Friendly Coop BTW Server !

This is the place for SMP server threads, and for general server discussion.
Bevanz

Re: Friendly Coop BTW Server !

Post by Bevanz »

Man, HCS definitely adds consequence to death.

Any bets on which way I died from first, after getting HC spawned somewhere random where we don't have any developments?
He flaps his boney wings at you, but you ask how he can fly with those things and he crashes to the ground.
DiamondArms

Post by DiamondArms »

Bevanz wrote:Man, HCS definitely adds consequence to death.

Any bets on which way I died from first, after getting HC spawned somewhere random where we don't have any developments?

The dread killed you.
Bevanz

Post by Bevanz »

DiamondArms wrote:
Bevanz wrote:Man, HCS definitely adds consequence to death.

The dread killed you.
Naw, it was drowning after getting shot into the water from the skeleton because I couldn't move very fast through the snow while starving... the gloom hit me just as I was hitting the darkness below, and drowning was faster lol.
He flaps his boney wings at you, but you ask how he can fly with those things and he crashes to the ground.
PK_420

New map on the Website!

Post by PK_420 »

I have finally managed to compile Overviewer myself. (That's the map rendering software I use for my website)
This now allow me to integrate Pfil's modifications to the textures file (Overviewer for BTW)

We should now be able to see most custom blocks on the website map thanks to him!
Floyper

Post by Floyper »

I recently visited the Steel Factory
and after a while of sitting and waiting
i realised that something was wrong
i snooped around a bit and realised
something. At the point where the
hopper makes soul urns the dust
that travels over it is actually already
hellfire dust and is therefore pointless
u would need to move the hellfire route
or make sure its ground netherack.
I left 2 stacks of iron, and 8 stacks
of netherack so ill take 2 stacks of
steel.

Edit: Nevermind, problem fixed itself. wasjust backed up a bit.
DiamondArms

Post by DiamondArms »

Alright, so me and Mech have made it to the New World(Biomes o'plenty world doesn't seem catchy).

mission report:

volcanos are bad for you and your family. Mech has lost a kitty and I'm down 3 mutts.
If you don't hate the volcano, there are 2 villages on the other side. Villagers are intact, fields contain wheat only.

There is clay. a lot of clay. swamplands with shallow water and clay galore. I can start mass producing Urns now. Ryo, if you still need urns, I'm thinking business.

Lastly, the terrains is pretty radical. If you want wood, there are gimungulous trees near the entrance portal.
Not gonna recommend setting up your main base there, as Megachunk is still the main plane of existence and I hope people can still work on it. Can't stop anyone, though.

Also, I still have no idea where the witch huts are.
JakeZKAM

Post by JakeZKAM »

Hmm a couple things,
1. Perhaps we could come up with names for the two Megachunks? You know, think of them like continents or something
2. We could maybe make a community project of a floating city between the two chunks if it would be alright. We could all pitch in, add what we want, have our own houses kinda like how gringo town used to be.
3. A random note but another project we could use would be roads connecting all the cities and factions together overland for A. Immersion and B. to help with HCS casualties.

Oh and I'll have my longboat up at the snowy mountains soon if an admin would help me set up the port :). Been having some major issues with getting back after any accidents -.-

Edit: The Tele to Dragonsreach is up to get there (No way back yet so be careful if you take it) It's the one next to Prestons Tele and I'll get it named and the return trip taken care of ASAP. :)
ryoloth

Post by ryoloth »

Hey guys,

sorry i have been gone the past few weeks, life has been hectic with school starting and all, but i'm back :D
"we haven't had a fight since the last one" -Atold 2016
DiamondArms

Post by DiamondArms »

So I've been shifted to another department at my interning company, which stuck me with a seriously low end computer which died when I tried to run MC on it(although it just overheated). So, I'm not going to be on very often currently. I'll try to get on during the weekends when I have more time and energy, but for now I'm gonna be dead(non-voluntary).

I've drafted a list of things I want/need to get done, and I'd like some help getting parts done.
1) Hammersly Forge - I've been having a lot of trouble getting this started, mostly because I don't have a good place to do it. It's going to be more or less the same as the old Gringotown forge, so I have a set area I can build it in. for reference, get the old world download and visit old Gringo. I could use some help finding a good spot for the forge so I can spend my online time building it instead of debating where to build it and eventually going off-tangent on another project.
2) Automated Pottery - I've gotten a working pottery system at Tobukasai, what are your opinions on making something similar on Hammersly? It's waterless, but I might need to work out how to hook it up to...
3) Autokiln - Nothing like not having to stare at bricks cooking. I can't make a fancy tubekiln, as water is hard to channel for such purposes(not impossible, but then it needs to be 2-3 floors underground) but I have a working 4slot piston-flushing autokiln design in mind. I'll also need some space to build and power it, but the large unoccupied(when I last checked, if anyone has plans to build there, please give me a heads up) space across from the palace is a pretty convenient space to do so.

For now these are the top 3 tasks I'd like to get done on Hammersly, so if you guys have any objections/opinions/compliments/helpful advice/donations/building sites to offer, please do.
pfc calico

Post by pfc calico »

not been on in a while, been Beta testing world of warplanes, playing world of tanks, creating my own texture pack based on gearpunk/art deco so yeah been putting off coming online. hopefully be online soon
Floyper

Post by Floyper »

The Beacon at spawn does not seem to be working.
I think this is because of the spawn protection that
protects the Island.
PK_420

Post by PK_420 »

Floyper wrote:The Beacon at spawn does not seem to be working.
I think this is because of the spawn protection that
protects the Island.
That may explain why it has been working for me all along. :/
I'll be checking that out, maybe moving it to an unprotected area.
Thanks for the info. :)
JakeZKAM

Post by JakeZKAM »

Sorry I haven't been able to get on much, been busy with some top secret stuff. ;) anywho to pips since I can get on still for awhile adding more automation/farms to the underground area is the best priority so we don't have to waste time on manual labor to get basic stuff. As far as the other stuff goes, a temple to Odin would be sweet, and the main city itself will have all the basic stuff required (Mill, Sawmill, Pottery er place, the works.) but other villages farther in the wilderness should probably focus around one thing, and then be based around trading/fighting with its neighbors for other materials.
ryoloth

Post by ryoloth »

Hey jake, if you dont mind, i would be love to make one of the outlying villages, either the sawmill or the forge village is what i would prefer but i'll make what ever one you want me to :)
JakeZKAM

Post by JakeZKAM »

Sure thing man! If its a forge or Sawmill based village then it would probably be decent sized. Pick yourself an area in the wasteland a decent distance away from Dragonsreach, and go at it :). It could also be a combined Hillfort if you like, Just think a Barbarian/Viking/ Anglo Saxon style to the buildings and structure.
Wafflewaffle

Post by Wafflewaffle »

JAKE!!!! I miss you!!!

Started contruction on the temple in a far off hill (on the other side of the frozen lake) and i noticed something. Our wasteland will probably get small really fast if we dont populate the other side of the river where the boat is because the hill where the fort will be covers a large area and we bring down the hill where our hole is... or build up on it?

Btw, what kind of automation are you thinking? If we auto the cows and keep a steady flour income we will have food forever (we are already acummulating a lot of sandwiches)
Oh great, now nothing can stop the inbred train

Paradox Interactive:
CHOO CHOO!
JakeZKAM

Post by JakeZKAM »

Automating food would be great yes, if we dont have to worry about food then we can focus on more important things. Secondly the wasteland is much bigger than you think but we don't need to cover the whole mountain range with a fort. A lot of it yes but we can resize it to our needs and use the materials we get from it to help us build the rest. and the hill where our hole is isn't a part of the fort, it's just a starting base. Dragonsreach will be built within the mountain system and when I can I'll get on and we can plan the general layout.
ryoloth

Post by ryoloth »

Awesome man ^-^ i think im going to go for a sawmill village if there are any spruce forests with a river running through it, if not i'll probably do the forge town :)

On a side note, Hey PK, is there any way you can restrict me from using creative mode? As much as i tell myself i wont use it that i will go 100% legit, the bad habit still persists :/ so if you can take that ability from me that would do wonders for me :)
JakeZKAM

Post by JakeZKAM »

Theres a small stretch of snowy forest on the edge of the wasteland but otherwise nothing within it. Plenty of frozen rivers/lakes though :D
ryoloth

Post by ryoloth »

Epic, i will begin construction immediately :)

Edit: Also, so i have a reference jake, what snowy place is it on the server map?

RE-edit: nvm found it xP
Last edited by ryoloth on Mon Aug 19, 2013 10:08 pm, edited 2 times in total.
JakeZKAM

Post by JakeZKAM »

Awesome, and If I could make a request to use the stone gens in Sentarshidan? The main keep/fort is gonna take a shitload of stone to make haha.
ryoloth

Post by ryoloth »

Go right ahead man xD i didnt have them built to sit there, and even with all the stone that ive used i still cant keep up with their production, so any one is welcome to use them :)
Floyper

Post by Floyper »

Yo Jake
not sure if you've seen it yet but i
left a gift at the Dragons reach
Message Board.
Floyper

Post by Floyper »

Is Hardcore Spawn disabled?
I just spawned on top of
the server RulesBoard. I'm
not exactly eager to test
incase it was just Luck.
Haikoo

Post by Haikoo »

just lucky, i've the same spawn yesturday ... one time on 5 death

just a word to say i've a little coupe of hour playing on the server, thx for let me in the WL, maybe have some friend coming to test BTW, actually testing in LAN