Better With Friends! (4.899) [APPLICATIONS CLOSED]

This is the place for SMP server threads, and for general server discussion.
JuanXo_

Better With Friends! (4.899) [APPLICATIONS CLOSED]

Post by JuanXo_ »

Hi guys!

I present you all a new SMP Better Than Wolves Server!
Better With Friends

----------------------------------------------------------------------------
SERVER START
Sunday 27th of October at 11:00 A.M. (GMT+1)

Timezone: GMT+1 Madrid (Spain)

Server INFO:

All hardcore stuff is enabled.

Rules:
1. Don't cheat.
2. Don't grief.
3. Just use your common sense and don't be an idiot...

ServerIP: 82.96.119.75:25665

How to apply: APPLICATIONS CLOSED
Spoiler
Show
Answer the post with the following format:
1. IGN
2. Age
3. Experience with BTW
4. Why do you want to join
Last edited by JuanXo_ on Sat Oct 26, 2013 3:52 am, edited 16 times in total.
NINJA KO NO KOKORO
Gilberreke

Re: Better With Friends! A new SMP server! (4.899)

Post by Gilberreke »

Oooh, a new server and in my timezone. I might be interested, but I don't know if I have the time to invest. I'll let you know as soon as possible. In any case:

1. IGN: Gilberreke
2. Age: 27
3. Experience: Well, uh, I've been at it for more than 2 years or whatever it is, but I haven't played the full tech tree for a while.
4. Reason: I'm looking for a server where people are starting fresh mainly, but the fact that you're in the same timezone as me is also a bonus. Also, I like small servers, too many players is not my thing.
Come join us at Vioki's Discord! discord.gg/fhMK5kx
JuanXo_

Post by JuanXo_ »

Welcome Gilberreke!

The map is 100% fresh and new.

You can start playing if you want to or wait until we gather a few more people and start all together.
NINJA KO NO KOKORO
JesterxMailMan89

Post by JesterxMailMan89 »

And just when I got some more free time, awesome :)

IGN: JesterMailMan
Experience: Been playing since version 3.4, bout a year and a half now I believe. Played through whole tech tree a couple times since the recent early game changes
Reasons to Join: Recently have gotten more free time and have gotten back into MC in general. Would love to start fresh with a small server
JuanXo_

Post by JuanXo_ »

Welcome JesterMailMan!

I tell you the same thing, you can join already or wait until we get the group and start all together.
NINJA KO NO KOKORO
Gilberreke

Post by Gilberreke »

JuanXo_ wrote:You can start playing if you want to or wait until we gather a few more people and start all together.
Great! :)

I'll wait until we have a group then. I just got word that I have to take the week off, so it might be a good starting point.
AddyBaha

Post by AddyBaha »

Hi

1. AddyBaha
2. 24 years
3. I'm playing BTW for about a year or so, before HC-Spawn the best I build was a (nearly) fully automated sfs-farick in the nether in the nether only depanding on clay, in new world started after HC-headwear I'm about to enter the nether
4. playing alone got realy boring and most off the other serers out there are already to developed for m taste (don't want to start a base 1000 or more blocks from spawn or suffer from the lack of wild life on old servers),
also the time zone is the same as in germany
MagikEh wrote:Placent Placenta Placenta! It's like beetle juice right?
JuanXo_

Post by JuanXo_ »

Welcome AddyBaha!

We will start playing this weekend.

Maybe we can start looking for a day/hour that fits most of us.

On friday I could start playing from 17:00. Saturday and Sunday any hour fits me ok. What about you guys?
NINJA KO NO KOKORO
Fret

Post by Fret »

Oh wow this seems too good to be true. I just decided that i wanted to start over with the new temples, witch huts and upcoming villagers. My old server died and single player doesnt do the job.

1. Habsnorre
2. 22
3. Playings since the btw port to mc 1.3 or 1.4. Not sure to be honoust. I'm experienced with basically everything in the mod except the late late game and the complicated builds. Do have loads of experience with he hardcore early game.
4. My old multiplayer server has completely died, except for some Americans, but they play at other times (I'm also gmt+1, Netherlands). Also aanted to start fresh. But what attracts me most is the idea of a small dedicated server, especially with fellow Europeans :) In large servers most of the time you play with play with people you dony know that are 10k blocks away. Basically the same idea as singleplayer. So yeah I would be really pleased if I could join the server

Posted this with my mobile, so sorry for annoying typos/formattint, but only one spot left right. Had to be quick.

If I can join I would like you all to consider waiting with exploring for villages until FC released the new villager trading system.
AddyBaha

Post by AddyBaha »

JuanXo_ wrote:
We will start playing this weekend.

Maybe we can start looking for a day/hour that fits most of us.
Let's see I can play Friday till 16:00, saturday till 15:00 and from about 21:30 and sunday looks completly clear (until now) - so my vote would be saturday morning/noon
MagikEh wrote:Placent Placenta Placenta! It's like beetle juice right?
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Post by FlowerChild »

Pro-tip guys: timezones exist :)
JesterxMailMan89

As of now, I am completely free Friday through Sunday. Im not in the same timezone as you guys but 17:00 for you guys is ok for me. Ill be lookin forward to this weekend :)
JuanXo_

Post by JuanXo_ »

FlowerChild wrote:Pro-tip guys: timezones exist :)
I am always talking about GMT +1 time :)

JesterxMailMan89 wrote:As of now, I am completely free Friday through Sunday. Im not in the same timezone as you guys but 17:00 for you guys is ok for me. Ill be lookin forward to this weekend :)
What time zone are you in?
Last edited by JuanXo_ on Tue Oct 22, 2013 2:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
NINJA KO NO KOKORO
JuanXo_

Post by JuanXo_ »

Welcome Habsnorre!

Later in the day I will white-list you.

As of now I think we will only accept one more player.

Btw, im editing the first post with our posible play time to try and fit as many as we can.
NINJA KO NO KOKORO
JesterxMailMan89

JuanXo_ wrote:What time zone are you in?
PST (PDT?). 17:00 for you guys would be 8:00 for me, so its a substantial difference, but not bad enough that I would have to miss important events :) Ill be checking times as you guys decide what ya want to do, but I should be free all weekend like I said so it shouldnt be a big worry.
JuanXo_

Post by JuanXo_ »

JesterxMailMan89 wrote:PST (PDT?). 17:00 for you guys would be 8:00 for me, so its a substantial difference, but not bad enough that I would have to miss important events :) Ill be checking times as you guys decide what ya want to do, but I should be free all weekend like I said so it shouldnt be a big worry.
You are in GMT -8 then :)

I can't wait to start already.
I think ill reset the world completely before we start. So don't expect to have your progress saved if you play before the weekend... sorry if someone has already played...
NINJA KO NO KOKORO
normalstan

Post by normalstan »

Hey this sounds cool! A server in my timezone, i am GMT (Ireland)

1. IGN: Normalstan
2. Age: 32
3. Experience: Being playing for nearly 2 years (on and off), really love the early game changes but haven't gone near the late late game tech tree in a while now, i'm not great with redstone but have managed to make a few automated contraptions in my time with the mod.
4: More or less the same reasons as everyone else, getting tired of playing solo and have always wanted to start in a server from the beginning, plus this is in my timezone (or very close at least!). I should be free most evenings during the week and at least one day over the weekends, hope you include me in this, would be great, if not then no worries!
JuanXo_

Post by JuanXo_ »

Welcome aboard Normalstan!

Please let me know when will you be available this weekend to try and start all together.
NINJA KO NO KOKORO
Gilberreke

Re: Better With Friends! A new SMP server! (4.899) CLOSED

Post by Gilberreke »

I always have problems planning hours ahead of time, as I tend to have busy weekends. I usually try to take Sundays off, I usually have Saturday afternoons off and I usually am out and about on Friday and Saturday night. What I suggest is you guys decide on a moment and I'll let you know if I can make it :). I'm pretty flexible for stuff like this, so I can plan my weekend around it.
normalstan

Post by normalstan »

JuanXo_ wrote:Welcome aboard Normalstan!

Please let me know when will you be available this weekend to try and start all together.
Thanks Juan! My schedule can be different every week, normally i should be free fridays (17.30GMT+1 onwards) for the evening until i go out, saturday usually all day (once i've awoken from the hangover :p 12.00~ish GMT+1) for the day and sundays earlier again, usually all day, unless i have music practice. Plus i am free some week day evenings, mainly monday and wednesdays ( again after 17.30 GMT+1). Anytime i can't make it i will post here to let you know... really looking forward to this now, just hope i'm not the first to die xD
JuanXo_

Post by JuanXo_ »

Looks like Sunday is the best day for all of us. I suggest Sunday at 11:00 GMT +1.
Another option could be any time later on Sunday, just let me know what we preffer so we can all agree with the time.
NINJA KO NO KOKORO
Gilberreke

Post by Gilberreke »

JuanXo_ wrote:Looks like Sunday is the best day for all of us. I suggest Sunday at 11:00 GMT +1.
Another option could be any time later on Sunday, just let me know what we preffer so we can all agree with the time.
Sounds reasonable to me. Are we doing the Skype thing too or are we just going chat?
JesterxMailMan89

Looks like I'll be pullin an all nighter then, gonna be worth it though :) Looks like I'm gonna be a night owl on the server.

I'd be down for Skype, but I wouldn't be able to talk with ya guys. Would be early mornin here and I got people who wouldn't appreciate the ruckus ;) But I'd at least be able to listen in.
Fret

Post by Fret »

My scedule is mostly free this weekend. Also am totally down for skype (or teamspeak or whatever).
JuanXo_

Post by JuanXo_ »

Ok, so its final.

SERVER START
Sunday 27th of October at 11:00 A.M. (GMT+1)

What platform are we going to use to talk?
NINJA KO NO KOKORO