Leviathan (Biomes O' Plenty) Better Than Solo [CLOSED]

This is the place for SMP server threads, and for general server discussion.
horstdog

Re: Leviathan (Biomes O' Plenty) Better Than Solo [BTW 4.891

Post by horstdog »

Hi, I would very much like to be whitelisted for this server.

I’ve been playing minecraft for 1.5 years and BTW ever since it went multiplayer August 2012.I must have played through the tech tree at least 4 times now in multiple worlds which I hosted for me and my brother from my home server. He has since stopped playing minecraft and I find myself not wanting to play in a world where no one will ever see my creations or where I can't see theirs. I’ve always been hesitant to join a server which I had no control over since you never know if the server owner will one day just shut it down. I know that’s always a possibility but since this server is a spinoff of the original Better Than Solo server (Ivalice) I have high hopes it will last for a long time.

When searching for the perfect base I usually gravitate towards mountains where I will tunnel into the side and start to expand underground. I build functional first and then go back to try and make it pretty. I’m half decent at redstone and have made my fair share of fancy piston doors, multi floor elevators (platform/pulley) and many automated farms. Because of hardcore spwan i also like to build roads back to spawn and between bases.

This server particular interests me because of the addition of Biomes O’Plenty which I’ve been following quite closely. Itwill be nice to have more variety while exploring the world. It is true that I have only recently posted to the forms viewtopic.php?f=3&t=7857 but I have been a registered member for almost a year now and have read every new post since then. Because of my post count I fully expect more questions to be had and I would be happy to answer. Thanks for the consideration.

IGN: horstdog
I have read the forum and Server rules and agree to both of them.
Last edited by horstdog on Wed Jul 31, 2013 8:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
razar51

Post by razar51 »

IGN: razar51
Minecraft Experience: almost 3 years (started just before the halloween update)
BTW experience: almost 2 years now (started august 2011)

I have been playing single player BTW off and on for quite some time now, and I have always wanted to enjoy a multiplayer BTW experience. Playing solo has lost some of it's appeal lately so I finally decided to try and join one of these servers. I typically enjoy the automation aspect of BTW the most and I am quite fond of building large and complex contraptions and circuits. I typically like to build on islands or in a large flat desert.

If you want to see some examples of what I have built:

My youtube channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/Razar51/
Photobucket: http://s737.photobucket.com/user/razar5 ... StuG%20III
http://s737.photobucket.com/user/razar5 ... Server%202 (yes I did play on this server at one point before I found BTW)

I have read the better than solo rules and the BTW forum rules and I agree to them.
Pfilson

Post by Pfilson »

I don't appear to be whitelisted as well.. May need to capitalize the P I can never remember if whitelists are case sensitive.

If you have more questions let me know.

Also I have a tumblr if you would like to see some past examples. It's been dead for a bit but I'm hoping to resume it in a BoP world.
http://pfilson.tumblr.com/
myrkana

Post by myrkana »

oh wow, this server is exploding! ive never seen 10 people on at the same time on other servers, and I've seen 7+ on at all times since i started last night xD and more requests to join :)
Rawr :D
andreinawolf

Post by andreinawolf »

I'll take a look at the whitelist file when I get home and see if there are any funky issues going on with case. The IGNs actually need to be whitelisted all lowercase to work (so annoying!!).
andreinawolf

Post by andreinawolf »

Decided to do this before I left work :P

Fixed the following IGNs:
Obl1terat1ion
UtakataJ6
Matthew_OJ
Sockthing

And added Pfilson to the whitelist!
aJaroOllie

Post by aJaroOllie »

Cheers Andre, just popped on only to be slain by a spider twice! Will probably wait until tomorrow to get on again to make some progress :)
IGN: Matthew_OJ
Pfilson

Post by Pfilson »

Thanks! I'll be on sometime after work tonight. (after 11:00pm PDT) Looking forward to exploring the world! :D
lifeiwater

Post by lifeiwater »

horstdog, razar51, you've both been whitelisted, see you on the server :)
TheGatesofLogic

Post by TheGatesofLogic »

I never joined the previous server, but I would love to join this one. I've been around the forums for quite a while, and I'd love to dick around in a beautiful new server.
My IGN is GxLogic and I tend to wander around wherever until I find an amazing place for a base.
I accept all the terms and conditions and rules and what have you. I hope to be a great addition to the server
Two feet standing on a principle
Two hands longing for each others warmth
Cold smoke seeping out of colder throats
Darkness falling, leaves nowhere to go
lifeiwater

Post by lifeiwater »

Gates do you play on any other server? Ive seen you around here for a long time but I was wondering if you played elsewhere as well. I dont really play on other servers so I never get to see new faces :P
Gabecraft1234

Post by Gabecraft1234 »

Have I been overlooked or denied?

Should I provide more info?
TheGatesofLogic

Post by TheGatesofLogic »

yes, i play on the Official Server and occasionally pop on to Edolas, and for a bit i played on ehsan's anarchy server before it died. I've been just dying to go on a server with BoP installed
Two feet standing on a principle
Two hands longing for each others warmth
Cold smoke seeping out of colder throats
Darkness falling, leaves nowhere to go
ehsanmp

Post by ehsanmp »

Wooooooo Ehsan's Anarchy server is the shit!
andreinawolf

Post by andreinawolf »

TheGatesofLogic wrote:I never joined the previous server, but I would love to join this one. I've been around the forums for quite a while, and I'd love to dick around in a beautiful new server.
My IGN is GxLogic and I tend to wander around wherever until I find an amazing place for a base.
I accept all the terms and conditions and rules and what have you. I hope to be a great addition to the server
Hmm I see you are in the whitelist so life may have added you but forgot to post about it. See you soon!
damianthedamned

Post by damianthedamned »

Hello, I'm Brandon (IGN Damianthedamned) and I'd like to join this server.

I'm 18, live ten to twenty minutes away from St.Louis Mo and been playing BTW for quite a while before I even joined the forums. been on and off this mod for a while and decided to get back to it again but this is the first time I've been on a Better than wolves server. that said I'm extremely familiar with server conduct and I'm a talented and sometimes OCD builder. on mostly during the nights and mornings.

I'm really interested in joining your server :)
Last edited by damianthedamned on Fri Aug 02, 2013 7:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
ehsanmp

Post by ehsanmp »

damianthedamned wrote:Hello, I'm damianthedamned
Good to know you embraced that tattoo on your scalp!
damianthedamned

ehsanmp wrote:
damianthedamned wrote:Hello, I'm damianthedamned
Good to know you embraced that tattoo on your scalp!
I'm sorry? lol I don't quite follow. I suppose saying my name is redundant since it's posted over everything?
-Edit- i see my error. stated my game name and not my actual name T.T
i suppose i should also mention that I can be clumsy at times. lol
lifeiwater

Post by lifeiwater »

Gabecraft1234 wrote:Have I been overlooked or denied?

Should I provide more info?
Your missing something in your request. If you quickly re-read my original post you'll see it.
Wibbles

Post by Wibbles »

I'd like to apply to be whitelisted please. I've heard a lot of good things about the original server and now this server with BOP installed has perked my interest enough to make me want to come out of the closet and want to try multiplayer MC for the first time.

No idea how much you really want to know about me, but I'm from Norway (originally UK), 28, married, 4 small kids, and not a whole lot of time in the evenings to play much anyway :) It would be great to play MC on a server with other people in what little time I do have though, and the wife just isn't interested.

The server rules sound reasonable and I agree to them. IGN: jellyonaplate -- although if you are able to change that to Wibbles on the server, it might avoid confusion...

Thanks!
Gabecraft1234

Post by Gabecraft1234 »

Read the rules: betterthansolo.com/rules.html. done

Read the BTW forum rules. done

Read the "Guide for New Players" at http://betterthansolo.com/ done

Post a reply to this thread that includes your IGN and an introduction about yourself.

IGN: GabrielSeelig

I am 18, I live in California, and I study engineering and Cal Poly SLO. I have played vMC since a few months before the 1.0 release. I have been playing BTW for about a year and consider my self fairly expierenced at it. While I was orriginally attracted by the asthetics of a spinning wind mill I soon realized that the game was anount much more. My favorite aspects are creating harvest to product automation chains. My favorite being my farm to stew factory. I also enjoy the challenge that the hardcore early game provides.

We're very diverse in age and location, so you may optionally include your age and country if you want others to know.

Make sure you indicate in your request that you've read the forum and server rules and agree to them.

agreed
horstdog

Post by horstdog »

Thanks for adding me to the server.

Getting started was not an easy task given all the food was exhausted around my many spawn points(must have died 10 times). I finally managed to take a boat across the ocean where I have now established a base.

Now that I'm not starving from minute to minute I will definitely try to join in on the chat more to get to know more people.

Thanks again. good luck to anyone just starting.

Edit:spelling
Last edited by horstdog on Sat Aug 03, 2013 7:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
damianthedamned

damianthedamned wrote:Hello, I'm Brandon (IGN Damianthedamned) and I'd like to join this server.

I'm 18, live ten to twenty minutes away from St.Louis Mo and been playing BTW for quite a while before I even joined the forums. been on and off this mod for a while and decided to get back to it again but this is the first time I've been on a Better than wolves server. that said I'm extremely familiar with server conduct I've Read server rules, Better than wolves Rules and completed all steps to help be white-listed.and I'm a talented and sometimes OCD builder. on mostly during the nights and mornings.

I'm really interested in joining your server :)
lifeiwater

Post by lifeiwater »

damianthedamned, wibbles/jelly and gabrielseelig, Welcome to the server :)
utakataJ6

Post by utakataJ6 »

Life, than you for the most exciting 3.5 hours I've had with BTW yet.
Whoever put those tall dirt obelisks in the dry-grass-plains-thing biome, you saved Sock and I like 5 times. Rest In Peace.

So the Let's Play has been going smoothly since we finally managed to meet up, and by smoothly I mean never past the brink of starvation thanks to the vast de-animal-itizing throughout the server. Man this has been hard. We'll post a link to possibly the first BTW Biome's O Plenty Let's Play pretty soon!
morvelaira:
Not all Minecraft players have stamped down the knee-jerk, lawful-good Superman reaction yet. We do hold a rather high proportion of the enlightened on these forums ;)
flowerchild:
Not to mention a mod that trains the player to be rather morally ambivalent ;)