Leviathan (Biomes O' Plenty) Better Than Solo [CLOSED]

This is the place for SMP server threads, and for general server discussion.
Fret

Re: Leviathan (Biomes O' Plenty) Better Than Solo [BTW 4..89

Post by Fret »

Thanks Ehsan, that works
andreinawolf

Post by andreinawolf »

FYI: viewtopic.php?f=13&t=6122&p=133321#p133321

The IP changes shouldn't take down the server now.
razar51

Post by razar51 »

Pfilson wrote:
Rianaru wrote:
maxsi wrote:the end has no dragon and no way out as well. that is the status of the end
Is there a plan to remedy this?
Deleting the end map and letting it recreate itself may be the only fix without some form of dragon spawn command..
if the end dragon wont spawn, can't we just make an obby beacon and use ender chest to transfer items back and forth to the normal world? and when we need to leave throw our stuff in that chest and die?

*edit* I'm currently working on this. I'm just gonna make it a lvl 3 beacon in the end, so shared inventory ftw.

*edit2* Done building a lvl 3 obsidian beacon in the end.
Last edited by razar51 on Sun Oct 06, 2013 11:46 pm, edited 2 times in total.
ehsanmp

Post by ehsanmp »

IT'S ALIVE!
horstdog

Post by horstdog »

I know a few suggestions have been put forth regarding the End.

One I have not seen yet is to use a portal block. Item ID=90
give <playername> <item> [amount]

I tested this in my single player world and it works but I had to do the following:

1-After going through the portal in the End you need to log off and then log back in. I don’t know why but it doesn’t place you in the nether until you do this.
2-Make sure there is a safe platform in the nether as it drops you in without creating a nether portal/platform. This only needs to be done once as it always sends you to the same location.

If MCedit works to give us an exit portal, great. If not this method will also work to get us out of the End without killing ourselves.
ehsanmp

Post by ehsanmp »

Lol what up people. So the server died. This I already knew. What I want to know, is how everyone is doing?

Is the Boston Massive having fun?

Did Murillo ever get out of Erfurt?

Has Arad automated anything yet?

Nazo, Aboot, como são meus irmãos portugueses?

Best wishes to all the people who played on the Better than Solo servers!
murillokb

Post by murillokb »

ehsanmp wrote: Did Murillo ever get out of Erfurt?
Hi Ehsan! Ich freue mich, dass du mich nicht vergessen hat :D

Yes i've got out of Thüringen and i'm finally living in Hamburg <dances>

But i still have no decent computer to play (the server is dead anyway)

*moments of trilingual mindfuck*

Nazo and me are Brazilians, only Aboot is Portuguese xD
also you should write "vão" not "são" lol

and yourself, good sir? how are you doing? Best wishes to you too and to all the friends who played on BTS :D
ehsanmp

Post by ehsanmp »

Haha I guess I meant to say Portuguese speaking, but it was slightly beyond me! I can hardly work with it at all, and Naz never really explained the key differences between Portuguese and Brazillian Portuguese to me! what is the difference between Vao and Sao?

Maaan, Hamburgerinnen sind der Hammer, ich bin so verdammt niedisch auf du! Studierst du noch, oder hast du Arbeit in Hamburg angenommen?

Yeah by not having a computer you may have missed the tragic demise of the server. It's just been Horstdog signing in and out again, stats are down, which means Andre must have dropped out, but Life still has the server running on his system. I may be speaking out of turn but I think most of our collective seems to have lost interest in BTW.

And in regards to languages, I'm currently listening to some Pimsleur audio tapes on Turkish. Either it will help me in Turkey or Berlin, I don't particularly mind lol!
Other than that, mostly been working or playing Pokemon Liquid Crystal on an android emulator, gaming is mostly gone by the wayside for me!
murillokb

Post by murillokb »

LoL i've been playing lots of pokemon X myself

i knew i was going to cause a confusion with the portuguese thing. i'll keep it short and just say that "how are you?" makes no sense in portuguese, we say something like "how go you?" lol. So "are" = "são" and "go" = "vai", in plural "vão"

... i hope i dind't make things more confusing now haha

and yes, i'm still stuDYING :(

also, ich wohne mit meiner Freundin, weiss du? Es ist besser, wenn ich nicht über die Hamburgerinnen spreche lololol

I'm going to demand a TS server for the next BTW server u.u just because it's annoying to have to post on forums just to check on people :/ and IRC doesn't count xD

Ok, time to clean the house... because, you know... i have no job lol
Ethinolicbob

Post by Ethinolicbob »

No call out for me? Where is the love Ehsan? Where is the Love?
Yeah since Andre has been gone lots of things stopped working on the Ivalice Server due to his mod not being updated, like access to nether chests etc so I had no reason to come online.
All the survival changes to BTW have done little for me. My love is still for the technical challenges I put to myself.
I haven't found that all the survival challenges have made the game much harder but none of my friends agree with me and stopped playing as they found it too tedious for casual play.
So I end up playing solo :(

On the RL side: slightly less than 2 weeks until the due date of the birth of my daughter!
Hopefully I will still catch you and everyone else around eh
ehsanmp

Post by ehsanmp »

Haha Eth you haven't been on in a very long time! There is plenty love for you. Also thanks to your pointers with your hearing aid work, I'm soon to be the owner of 200ml of Dreve Biopor Silicone, an extruder, a pressure pot and various other cool shit. First step, perfect earplugs, then earphone sleeves, then full IEMs.

Yeah I'm finding it the same. I found myself dependent on my group to provide resources so I could continue to build shit. Without them, I wouldn't have even made it that far. Then FC changed Soul urn filling just as I started building one of those, so there is a great pit at our base. I don't think my team will be back so I have also shelved BTW and MC for a bit.

Your friends are still pretty hardcore, my only IRL BTW buddy quit back when Hardcore hunger was added. Luckily I still had Ivalice.

And OMG that is incredible! I guess you must be being ultravigilant at the moment, due dates are rarely exactly as predicted.
Defintely keep us updated on that!
Ethinolicbob

Post by Ethinolicbob »

Yeah I am trying to keep my phone charged and on me at all times as I know I can get that call at any moment.

Yeah I hope that Ivalice will be restored to its former glory because I would like to come back and pick up where I left off.

At the moment I have BTW shelved and am playing around with Thaumcraft 4 on my private server with my wife and another friend of mine. Quite enjoying it. Shame that the mod didn't go BTW way as I am pretty sure it would benefit from lots of vanilla stuff getting ripped out. So many redundant features. I try to ignore things like the vanilla hopper because it is a cheap way to bypass the golem technology for item transfer.

Mostly its life as usual, up to that call that is.

What else has been up with you?
OlbaiD

Post by OlbaiD »

Hey all :)

Long time no see (in the server). I havent played BTW in months ?.... still i joined Ivalice some days ago for an hour or so, it felt good, i also remember playing with Kai on 1 night (here) in her day off work XD

Nice to hear boot you, ehsan, the fantastic four never played together again.... :( Also it seems we infected you, since youre becoming half-portuguese LOL (or half-brazilian but thats not my fault XD) Continua a treinar o teu português :)

So... i've been more busy IRL, also im waiting for a little tiny change in my life, a good change, that i dont wanna talk about it right now, but it does have kept me even more busy....

Still, i hope be playing BTW with you (all) again... one day... in the future....

Good luck with everything, almost father Eth :)

Aboot
tyr116

Post by tyr116 »

It keeps saying Unknown host : server.betterthansolo.com PLZ HELP :P

PS
Hey andre and ehsan!
horstdog

Post by horstdog »

Hey tyr

This works
96.250.48.56:25567
myrkana

Post by myrkana »

what ever happened? did life and andre decide to stop the servers?
Rawr :D
Ethinolicbob

Post by Ethinolicbob »

I think Andre is busy with RL and what has probably happened is Life's DNS has not updated his IP.
Did you try the address that horstdog posted?
tyr116

Post by tyr116 »

It's good, working :D

Edit: WTF ARE THESE BLACK WOLVES?! I haven't been on btw in months >.>
murillokb

Post by murillokb »

So the server is on but the End problem is not solved? What about a new world? :P

if the server is ending because of the end (pun intended) a new one should be created.

Also, the server is missing some 9's
myrkana

Post by myrkana »

dont think we can upgrade the server because of BOP being discontinued can we?
EpicAaron

Post by EpicAaron »

We also have a ton of work invested into that server. I don't think I want to go through building another Nether Science Institute and Uberdrasil Temple.

Damn those silly ghasts!
BTW Community Server Discord: https://discord.gg/arZpuYW
Spoiler
Show
aJaroOllie

Post by aJaroOllie »

I think what will happen is if we updated without BoP, is that the old biome map will take over and so different biomes will overlay the current ones, so something formerly in a desert might become plains or something. It wouldn't lead to too much trouble though (unless some areas become jungles...).
IGN: Matthew_OJ
myrkana

Post by myrkana »

aJaroOllie wrote:I think what will happen is if we updated without BoP, is that the old biome map will take over and so different biomes will overlay the current ones, so something formerly in a desert might become plains or something. It wouldn't lead to too much trouble though (unless some areas become jungles...).
it'd make me sad tho :/ the entire reason i play on this server is because of the biomes, when BOP got shut down it made me sad, the biomes are awesome and gave me a reason to explore past the need for a certain biome for one item :-p
Pfilson

Post by Pfilson »

myrkana wrote: it'd make me sad tho :/ the entire reason i play on this server is because of the biomes, when BOP got shut down it made me sad, the biomes are awesome and gave me a reason to explore past the need for a certain biome for one item :-p
Maybe when BTW is finalized FC will be more open to mods and someone can pick it up. I agree that BoP added a nice variety to the landscape that made exploring the surface as enjoyable as exploring the caves. And adding a variety of locations to setup your base in.

That being said BoP needs a fair amount of changing/fixing to work with BTW as it is. The best example of this is that vanilla biomes are not included/active this means no witch huts and probably no temples (I haven't looked into that part) in a BoP world. Main point being that as it is BoP needs a bit more than being updated to the latest version to preserve the balance of BTW.
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Post by FlowerChild »

Pfilson wrote: Maybe when BTW is finalized FC will be more open to mods and someone can pick it up.
I don't want to let anyone get their hopes up there man. It should be expected that I will not authorize such a thing.

If someone were to design a biome add-on from the ground up that was designed to integrate specifically with BTW's gameplay, I would likely support that if I trusted whomever was in charge, but that was never the case with BoP. It was a quick port of a Forge mod.