fireworks as signals

A place to talk to other users about the mod.
WeedFather

fireworks as signals

Post by WeedFather »

So, I was wondering, has anyone found a use for fireworks yet? Because I've been watching Attack on Titan lately, and I also was playing around with fireworks in the game with my baby sister one day. I then decided to make a green firework that made a creeper face pattern when it blew up, and then it hit me: What if, when playing multiplayer, players used different color fireworks as flairs and signals?

Now I don't play multiplayer on a regular basis myself, but maybe it is something worth trying maybe? Just for the fun of it. I know there's already world chat and all, but maybe just for the immersion or challenge. It would be more effective if only local chat was allowed on some servers.

Also, I noticed that fireworks don't really have a use as far as I know of, but I figured that they were another one of those useless but kind of neat things that Mojang like to shoehorn into the game. Note that this is not a suggestion. What I meant to say was, has anyone tried this yet?
Six

Re: fireworks as signals

Post by Six »

I've considered setting up a launcher tied to a detector for scroll drops in my mob trap, but between wondering what the draw / sound distance was on the firework explosions and actually looking up the recipes, I decided not to bother. It would be a way to use up those stray mob heads though.
SterlingRed

Post by SterlingRed »

Six wrote:I've considered setting up a launcher tied to a detector for scroll drops in my mob trap, but between wondering what the draw / sound distance was on the firework explosions and actually looking up the recipes, I decided not to bother. It would be a way to use up those stray mob heads though.
LOL I once considered doing the same but for when wolves poo. Never got around to it.
Hipnos

Post by Hipnos »

Not used fireworks yet but this has given me an idea for Hardcore Spawn...
Hmmm, lenses, stakes and string, fireworks. Could make for an interesting challenge and a rewarding return home.
Ingenious Mekanism

Post by Ingenious Mekanism »

A fellow AoT watcher!

That would be an amazing idea, but they can't really be moved around, so it would only really work in guard towers or if they were connected in series so that when one fired, it chained to the next then the next and so on, until you found your home or saw where the threat was coming from...

maybe a perimeter tripwire with dispensers hooked up so that if any mobs were approaching the wall could work.
Oh how I wish there was a flare gun in vMC/BtW but I'll make do with what we've got :(.
Tick tock, goes the clock.
Tick tock, hold that thought.
Tick tock, out of time.
Tick tock, end the rhyme.
milkmandan

Post by milkmandan »

If you set it up on a fairly long timer, shooting off fireworks every minute or so, might work for a way to make a respawn base more noticeable in a rugged biome (assuming it's one that's not loaded regularly). That said, the time it would take to build you could probably build a tower way up in the sky that'd be as visible and visible more that just once a minute but far cheaper.
FlowerChild wrote:
Ribky wrote:What did you do with bonemeal? And can I mix it with clay and smear it on myself for instant growth?
You'll be receiving an email soon with instructions on how to order my patented instant growth formula.
Gilberreke

Post by Gilberreke »

I like the idea of having a series of towers with connected lenses. Haven't figured out what that would be useful for, but still.

Then again, that wouldn't work due to chunks unloading :(
Come join us at Vioki's Discord! discord.gg/fhMK5kx