Welcome to Edolas [CLOSED]

This is the place for SMP server threads, and for general server discussion.
Mac

Re: Welcome to Edolas (Server information)

Post by Mac »

One thing wonders me,

with the option to turn off HCS removed, as in constantly on, that Spawn protection is still working when according to the
wiki it should not.

Would it be possible to replace the config-file for btw with the current one, to see if it resolves this.
My Youtube channel.

FlowerChild
Site Admin

Post by FlowerChild »

Mac wrote:Would it be possible to replace the config-file for btw with the current one, to see if it resolves this.
That won't change anything. I removed that feature when vanilla included a server side option to remove the spawn protection. The wiki is out of date on that one.
Mac

Post by Mac »

FlowerChild wrote: That won't change anything. I removed that feature when vanilla included a server side option to remove the spawn protection. The wiki is out of date on that one.
Must have missed that change when it happened.
Thanks for the info.
My Youtube channel.

FaceFoiled

Post by FaceFoiled »

I thought I did remove it in the mc configuration, but that may have changed in the server provider change. I'll have a look tomorrow when I'm back home.

First of. The full monty with the inlaws :-D (movie)
magikeh

Post by magikeh »

Hollly poop! It has been a long time, but alas the time has come :) I can play again.. for a bit xD Going on for a couple hours now and will be going on again on monday (hopefuly all day) CST (Central canada time!)

Edit also face, would it be cool if we could get the mumble password? Team speak has been crashing regularly on me and giving lots of other issues. <.<
Magical Shit
Show
Syruse|Work: i like magic shit
MagikEh: ...
MagikEh: >.>
MagikEh: <.<
»» MagikEh walks to the bathroom
Syruse|Work: hahaaaaaaaaa
Syruse|Work: wait
MagikEh: xD
Syruse|Work: fuck
Syruse|Work: NO
Syruse|Work: DONT
FaceFoiled

Post by FaceFoiled »

There is a 10 slot mumble server with the current server provider: anl-03.fragnet.net:64801
FaceFoiled

Post by FaceFoiled »

And updated to v4.8911
FaceFoiled

Post by FaceFoiled »

Just a quick reminder that the competition is still running!! So far I've only had 2 submissions out of the 3 I was hoping for as a minimum. :(

Current submissions:
Magikeh!
Myrkana!

The Contest is still running with rewards up for grabs! Still waiting for more submissions :D.[/quote]

Once this competition finishes, I have a new contest in mind as well with new prizes as well. The current prize has already been announced on the contest page, but the future rewards will remain a secret for now. :) Let's just say that I have some ridiculous keys burning a hole in my pocket. :D
Whisp

Post by Whisp »

FaceFoiled wrote:Just a quick reminder that the competition is still running!! So far I've only had 2 submissions out of the 3 I was hoping for as a minimum. :(
I haven't forgotten and will definitely submit something in the near future. Mainly my dying a lot, while trying to mine netherquarz for the project, put a damper on my motivation a while ago. ;)
PatriotBob

Post by PatriotBob »

FaceFoiled wrote:And updated to v4.8911
Poor Face... updates the server and FC releases a new update 4 1/2 hours later... :)
FaceFoiled

Post by FaceFoiled »

PatriotBob wrote:Poor Face... updates the server and FC releases a new update 4 1/2 hours later... :)
Keeps me on my toes! :) That said, the server has been updated ^_^. v4.89112. Additionally I have done something that I should have done some time ago, the server difficulty has been set as normal. Up to now, it has always been set to Hard. However, as FlowerChild mentioned some time ago, BTW itself is designed and balanced around normal difficulty. As, making it harder through Hard difficulty seems overkill.

If you guys prefer it at Hard, let me know and I will switch it right back. =)
magikeh

Post by magikeh »

FaceFoiled wrote:-snippy-
the server difficulty has been set as normal. Up to now, it has always been set to Hard. However, as FlowerChild mentioned some time ago, BTW itself is designed and balanced around normal difficulty. As, making it harder through Hard difficulty seems overkill.

If you guys prefer it at Hard, let me know and I will switch it right back. =)
I dunno, I like the fact that now a skelly takes more than 3 hits to kill, but then again, I liked that fact that mobs hit harder felt more balanced (in that with a reg iron sword I could kill one in 3 hits). As one that does not wear armour (always running out of leather and iron make me hungry) the extra challenge to skitter inside when its dark and find a temporary alternate task was always fun as it seemed to break up the mundane outside task (as its usually just grinding for resources or landscaping) So I am for one in favour of the higher difficulty, but I am not the only voice in this community so lets get some opinions on this! :D
Magical Shit
Show
jak Stone

Post by jak Stone »

yep i have to say i think im the first to fall victim to the hs must not have touched the sfs beacon when i last died i died this time in Prof ions base at the lift was going up and move to far to the left and glitched into the wall then fell thru the lift my stuff is still there can some one please get it ty so yes i'm the first (well i think i am)
aka Nitepistol on the irc
http://www.youtube.com/user/nitepistol
magikeh

Post by magikeh »

jak Stone wrote:yep i have to say i think im the first to fall victim to the hs must not have touched the sfs beacon when i last died i died this time in Prof ions base at the lift was going up and move to far to the left and glitched into the wall then fell thru the lift my stuff is still there can some one please get it ty so yes i'm the first (well i think i am)
Welp I suppose that if there is a tag to be given i may as well accept it. On Friday night (Aug 2) I died, spawning in an unknown place I was quite confused, but alas I was quite close to a base so I walked over to figure out what was going on, once I realized that I was really far away from spawn I realized that we had switched. Yeah walking back wasn't so bad as i managed to scavenge a few eggs from Face's old base and success was had in the journey back home, never the less I am working on two more SFS beacons, one near the wither cage (location has not been publicly released due to technical issues) and one atop my mage tower already have a lvl one up there.
Magical Shit
Show
jak Stone

Post by jak Stone »

woo hoo found Darksnipers (think that was the name) place and he had a track to spawn so ty to him he saved me and yes i have touched the sfs beacon and went got my stuff and now am happy at my base
Whisp

Post by Whisp »

Ok, time for my humble entry for the competition:
I've probably gone a bit over the top, but at least this way I can make up in size what I lack in aesthetic detail. ;)

Sadly I've forgotten to take a picture before I terraformed that desert area.
Outside view
Show
I'm not really satisfied with the hellfire blocks on top, but black stone is just sooo expensive to build with, perhaps I'll revisit that another time.
But yeah, double windmill power, for the times you just need that extra bit of energy! :D
Inside - Ground floor
Show
Inside on the ground, in the future there will be some way to feed the millstones from here, probably with a nether portal next to it (you'll see why in the next pics).
What you see in the middle is a nice little screw pump tower that delivers water from a small desert pool to the top floor.
Inside - Top floor
Show
Top floor here, not much to say. The mechanical power is routed behind the stone brick pillar. When finished the mechanical power can be switched from the vertical windmill to the normal one and back remotely.
Inside - Feeding floor
Show
Right below the top floor. At the moment this is the most efficient place to feed the millstones. Just use the hopper to the left of the picture.
Inside - Party floor
Show
This is where the work gets done!
Embedded into the stone brick canals that go all around the room are 11 millstones, all auto fed by hoppers above. At the moment the product just goes into a series of hoppers at the end, but eventually I will add an optional auto soul urn bottler for maximum fun!

Have you got what it takes to feed this beast?

It took me five trips to my netherrack storage at base to get all millstones running at the same time, maybe now you understand the need for a direct nether access. ;)
So if you just can't get rid of all the netherrack in your base, this might be the destination for your next trip. Once the nether portal is finished, there will be signs in the nether leading to it.
FaceFoiled

Post by FaceFoiled »

Very impressive!
Prof_Ion

Post by Prof_Ion »

Humble entry whisp? Yeah whatever! That is not humble that is freaking bad ass! Nice work!
Kaitocain wrote: Snow is not fire, so it can still rain.
jak Stone

Post by jak Stone »

that is very nice whisp i really like the water part man a lot of work went into that
Whisp

Post by Whisp »

Thanks for the kind words. :)
Yeah the water part took me a while, I even had to tear down my first 5x5 layout pump tower after I realised I couldn't power it the way I wanted.

Another topic: Since it would help me a lot with aligning the new portal and because many people will have to move their nether portal with the new update, if they don't want to risk their livestock.
What is the general opinion on getting the Astrolabe addon for the server?
Prof_Ion

Post by Prof_Ion »

Well I don't understand how you use the addon bring I haven't sued with it, but I'm not objected to it. Though I wouldn't mind teleporting around and fixing people's portals with coordinates. Still seems like a cool addition.
On another note. New computer ordered. Gonna be a few more days at least. Still have to order my GPU but I have an older one laying around that will do just fine until I can get monies for the one I want.
Kaitocain wrote: Snow is not fire, so it can still rain.
magikeh

Post by magikeh »

I am down for getting the addon, will be neat to explore with it... and maybe not get lost? xd
Magical Shit
Show
FaceFoiled

Post by FaceFoiled »

Looking into the addon, to see if it's something I'm willing to add to the server.

Additionally, we have had 3 submissions now. Deadline for submissions will be Thursday the 22nd. My weekend starts on friday, which will give me a few days to go check out the submissions, and announce the winner on Monday the 26th!
FaceFoiled

Post by FaceFoiled »

My apologies, but I completely forgot about the contest (and well, the server it self, updating tonight!!)

The winners!
#1 Whisp
The whole contraption looks cool, but I love how the water tower is intergrated and used.
Whisp's Submission

#2 myrkana
It's just plain sexy! :)
Myrkana's Submission

#3 magikeh
Nice design!
Magikeh's Submission

I have PM'd Whisp with the prize and details. =)
FaceFoiled

Post by FaceFoiled »

I am currently thinking of a new competition, but I'd like it to be something "big". Any suggestions are highly appreciated! The prizes (yes, multiple), will be pretty cool as well with very cool gamessssss!