Hardcore Villagers and city building/management

The place to talk about how BTW might be different
mogulus

Hardcore Villagers and city building/management

Post by mogulus »

I have an observation that has been bugging me forever and this "might" be a place to vet it. Maybe not. (deep breath, here goes)

I now look forward very much to the point in the game where I have to start herding villagers and breeding them, and I usually cull the herd until I get enough viable traders to get a stack of the scrolls I want. Villager breeding seems cool, since it now gives me another use for diamonds. But this leads me to a problem...

...villagers are now much more expensive to breed and much more valuable to keep on hand...but they still have a tendency to be unruly and unpredictable. They group together far too much to step back and imagine that you're running a town. I always end up with one house with 80 little guys just ganging inside, packed like sardines. It sorta ruins the whole effect and makes it almost impossible to keep track of them.

I wish there was a way to bound the villagers to a certain area. It seems, as it is, like locating the correct villager for that scroll you wanted takes more time than it should and is sort of tiresome. It's also not very fun when you keep running into that same turdburglar trying to trade arrows for emeralds.

I mention this in full knowledge that you have plans for hardcore villagers and probably already have a vision.
Time slows down in a high gravitational field. This fact is the pinion of my plan to destroy us all...
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Re: Hardcore Villagers and city building/management

Post by FlowerChild »

mogulus wrote:I mention this in full knowledge that you have plans for hardcore villagers and probably already have a vision.
Errr...then why mention it? :)

Telling me something you know I already know, and which you know I already plan to address, is significant how exactly?

The experiment...she be slowly failing... :\