Candybox 2 (Javascript Game)

This forum is for anything that doesn't specifically have to do with Better Than Wolves
TheGuy

Candybox 2 (Javascript Game)

Post by TheGuy »

Gormador

Re: Candybox 2 (Javascript Game)

Post by Gormador »

TheGuy wrote:It's here.
http://candybox2.net/
I don't thank you for making me lose my time even more. But still, thank you.
FlowerChild wrote:If you have a suggestion, I recommend that it have pure manna from heaven flowing forth from its vagina to warrant posting it at this point in time.
BinoAl

Post by BinoAl »

Hah, I'm already enjoying this a LOT.
Spoiler
Show
I just got the stone thing from the cyclops, where it makes you do that weird tile puzzle. Would the other 2 stones just come from Hell and the Developer? I'm not near tough enough to fight them yet, I've just got enchanted Monkey staff, enchanted knight's armor, pink gloves, boots of introspection, and the Sorceress's Hat
Shinxy

Post by Shinxy »

BinoAl wrote:Hah, I'm already enjoying this a LOT.
Spoiler
Show
Yeah, that's where the last two stones are. Still trying to figure out a good strategy for taking them down, they're both tough cookies. On that note, anyone know what's behind the teapot? I don't feel like grinding it atm, busy working up candies for the scythe.
And thus, even more of my time is thrown away for candy and adventure, just like last time.
:V
ryoloth

Post by ryoloth »

hey look a three day weekend! ......... aaaaaaaaaaand its gone >.< this is a great game
"we haven't had a fight since the last one" -Atold 2016
Wafflewaffle

Post by Wafflewaffle »

Beat it! Really cool 6 hours distraction.
Oh great, now nothing can stop the inbred train

Paradox Interactive:
CHOO CHOO!
CrafterOfMines57

Post by CrafterOfMines57 »

Shinxy wrote:
Spoiler
Show
On that note, anyone know what's behind the teapot? I don't feel like grinding it atm, busy working up candies for the scythe.
Spoiler
Show
Yeah, when you destroy the teapot, you get a weapon called a Giant Spoon, it does 70 damage and attacks slowly
DiamondArms

Post by DiamondArms »

Having trouble passing the castle entrance. any strategies?
Wafflewaffle

Post by Wafflewaffle »

Lets just say facing them head on its not the best choice. Try a more indirect aproach ( it may involve rockets!)
Oh great, now nothing can stop the inbred train

Paradox Interactive:
CHOO CHOO!
Gilberreke

Post by Gilberreke »

I just went head on just fine. Actually, I found the castle entrance to be easy. I was wondering why, since the wiki mentions it to be the first really hard level.
Come join us at Vioki's Discord! discord.gg/fhMK5kx
CrafterOfMines57

Post by CrafterOfMines57 »

DiamondArms wrote:Having trouble passing the castle entrance. any strategies?
I passed it my first time without killing a single horseman, there's an item you get in the ocean that can help with that.
DiamondArms

Post by DiamondArms »

My current Strategy is Squeeze, Fireball(with red fin) and health potions.

Current Eqs are Crown with Jaspers, enchanted monkey staff, pink gloves, light armor and leather boots.

Furthest I got was just past the wall, then I got swarmed. Squeeze doesn't stop them from attacking you.
ExpHP

Post by ExpHP »

DiamondArms wrote:Having trouble passing the castle entrance. any strategies?
Spoiler
Show
You want to know the reason why the turtoise really beat the hare?

>_>
<_<

Because the Hare didn't have a nice turtle shell to protect him when a thousand guards came and attacked with swords.
DiamondArms

Post by DiamondArms »

ExpHP wrote:
Spoiler
Show
You want to know the reason why the turtoise really beat the hare?

>_>
<_<

Because the Hare didn't have a nice turtle shell to protect him when a thousand guards came and attacked with swords.
Spoiler
Show
Figured Turtling might be part of the plan. Unfortunately I suck at balancing the use of health potions and turtles. Even with turtling the swarm at the gate still kills me.
ExpHP

Post by ExpHP »

DiamondArms wrote:
Spoiler
Show
Figured Turtling might be part of the plan. Unfortunately I suck at balancing the use of health potions and turtles. Even with turtling the swarm at the gate still kills me.
Spoiler
Show
I didn't use any health potions there, only Turtle potions. Do be careful about drinking one when you haven't turned back to a human, because it won't have any effect and you might not be able to use another in time.

If you're making it very close to the end, I'd eat more candies and keep trying. Believe me, once you beat this level just once, you'll never have trouble beating it again thanks to the armor they drop.

Also, I should probably point out that I was wearing two magical pieces of offensive equipment from the cave.
Gilberreke

Post by Gilberreke »

for the people having trouble, you do realize that eating candy can increase your HP tenfold or so?
Come join us at Vioki's Discord! discord.gg/fhMK5kx
DiamondArms

Post by DiamondArms »

ExpHP wrote:
Spoiler
Show
I didn't use any health potions there, only Turtle potions. Do be careful about drinking one when you haven't turned back to a human, because it won't have any effect and you might not be able to use another in time.

If you're making it very close to the end, I'd eat more candies and keep trying. Believe me, once you beat this level just once, you'll never have trouble beating it again thanks to the armor they drop.

Also, I should probably point out that I was wearing two magical pieces of offensive equipment from the cave.
Apparently I'm an idiot. I've been playing until now with only 100 health. Thanks for the advice.
Crazylemon64

Post by Crazylemon64 »

I've gotten really far, but the save button hasn't worked correctly for me, as in it appears as a button, but trying to click it produces no visual effect, and refreshing simply wipes my save to square 0. Any tips?
darahalian

Post by darahalian »

Crazylemon64 wrote:I've gotten really far, but the save button hasn't worked correctly for me, as in it appears as a button, but trying to click it produces no visual effect, and refreshing simply wipes my save to square 0. Any tips?
Click on the links on the save page, for whichever slot you saved on, e.g. http://candybox2.net/?slot=1

That should load that slot, and then reloading that page will also load the slot.
FlowerChild wrote:Remain ever vigilant against the groth menace my friends. Early detection is crucial in avoiding a full-blown groth epidemic.
userzero

Post by userzero »

Crazylemon64 wrote:I've gotten really far, but the save button hasn't worked correctly for me, as in it appears as a button, but trying to click it produces no visual effect, and refreshing simply wipes my save to square 0. Any tips?
You can just edit everything by saving as text and then pasting it into the load box. It's all in plain text so you can set the values to anything you like. 10 billion candies no problem, already dead developer no problem.
TheGatesofLogic

Post by TheGatesofLogic »

yup, the save button doesn't give a visual effect, but after you are reset and once you get back to having the save option again you can load your save from there
Two feet standing on a principle
Two hands longing for each others warmth
Cold smoke seeping out of colder throats
Darkness falling, leaves nowhere to go
LJEKadeshi

Post by LJEKadeshi »

Actually I would recommend bookmarking the page after you setup a save just because I prefer not having to wait 5 or so minutes to get into my game; I know it's only 5 minutes but it's still nice.
Spoiler
Show
Those having any trouble I recommend finding the black grimoire it gives you a really good spell if you have a lot of health.
Spoiler
Show
The grimoire is in the hole