a bit of a spoiler regarding HCB

A place to talk to other users about the mod.
ada221

a bit of a spoiler regarding HCB

Post by ada221 »

so, i'm not exactly sure if this qualifies as a spoiler or if i'm just the last one to find out about this...
Spoiler
Show
apparently even with HCB, you can still use the small amount of water that comes out of a bucket to make obsidian
.... i don't know about the rest of you but it was so satisfying to have to channel water down to a lava pool.... i just thought that was the way it was intended to be. now i'm having an internal debate as to whether I should use the HCB loophole (?) or just keep doing what I was.
-I stopped playing Minecraft a long time ago; BTW is its own game to me

-even after these forums are gone, as long as I have the files, I will continue to play Better than Wolves
August West

Re: a bit of a spoiler regarding HCB

Post by August West »

I believe that is intended and also common knowledge.

It makes sense for buckets to create a temporary water source. It is the permanent aspect that Flowerchild removed.
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Post by FlowerChild »

Yeah, the only thing that doesn't make particular sense at present is the ability to recollect the temporary water it creates back into the bucket. Will be taking care of that soon.
ada221

Post by ada221 »

I don't dispute this, its just that i've worked with hardcore buckets since shortly after it was introduced, just this process never occurred to me until I saw it in a video and i thought it was a bit... strange haha

edit: also, it makes sense from a realisim standpoint (which i know is not the issue but it helps) if you pour a bucket of water on lava it will cool it down a bit regardless of whether you can or cannot somehow create an infinite spring out of nothing but a bucket.
-I stopped playing Minecraft a long time ago; BTW is its own game to me

-even after these forums are gone, as long as I have the files, I will continue to play Better than Wolves
Gilberreke

Post by Gilberreke »

If I remember correctly, it didn't use to work like that, creating a very tiny pool. I think it was changed to be a bigger splash, allowing for obsidian making shortly afterwards.

So yeah, I assumed this was common knowledge. While having to reroute water to lava sounds like fun, it might not be as fun with the new strata.
Come join us at Vioki's Discord! discord.gg/fhMK5kx