Leviathan (Biomes O' Plenty) Better Than Solo [CLOSED]

This is the place for SMP server threads, and for general server discussion.
murillokb

Re: Leviathan (Biomes O' Plenty) Better Than Solo [BTW 4.891

Post by murillokb »

Right now i'm playing solo on the server but i'm here to play with a group and most of people already have one so this post is for those who are whitelisted and don't want to play alone, just say Hi and come join me =D
andreinawolf

Post by andreinawolf »

Server has been updated to 4.8911. As part of this update, various changes that effect gameplay have been removed. This should have no effect on Leviathan though, as it pretty much used vanilla BTW.
lifeiwater

Post by lifeiwater »

utakataJ6 and Gates, you've been temporarily banned for taking some items from chests that dont belong to you. I'd like to talk with you about this. When you guys are around can you shoot me a PM or respond here?
maxsi

Post by maxsi »

just a reminder
the base at spawn don't have a owner anymore(i, Ehsan, Kai and Aboot move to a new place) so fell free to use it, and try to keep it a safe place to pass the night.
Blazara wrote:Better Than Wolves: So seamless, you don't know what you've got into... ;)
ehsanmp

Post by ehsanmp »

Agreed! Someone should take over that base. Remember to be thoughtful of newbs though, and not steal the experience of early game for them by making it rain SFS tools and hearty soup!
ehsanmp

Post by ehsanmp »

lifeiwater wrote:utakataJ6 and Gates, you've been temporarily banned for taking some items from chests that dont belong to you. I'd like to talk with you about this. When you guys are around can you shoot me a PM or respond here?

Shit just got real.
myrkana

Post by myrkana »

The Spawn Base (which is actually a little away from spawn but meh) now has a small stock of eggs, mushrooms, melons, and pumpkins for people to eat :) please feed the chickens when your there (located in the giant tree building) and collect some eggs when you stay there at night ^.^
Rawr :D
Pfilson

Post by Pfilson »

maxsi wrote:just a reminder
the base at spawn don't have a owner anymore(i, Ehsan, Kai and Aboot move to a new place) so fell free to use it, and try to keep it a safe place to pass the night.
This is good to know, I only took a quarter of pumpkins that I harvested while getting ready to set out. They have been a lifesaver due to the lack of animals around spawn. I would have stuck around a bit longer and harvested a few eggs and more stone as well if I had know I wasn't going to break someone's home.
JesterxMailMan89

Post by JesterxMailMan89 »

Just have something to ask of the server members here.

I recorded myself mining but didn't think to ask or tell the server so I was worried that someone may have said something they didn't want to be shown. Ive looked through all the footage and cut out what I thought may be inappropriate to show (which was only 1 or two things), but there was definitely nothing in there that would foil anyones plans to take over the world ;) However, if anyone is not comfortable with having the chat log shown I will find a way to remove it or block it in the video, or simply not post if I cant find a way.

I recorded on Saturday evening, if that helps place a time. I can also list who was on if need be.

Sorry for the hassle guys, it just slipped my mind to say anything. Wont happen again :)
Ethinolicbob

Post by Ethinolicbob »

Was 1 of them Ehsan? I put my cash on Ehsan :P
utakataJ6

Post by utakataJ6 »

Oh, I'm happy to talk about it. I've got a record I believe of everything that was taken - generally the idea I have is "Don't make a dent in the other person's resources." We're running into serious issues with food supplies, so I'm trying to balance that as our hardcore spawns spread throughout the world.

Anything I can do for reparations?

EDIT: Judging from the chat so far, I'm also assuming no one should ever have chat logs on when recording ;)
morvelaira:
Not all Minecraft players have stamped down the knee-jerk, lawful-good Superman reaction yet. We do hold a rather high proportion of the enlightened on these forums ;)
flowerchild:
Not to mention a mod that trains the player to be rather morally ambivalent ;)
JesterxMailMan89

Lol, no actually Ehsan was not one of them. Im not particularly worried about language, just personal stuff that I may have missed. Although Ive gone over the footage like 3 times and there is only one thing that worries me at this point, but unfortunately that stuff is during a moment I cant cut.
utakataJ6 wrote:Judging from the chat so far, I'm also assuming no one should ever have chat logs on when recording ;)
Lol, now what would make you say that :p But like I said I didnt even think about it at the time, just slipped my mind as I ran in terror
Sockthing

Post by Sockthing »

JesterxMailMan89 wrote:but unfortunately that stuff is during a moment I cant cut.
Can't you just put a black box over the chat or blur it out? Thats what I do if something like that happens.
Rob wrote:Sock-ilocks then tried the momma bear's pixel size and thought that it was just right.
BTW Community SMP Server: Discord | Sock's Crops: Thread
JesterxMailMan89

I plan on it, but I dont know functionally how to do it. Im looking it up as we speak though
Sockthing

Post by Sockthing »

One messy way is just to create a black box image in the size of the chat in Photoshop or so and lay it over the chat. But I guess there are better ways.
Rob wrote:Sock-ilocks then tried the momma bear's pixel size and thought that it was just right.
BTW Community SMP Server: Discord | Sock's Crops: Thread
JesterxMailMan89

Ok I blocked and cut the the only part that is an issue. The rest is general chit chat or talking about the game, I plan to post it tonight but if there are any issues Ill take it down. Thanks guys
Psion

Post by Psion »

Lol, I bet it was me. :P
ehsanmp

Post by ehsanmp »

It wasn't me? What the fuck?
Gabecraft1234

Post by Gabecraft1234 »

The server says I am not white listed.
lifeiwater

Post by lifeiwater »

Gabecraft1234 wrote:The server says I am not white listed.
Try now sir! :)
Gabecraft1234

Post by Gabecraft1234 »

My bad . . . I feel really stupid now. I copy and pasted the IGN from the wrong listing in my user name and password file that I keep for all my games.

real IGN: GabeSeelig

sorry for wasting your time
ehsanmp

Post by ehsanmp »

Ground has broken on our new base \(〇_o)/

IzBatt

Post by IzBatt »

Hey Guys, I'm wanting to try out BoP with BTW with a community. I've been playing minecraft since the adventure update and shortly after found BTW and have played it exclusively since.
I love mining, building, and collecting and I love how BTW splits minecraft into ages with many things to work towards to move ahead.
I have read the rules both on the forum and on betterthansolo.com. I agree to all of them.
I do have less than 50 posts but I lurk the forums and the IRC off and on. I'm a mature player who loves playing with people on community projects or by myself in my own base. I prefer being on SMP just for chatting purposes while I play as I love people.
I notice that you guys have a pretty active server and would love to join in. Please consider me for whitelist. thanks,

My IGN: IzBatt
"The people who started the war are the reason. And unless you fight to get rid of the reason, nothing will ever change. I fight to get rid of the reason."-Bart
topcat99

Post by topcat99 »

IGN: topcat99
Info: I have been playing Minecraft since 1.7.3. I am good at building and mining. I have played Better Than Wolves before, but that was before hardcore hunger was implemented.
I have read and agree with the rules.
murillokb

Post by murillokb »

Any chances of the server being updated soon? I'm on version 9112 and i can't downgrade because the download of 911 has been locked :(

Edit: Nevermind, problem solved :)
Last edited by murillokb on Thu Aug 08, 2013 7:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.