[1.5.2] [4.891124] Biomes O' Plenty 0.1.3 - BTW Edition

This sub-forum is dedicated to add-ons and texture packs for Better Than Wolves.
ehsanmp

Re: [1.5.2] [4.891124] Biomes O' Plenty 0.1.3 - BTW Edition

Post by ehsanmp »

Yeah Adz keep at it, there aren't many worthwhile mods that aren't totally imbalanced or completely out of date. The new biomes bring much entertainment and wonder to all of us.
Adubbz

Post by Adubbz »

So, i'm back from my summer holiday (likely only for a short time, but, eh).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rbNP5yqg7hc

Anyway, i've decided i'm not quitting quite yet, but i'm heavily leaning towards it. Development will stay ceased until the issues that i'm about to mention have either been resolved, i'm banned again or i just decide to quit completely. I do indeed apologies for those that are affected by this, since you users are probably the only reason i hadn't given up as soon as the issues arose.

Anyway, here are the issues that are preventing further development:
  • FlowerChild doesn't feel i am a suitable candidate to be making an addon for Better Than Wolves.
  • There are issues regarding distribution i would have to be tiptoeing around if i was to continue.
  • I don't get along well with FlowerChild (which alone is enough of a reason to stop).
  • I've been banned from IRC at home (i could use proxies/other names, but, if i'm not welcome there (which is what a ban means in my opinion) then i don't wish to use them).
Most of the above require arguing with FlowerChild, something that will have the same result as above and with both my and his time wasted and me banned. I have no intention of dealing with that again. So: Unless these issues are somehow magically resolved (i don't expect this, at all, it'd be VERY unreasonable) my departure is almost guarenteed.

In any case though, it's been a pleasure developing this addon up until now, and i appreciate the few of you that actually do care.
But in the end, it just likely won't work. Good luck with the rest of Better Than Wolves development whatever happens though FlowerChild.

And in case i do get banned again for whatever reason, may as well leave you folks with this in advance.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UrgpZ0fUixs

(Apparently [youtube][/youtube] is broken)
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Post by FlowerChild »

Well, just as started this whole episode: your seeming inability to let things go, and you mysteriously and constantly taking me saying "I don't want to talk about it" as an apparent invitation to talk about it makes this an ongoing issue I'd much rather do without.

When you kept insisting on pestering me about this on Friday night in IRC despite my repeated attempts to tell you that I did not want to deal with this at present, I almost banned you on the spot. You even went so far as to continue pestering me through PM about it after I booted you from the channel, causing me to close down IRC just to get away from it. The above seals the deal.

My apologies to those of you that were relying upon this add-on in some way. As always, my priority is the ongoing development of Better Than Wolves, and when someone becomes a distraction, particularly a persistent one, from me doing so, I will of course take action to correct that.