Leviathan (Biomes O' Plenty) Better Than Solo [CLOSED]

This is the place for SMP server threads, and for general server discussion.
Rob

Re: Leviathan (Biomes O' Plenty) Better Than Solo [BTW 4.891

Post by Rob »

andreinawolf wrote:Life talked with FC and I can continue the server mods :) I will update the server to the latest BTW sometime this week.
Yay.
Rianaru

Post by Rianaru »

Hey, my girlfriend would like to join us on the server, but since no one can create new forum accounts I'm posting it for her. Hope you don't mind!

Hi there, my IGN is slightlyavocado (you can call me Avo!). I mostly wanted to get in on this server so I could build things with my boyfriend; we're going long-distance and so online video games are a good way to connect :) Not to mention I really enjoy building! I've been playing Minecraft for quite a while, and I'm mostly focused on the creative/architectural aspects of it. On a previous survival server I designed a fairly large jungle tree city, and I've also done a couple large temples on both creative and survival servers, with some help building from my boyfriend and others. Unfortunately, I haven't played much Better Than Wolves, but I've learned the basics from my boyfriend and I'm sure he can help me out with the stuff I'm unclear on. I've also read and agree to the forum and server rules! Thanks for the consideration! :)
FlowerChild wrote: -----

A short while later:

FlowerChild: What is this pussy shit?
Wibbles

Post by Wibbles »

Dear Life / Andre, do you have anything to say about the future of the server in light of recent events i.e. BOP for BTW support put on hold indefinitely? Will you be able to make the current BTWBOP work alongside recent and future BTW versions? I love playing on Leviathan, but this is rather troubling.
andreinawolf

Post by andreinawolf »

Wibbles wrote:Dear Life / Andre, do you have anything to say about the future of the server in light of recent events i.e. BOP for BTW support put on hold indefinitely? Will you be able to make the current BTWBOP work alongside recent and future BTW versions? I love playing on Leviathan, but this is rather troubling.
As of an hour ago I'm ready to update the server to BTW 4.8912 and BoP 0.0.9 but I'm holding off till later tonight when I can see if there is any way to allow clients to still use BoP for the proper biome colors.

I'm not sure about newer versions of BoP though (if there are even any available for download). I still have a lot of catching up to do so I'm going to stick to what I already have in place for now.

Worst case scenario, clients will have to see some funny biome coloring until someone can slap together a light-weight client.
andreinawolf

Post by andreinawolf »

andreinawolf wrote:As of an hour ago I'm ready to update the server to BTW 4.8912 and BoP 0.0.9...
Correction: It seems I'm using BoP 0.1.0.
myrkana

Re: Leviathan (Biomes O' Plenty) Better Than Solo [BTW 4..89

Post by myrkana »

whys the server dead? o.O can't connect, I thought it was my connection but edolas is just fine...
Rawr :D
lifeiwater

Post by lifeiwater »

For some reason the dns isnt properly resolving. For now use 108.14.104.137:25567
ehsanmp

Post by ehsanmp »

Genuinely thought we had closed down for a second lol
murillokb

Post by murillokb »

Hey guys, just passing by to say i'm still alive. I KNOW YOU ALL MISSED ME!

i'm having lots of stuff to do IRL and i've got fire emblem: awakening and i'm totally in love with it lol

i'll come back as soon as i move to Hamburg (next month)

cya :)
ehsanmp

Post by ehsanmp »

Omg Hamburg is going to be So much much better than Erfurt!
myrkana

Post by myrkana »

Someone log on and play o.o I've started playing again and getttin blaze rods by myself is hell Q.Q I need a buddy
andreinawolf

Post by andreinawolf »

It seems Life's IP changed, so I've updated the DNS records. The changes should take about 30 to 60 min to take effect.
myrkana

Post by myrkana »

where is everyone? I've only seem like 4 people on and never at the same time o.O
Rianaru

Post by Rianaru »

Yeah I've kinda noticed that. Wanted to get on and do some work, but it seems weird working on a server with no one else on. Ill see if I can get on in a couple hours though if anyone wants to join me

A short while later:

myrkana

Post by myrkana »

Rianaru wrote:Yeah I've kinda noticed that. Wanted to get on and do some work, but it seems weird working on a server with no one else on. Ill see if I can get on in a couple hours though if anyone wants to join me

woot i log on periodically for a bit and then log back off after a bit of trying to find the blaze spawner i nthis fortress
aJaroOllie

Post by aJaroOllie »

I've not been on much lately because I've been away all week, but I should be able to get on for a bit soon. I'm just about to hit hibachi level in the tech tree, so if you want to duo blaze hunt myrkana, let me know :)
IGN: Matthew_OJ
Wibbles

Post by Wibbles »

Sorry I've not been around much. Was a bit put-off by the whole dropping of BOP support thing -- I can't get BOP to work with BTW, even without MC Patcher. Guess I could just log into the server with regular BTW without it installed but then you don't get the custom colours.
myrkana

Post by myrkana »

hmm thats weird, I use mcpatcher and even switch between two profiles on it and it works just fine for me o.O when you used mcpatcher did you put bop under btw? im using the old version of bop (the 0.9 or something version not the 1.0) and it works fine with 4.8912
EpicAaron

Post by EpicAaron »

I would like to leave a reminder to all Players that Uberdrasil sees and hears all.

Thank you.
BTW Community Server Discord: https://discord.gg/arZpuYW
Spoiler
Show
myrkana

Post by myrkana »

each time the blazes have killed me (like 7 times now) I have stopped to pay blessing to uberdrasil D:< when I have gathered all my blaze rods I will give Uberdrasil my meat as tribute!
Rianaru

Post by Rianaru »

So me and my RL friends that share my base have been ready to go to the end to start an ender trap for whitestone for about a week now, but have lacked proper incentive. But now we need endstone for SFS, so the following:

What's the status of access to the end? I've been confused on this ever since I started playing on this server. Someone mentioned something about the dragon not being there? If it is, we have a mobtrap that could produce enough iron for a small army kitted out in full iron armor/weapons given a few hours of work, not to mention supplies for bows and arrows.

If the dragon is still there, would anyone be up to raid the end and kill it? I'd be excited to get some sort of server-wide event going :)

If the dragon is not there/when (if we need to) we kill it, would anyone be willing to help me with a massive ender trap? I'm talking producing skyscrapers worth of whitestone massive, and I don't quite have the materials (mostly SFS, gold, and redstone) to do it. This would probably include building a nether mob trap for gold unless someone already has one, but I'd be very willing to help with one of those at the same time since I've been running out of gold a lot and I'd like to get beacons going at some point.

I can provide as many building materials as necessary for any of the above projects except for pistons because of the limitations I mentioned above. Lemme know if you're interesting in any of it please :)

A short while later:

maxsi

Post by maxsi »

the end has no dragon and no way out as well. that is the status of the end
Blazara wrote:Better Than Wolves: So seamless, you don't know what you've got into... ;)
Fret

Post by Fret »

Hey, can someone please explain why the server is dead? Every time I log in there is no one else on. It used to be so active. I didn't start over to play on a dead server :( Is it because the BoP has been dropped? Playing on an abandoned server is not fun, it beats the point of multiplayer.

Hope to see you all again soon
Habsnorre

Oh, and also Myrkana I also want to do some blaze hunting.
aJaroOllie

Post by aJaroOllie »

Fret wrote:Hey, can someone please explain why the server is dead?
I can't speak for anyone else, but for me it's because I never downloaded 4.8912 because I was on holiday, now it's not available so I have to wait for it to catch up :P but I'm up for some blaze hunting too when I can get on next :)
IGN: Matthew_OJ
Rianaru

Post by Rianaru »

maxsi wrote:the end has no dragon and no way out as well. that is the status of the end
Is there a plan to remedy this?

A short while later: