Leviathan (Biomes O' Plenty) Better Than Solo [CLOSED]

This is the place for SMP server threads, and for general server discussion.
Pfilson

Re: Leviathan (Biomes O' Plenty) Better Than Solo [BTW 4.891

Post by Pfilson »

murillokb wrote:Any chances of the server being updated soon? I'm on version 9112 and i can't downgrade because the download of 911 has been locked :(
Server can't be updated till BoP is updated/ fixes the patching issues. Which should hopefully be soon.
Pucc

Post by Pucc »

Hello,

> Read the rules: betterthansolo.com/rules.html. Complete
> Read the BTW forum rules. Complete
> Read the "Guide for New Players" at http://betterthansolo.com/ Complete

Post a reply to this thread that includes your IGN and an introduction about yourself:

IGN: _Pucc_

Reside: Bristol, UK

So I've been playing BTW for longer than I can remember (Early 2012 maybe, feels like a life time) and vMC since 0.8ish so you could say I know my way around a battleaxe. I've been playing solo recently until my computer die a little inside and wiped my saves folder clean. Other than that I'm white-listed on the official server but stopped playing before it went pve due to moving cities and jobs etc. and now I feel a little left behind in terms of base building fun. So it all culminates into a request to join this relatively new server.

BOP is an awesome mod that I've longed to play BTW with and the fact its quite hard to find a server with all the HC modes enabled has enticed me here. I hope you consider accepting my request.

Other things I'm a sucker for a automation and deep caves.

Regards,

Pucc
Rob

Post by Rob »

Hey life, I(alexkrupski) finally got internet back. Was just wondering If I could have my nickname set to Alex. No rush. See you in game. :D

Edit: @OJ - I seemed to have set up shop close to your base. Stumbled upon your Casa when in search of animals to maim. I harvested melons.. fed your chickens. And took pleasure in the resulting eggs. Nothing else was touched. I will move on to give you proper space for your base. I did manage to save two cows, they are underground with white wool marking their location. I will give you the general direction once I figure it out. They are yours, my present to you. :)

Edit: @OJ - It's West South West of your base. Good Luck!
lifeiwater

Post by lifeiwater »

_pucc_ and izbatt are white listed. Welcome!
Kaikai

Post by Kaikai »

I got all of the kitties!

No point in playing anymore, bye server! ;]
andreinawolf

Post by andreinawolf »

Kaikai wrote:I got all of the kitties!

lol kai has reached end game! quick! release a few expansions to keep her playing!
myrkana

Post by myrkana »

nice kai :)
Rawr :D
maxsi

Post by maxsi »

Kaikai wrote:Image

I got all of the kitties!

ofcorse there still point to play kai

we still need to MAKE the cats
Spoiler
Show
the cat is always whacking
Spoiler
Show
Blazara wrote:Better Than Wolves: So seamless, you don't know what you've got into... ;)
Rob

Post by Rob »

maxsi wrote: the cat is always whacking
That is either an inside joke, or the best typo ever. :P
maxsi

Post by maxsi »

what a waste, we entered the end and the dragon was not there....
Blazara wrote:Better Than Wolves: So seamless, you don't know what you've got into... ;)
Ethinolicbob

Post by Ethinolicbob »

That's a bit odd. I haven't heard of anyone hitting the end yet, and I'm sure we were going to plan an event where we all could go to the end together for the dragon
angra_mania

Post by angra_mania »

Ethinolicbob wrote:That's a bit odd. I haven't heard of anyone hitting the end yet, and I'm sure we were going to plan an event where we all could go to the end together for the dragon
There was me, Life, Kai, nazo, razar and i think ability there to kill the dragon. So there was a sizeable group there although it wasn't quite announced...

Life flied all over the end and did not find the dragon, we might end up deleting the end files and starting over.
Rob

Post by Rob »

angra_mania wrote:Life flied all over the end and did not find the dragon, we might end up deleting the end files and starting over.
I would recommend doing this, if not for the bugged dragon, but because Im sure there were people looking forward to participate in this event. And the impromptu reasoning as to why you went after the dragon today was just bad juju, in my humble opinion.
lifeiwater

Post by lifeiwater »

For those interested, I reset The End dimension again, and Ability was in there when it happened. He saw the dragon's health bar when the server came up and then it quickly disappeared. I flew around 1000 blocks in all directions but couldn't find him. Its quite depressing that this encounter is giving us much trouble.
myrkana

Post by myrkana »

hey life i don't know what you've tried but this guy had a similar problem:

http://www.minecraftforum.net/topic/137 ... sappeared/

not sure if his solution will help you but figured i'd take a look around google while i wait to head to work :-p
Rob

Post by Rob »

lifeiwater wrote:For those interested, I reset The End dimension again, and Ability was in there when it happened. He saw the dragon's health bar when the server came up and then it quickly disappeared. I flew around 1000 blocks in all directions but couldn't find him. Its quite depressing that this encounter is giving us much trouble.
I wonder if it has anything to do with BoP?
myrkana

Post by myrkana »

Rob wrote:
lifeiwater wrote:For those interested, I reset The End dimension again, and Ability was in there when it happened. He saw the dragon's health bar when the server came up and then it quickly disappeared. I flew around 1000 blocks in all directions but couldn't find him. Its quite depressing that this encounter is giving us much trouble.
I wonder if it has anything to do with BoP?

i started a random world and made a portal to the end real quick, the dragon there is acting normal, so if it is a BOP thing its a server specific problem :o
Adubbz

Post by Adubbz »

I'd recommend updating now, all the issues with the new release of BOP for 4.891124 should be fixed
bboyblaiser

Post by bboyblaiser »

Ign: bboyblaiser
Im just a simple minecraft player looking for a challenge, which has resorted me to BTW, I run a Feed the beast server and love to build different contraptions to suit my needs. I have been playing minecraft since beta 1.7.2 and better than wolves since it came out, I have taken time off from better than wolves to focus on my server as a project and I am now resorting back to it as a way to get my mind more active and give me something other than, build this = end game, type deal. I hope you add me to your whitelist as community player for days to come.
lifeiwater

Post by lifeiwater »

Adubbz wrote:I'd recommend updating now, all the issues with the new release of BOP for 4.891124 should be fixed
Bop hasn't been holding us back from updating. Andre has his own non distribute able mods that he has to integrate into the jar once its compiled, and he's currently been busy with IRL stuff. I haven't had a chance to attempt the changes myself. And given we are the highest population BTW server right now I'm very weary to make changes I'm not certain about
Last edited by lifeiwater on Fri Aug 23, 2013 1:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
andreinawolf

Post by andreinawolf »

(I must not have properly posted this message this morning)

My move to Salem has been intense, so hopefully this weekend I'll have more time to catch up on posts and figure out what to do about updating to new BTW releases :)
Adubbz

Post by Adubbz »

Another thing to note, may as well enable custom content in the configs now. The odd few newly generated biomes will have some new wood types for people to get their hands on :)
razar51

Post by razar51 »

My friend was recently watching me play over my shoulder and expressed an interest in joining the server. Unfortunately he does not have an account on the forums and registration is currently closed down so I decided to post his application on my account below:
Spoiler
Show
Greetings, I'm Static (IGN: STATIC24, Age: 21, Location: Midwest USA).

I am a friend (and roommate) of Razar's. I have been playing minecraft for several years now, since around Alpha 1.2. In the past I have hosted my own Bukkit server which ran for about a year. It ultimately fell through because I hosted the server on my own hardware but lost access to a fast enough internet connection and could not afford to pay for a server or faster connection. Since then I have played a plethora on minecraft mods but being an engineering student always had a soft spot for mods that added automation to the game. I have played BTW for probably about 60-80 hours. About half of that was before hard core buckets and half of that was recently on a private server with Razar where we scrambled to survive on a small island on fish alone which didn’t go so well. I have also spent many hours watching razar play and discussing automation techniques with him. Admittedly I am not very knowledgeable about some of the late game tech but I am proficient at self discovery and using wikis. My other talents include redstone logic and engineering, walking into pits of lava, being terrified of enderman and hoarding sheep. My goals on this server would be to, create a potion brewery, see other peoples automation, and collect all colors of sheep and have fun with people because solo is lonely.

I have read the forum rules, new player guide, and server rules.

Thank you for your time!
andreinawolf

Post by andreinawolf »

So moving forward with Leviathan, I'll need to remove my mods in order to keep updating the server. I'll leave that up to Life if he wants to do that or just keep the server locked at the current version.

This will mean that the chat colors, aliases, connection to web chat, etc will no longer work. I also won't have any stats or logging. In theory I could probably do something to work around decompiling BTW but modding the server is a fun hobby for me and that honestly sounds like a lot of headache as I'd have to dramatically change the way I mod the server. I also have some other projects (that have been dying for my attention) that I can work on until I can mod the server again.

Ivalice will be locked at its current version (so hold on to your modded jars!) and that'll allow people to get URLs for using web chat. That'll be a nice way for people to chat if Leviathan isn't working for some reason :)

I will of course keep supporting both servers, and I'll be playing very soon again once my crazy apartment move is over.
andreinawolf

Post by andreinawolf »

Life talked with FC and I can continue the server mods :) I will update the server to the latest BTW sometime this week.