Glistering melons (health potions) (SOLVED)

If you're having problems with your installation of Better Than Wolves, or if you've woken up in the future and are beginning to doubt the nature of reality, here's the place to post about it.
jkievlan

Glistering melons (health potions) (SOLVED)

Post by jkievlan »

So...I can't create a Glistering Melon using a melon surrounded by gold nuggets. Did this get changed? I've searched the change log for everything related to potions and melons and I don't see anything about it.
Last edited by jkievlan on Sat Sep 21, 2013 12:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
jkievlan

Re: Glistering melons (health potions)

Post by jkievlan »

Bah. Never mind, just figured it out...you just put a gold nugget in one slot and the melon in another. I still don't see anything in the change logs about it though...FC, if you see this, should that be added to the wiki article? Or am I just an idiot that can't read?
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Post by FlowerChild »

Just checked the code. MC wiki is wrong currently, and that's a vanilla change.
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Post by FlowerChild »

Actually, no, if you check the wiki, it was changed in 1.6 to use 8 nuggets instead of 1. We're still playing 1.5 :)
jkievlan

Post by jkievlan »

FlowerChild wrote:Actually, no, if you check the wiki, it was changed in 1.6 to use 8 nuggets instead of 1. We're still playing 1.5 :)
Aha. Makes sense. Ignore my post then :)

EDIT: Thanks for checking the code btw! I didn't expect you to go to that much trouble :)
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Post by FlowerChild »

Np, I get bothered by inconsistencies. I didn't remember changing that, so wtf?

It does highlight a potential problem moving forward though, in that as vanilla changes, and btw doesn't update, problems like this will likely become more common.
jkievlan

Post by jkievlan »

FlowerChild wrote:It does highlight a potential problem moving forward though, in that as vanilla changes, and btw doesn't update, problems like this will likely become more common.
It occurs to me that the problem could be easily solved with a wiki article detailing the features in 1.5 that have changed in later releases. Let me mull it over...I think I can create a wiki article that would do the trick and would be easy enough to find when this problem arises.