sort of competition between predators, which you could never see in vanilla. The environment in BTW is definitely way more interesting than vanilla just because things happen around you, and not everything revolves around things you do.
Come join us on discord! https://discord.gg/fhMK5kx
Get the Deco Addon here!
Get the Better Terrain Addon here!
Get the Vanilla Mix TP here!
Get the Conquest TP here!
ewsmith

Post by ewsmith »

dawnraider wrote:I actually really like this kind of emergent gameplay, as it shows a sort of competition between predators, which you could never see in vanilla. The environment in BTW is definitely way more interesting than vanilla just because things happen around you, and not everything revolves around things you do.
Don't forget about the cooperation. The spider/creeper combo has gotten me several times. Don't even get me started on the hats. I used to love building on water. Now the sight of a tiny pond freaks me out. And wolves. I don't need to say more. Hunger is the least of my problems.
nmarshall23

Post by nmarshall23 »

dawnraider wrote:I actually really like this kind of emergent gameplay, as it shows a sort of competition between predators, which you could never see in vanilla. The environment in BTW is definitely way more interesting than vanilla just because things happen around you, and not everything revolves around things you do.
The current emergent gameplay is awesome..

However, I would live it, if the mob's fought over who get's to dine on you..

Would remind me where I sit, on the food chain. Till I get armor and iron sword.
Ulfengaard wrote:BTW by FC: Fixing vanilla, one version at a time. :)