Assaulting the End

A place to talk to other users about the mod.
JakeZKAM

Assaulting the End

Post by JakeZKAM »

My recent nether trip was a success and I am very close now to getting to the End. I still have a few things of gear to make/enchant, and some stuff I want to build first but for the first time ever in the few years I've been playing Minecraft I'm going to kill me a dragon, and I am extremely excited :). So just a thank you to FC for making such a satisfying total conversion with a ton of more content for us to explore after the End.

Oh and as a side note I haven't even found any domesticated crops yet nor have I really felt the need to. FC was right you really don't need wheat :P (Although I think I'll try and get some before the attack.)
Taleric

Re: Assaulting the End

Post by Taleric »

My end assault has been pushed far back since the recent automation changes. I prefer to have the entire spawn area scouted, markers placed, grinder built, potions up ect. before I go.

Since SFS was pushed back I have had some really creative and enjoyable play.

I have never beat the end on the first shot in BTW :P
VegasGoat

Post by VegasGoat »

I'm really afraid of going to the end. I have no idea what to expect, other than knowing there's a big bad dragon there and a whole lot of endermen. So I'm going to try and be as ready as possible, knowing that I'll most likely die the first few times. It's going to be a while, as I have to find a brewing stand, get a netherwart farm going for potions, and make roads and markers all over the spawn area for those deaths. Not to mention working on my fall trap which will hopefully provide enough pearls to get to the end in the first place, as fighting endermen has not been a successful venture for me.

I love that there's a progression here, and a reward for beating the dragon (SFS and awesome automation stuff).
jkievlan

Post by jkievlan »

VegasGoat wrote:I'm really afraid of going to the end. I have no idea what to expect, other than knowing there's a big bad dragon there and a whole lot of endermen.
It's not especially hard. I went there shortly after the changes to SFS using this gear, and killed the dragon pretty easily on my first try:

-Full set of iron armor with Feather Falling on boots (so I don't lose too much health teleporting)
-1 pair Ender Spectacles
-1 Ender Pearl (for teleporting)
-Battle Axe with Smite
-Composite bow + 1 1/2 stacks of regular arrows
-Mattock for collecting end stone afterwards

It might also be wise to bring along a second pair of spectacles, since mine were almost broken by the time the dragon died. If they had broken in the middle of the fight the Endermen probably would have gotten me. Also, if you didn't get SFS earlier you're going to have to bring a diamond sword and diamond pickaxe instead of the battle axe and mattock...but that shouldn't be a problem, I didn't actually use my battle axe at all during the fight. Killed him with just my arrows.

EDIT: Oh, I also brought along a stack of health potions. Those are great to have just in case.
JakeZKAM

Post by JakeZKAM »

I've managed to continue to postpone the assault for awhile now. I managed to get a small mobtrap up and running and well hanging out at Diamond level tech is pretty viable for awhile. EnderSpecs are indeed a must but I like to use full Diamond gear to run around the nether and once I get to it the end. Diamonds are plentiful and once you have a kiln Iron and Diamond ingots are both easy to get. Also I'm not sure if you even can get feather falling boots before the end now can you? I haven't found an ancient manuscript yet so I haven't been able to test which enchants you can get with the basic enchanter.
Niyu

Post by Niyu »

A stack of enderpearls is also usefull, they can save you if you are thrown of the island
jkievlan

Post by jkievlan »

JakeZKAM wrote:I've managed to continue to postpone the assault for awhile now. I managed to get a small mobtrap up and running and well hanging out at Diamond level tech is pretty viable for awhile. EnderSpecs are indeed a must but I like to use full Diamond gear to run around the nether and once I get to it the end. Diamonds are plentiful and once you have a kiln Iron and Diamond ingots are both easy to get. Also I'm not sure if you even can get feather falling boots before the end now can you? I haven't found an ancient manuscript yet so I haven't been able to test which enchants you can get with the basic enchanter.
Ah you're right. I forgot I needed SFS to get the infernal enchanter. Still, as long as you have health potions it shouldn't matter...you can just drink a potion to get back the lost health after teleporting.