Diamond Hills Resort 2.0 (BTW V4.A1 Humpdated Camel)

This is the place for SMP server threads, and for general server discussion.
danielngtiger

Re: Diamond Hills Resort - New server - 4.87 (no white list)

Post by danielngtiger »

Resaul wrote:Really needing some people to play with! :)
My interest more or less vanished when you reset the map. Sorry, but I don't really have an interest in starting from scratch again, particuarly when I feel it is possible my progress will vanish into the void, as it recently did.
Light travels faster than sound. That is why some people appear bright before you hear them speak.
Resaul

Post by Resaul »

danielngtiger wrote:
Resaul wrote:Really needing some people to play with! :)
My interest more or less vanished when you reset the map. Sorry, but I don't really have an interest in starting from scratch again, particuarly when I feel it is possible my progress will vanish into the void, as it recently did.
No worries. We had an issue with the blight and someone not familiar with it, getting a hold of it. I wasnt doing back ups frequently enough so the server rollback was far enough back most had lost their work anyways, so we took a vote from the most active players and it was decided we do a new seed. Lesson learned, backing up a lot more often and I apologize you lost your work. Understand your position. Good luck daniel :)
TaterBoy

Post by TaterBoy »

Well man...I got carried away with the automation, and I think I've made it so too much stuff is going on at once. I've gone around turning off stuff in the hope it will reduce the unplayable lag. Odie lost a ton of valuable stuff because of it, and I feel really bad for building so recklessly in the name of progress.

Hopefully we can repair this.
Cthulhu for President: It's not the right choice, it's the only choice.
Resaul

Post by Resaul »

TaterBoy wrote:Well man...I got carried away with the automation, and I think I've made it so too much stuff is going on at once. I've gone around turning off stuff in the hope it will reduce the unplayable lag. Odie lost a ton of valuable stuff because of it, and I feel really bad for building so recklessly in the name of progress.

Hopefully we can repair this.
Tater I dont believe this was your fault. I think the server needed a reboot. I tested a before and after reboot and problem seems rectified. As far as Odies stuff, I can and will replace it so nothing is lost. Again, this is nothing that couldnt be fixed. No worries. I will get with Odie and find out what all was lost and just replace it. All is good :D
TaterBoy

Post by TaterBoy »

Good to know. :D
That's a relief. Back to industriousness!
Resaul

Post by Resaul »

Server IP was refreshed. Make sure to update!
Resaul

Post by Resaul »

Sorry about the constant IP refreshes guys, having some bad weather here that keeps dropping internet.
TaterBoy

Post by TaterBoy »

Funny...I'm only getting the storms after your area is done with them. It's just been rain and some light T-Storms...Nothing major enough to cause outages.
Resaul

Post by Resaul »

2013-08-19 20:04:38 [INFO] _MegaLego_[/187.59.224.149:57014]

MegaLego attempted to grief server this morning. Server was rolled back to last night backup and all his work reversed. :p Sorry you wasted your time lego.
Resaul

Re: Diamond Hills Resort - 4.89113 Co-Op server(non whitelis

Post by Resaul »

Looking for someone to co op with!
Terus_

Post by Terus_ »

Sounds fun. Solo's alright in its own ways but I've been interested in multiplayer for awhile now. Just didn't know which server I should join. Still fairly new to most of the recent changes to the mod so any help would be appreciated though I think I can fumble up to pottery.
Resaul

Post by Resaul »

IP refresh guys! Make sure to check new IP in original post.
Resaul

Post by Resaul »

Ok, server is now pro hosted for reduced lag. I apologize for anyone that lost their work but the seed was still fairly new, yet too big to upload to host ftp. The pro hosted ip is - 198.24.181.2:25874
Last edited by Resaul on Wed Sep 11, 2013 2:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Resaul

Post by Resaul »

Server is migrating us to a new node. I am uploading the server backup and expect to have the server back up shortly with the updated IP.
Resaul

Re: Diamond Hills Resort - 4.8914 Co-Op server(non whitelist

Post by Resaul »

Server is back up with migrated server. IP updated and backup restored - no work was lost! Thank you for your patience.
MattThePadawan

Re: Diamond Hills Resort - 4.8914 Co-Op server(non whitelist

Post by MattThePadawan »

I won't be on again until next month. I've used all my internet data
Terus_

Re: Diamond Hills Resort - 4.8915 Co-Op server(non whitelist

Post by Terus_ »

Caught me off guard with the server update which I missed the download for. ;P
Gonna start downloading every release from now on so that doesn't happen again but till the server updates I'll be unable to join you guys.
Resaul

Post by Resaul »

Terus_ wrote:Caught me off guard with the server update which I missed the download for. ;P
Gonna start downloading every release from now on so that doesn't happen again but till the server updates I'll be unable to join you guys.
I sent you a PM Terus
MattThePadawan

Post by MattThePadawan »

Terus_ wrote:Caught me off guard with the server update which I missed the download for. ;P
Why can't you join? BTW is backwards compatible for servers. Even if the server hasn't updated, and you have the latest release. You can still play on the server. It just doesn't work the other way around i don't think.
Terus_

Post by Terus_ »

Didn't know that to be honest. I saw version mismatch pop up and disconnected cause I thought it wouldn't work. Good to know for later though, thanks for the heads up.
Dale

Post by Dale »

Back from hiding within servers... I am back. :)

So after a few worlds with Resaul I have found that we still progress super fast. All these changes that seem to make us want to quit hasnt actually equated to "more time = more gameplay" and actually has given me more... gameplay. I am however upset that the 9667 update makes me want to start over again... having sfs without actually being to the end is just iffy to me. However, dont get me wrong here... I do not want to start over. I just will haul myself to the end and re-setup my machines. ;) Nice to be back on the forums again.

~Dale
DaveYanakov "Animals spawn in tall grass because pokemans"...
Resaul

Post by Resaul »

New voice server up!

Teamspeak 3 client (http://www.teamspeak.com/?page=downloads)

Connection info: ts30.bargainvoice.com:7229
Terus_

Re: Diamond Hills Resort - 4.89667 Co-Op server(non whitelis

Post by Terus_ »

Gonna be busy for a while so I don't know if I'll be in the server much if at all. Just a heads up so everyone knows I'm not gonna disappear entirely.
Resaul

Re: Diamond Hills Resort - 4.89667 Co-Op server(non whitelis

Post by Resaul »

Terus_ wrote:Gonna be busy for a while so I don't know if I'll be in the server much if at all. Just a heads up so everyone knows I'm not gonna disappear entirely.
Understand Terus.. hope to see ya back soon!
Dale

Re: Diamond Hills Resort - 4.89999 Co-Op server

Post by Dale »

So, I'd like everyone to know that I have opened my base up at spawn for anyone to tp to. But if you will notice the sign still says Private. This is because it IS private :). I have a burning hatred for creeper damage. And In my honest opinion only players capable of visiting other players bases and not creating creeper holes are not noobs. So long story short? You may come visit, you may not:

Take anything from my base/area.
Use my portal/tp to travel.
Change/Edit/Ect. Anything in my base or area other than a sign you yourself bring.
And most importantly, no creeper holes!

This editing thing doesnt apply to Resaul. He may place the occasional skelly head now n then ;)
I know this doesnt sound co op, but it is my personal base. And as some of you notice I build machines, and mob traps, and other things... things that are breakable.. So ever since someone exploded my base I have been a recluse. I am working on it.
DaveYanakov "Animals spawn in tall grass because pokemans"...