Ivalice (Original Server) Better Than Solo [BTW 4.8912]

This is the place for SMP server threads, and for general server discussion.
ehsanmp

Re: Better Than Solo - Friendly - Whitelist [BTW 4.891]

Post by ehsanmp »

Oh. Found a server-specific bug I am sure. Everytime I die outside of my beacon range, I always spawn in that runway-esque area out east of me, north of Arad's base. So does Kai, and she lives a damn sight further away.

If HCS is off, I'd like it if we could spawn back at spawn. If HCS is on, it needs to actually change from always being a place with a nether portal and an enderchest.

No Half Measures!

xoxo i love you Andre much love and peace
andreinawolf

Post by andreinawolf »

I've set up a temporary server to test out the cross server chat.

It is available at server.betterthansolo.com:25566 and is in creative mode.

There is no whitelist, so for those who watch the "View active topics" page as feverishly as I, you are welcome to join.
ehsanmp

Post by ehsanmp »

Hype hype hype hype
andreinawolf

Post by andreinawolf »

The great chat experiment continues!
Log into the server and use the /chatkey command and it will give you a URL where you can log in online to chat.

The interface is extremely WIP, so bugs are to be expected.

You will need a modern browser that supports WebSockets. This means recent versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, etc. I have no idea what versions of IE support it, but at this point consider IE unsupported.

It should also work well on mobile devices. I've tested it on Android and will test iOS later.
Psion

Post by Psion »

Lol, i tried to use the /chatkey in the server, but i got a "you do not have permission to use this command" error. Tried it on the test creative server and got an unknown command error. Did i find a bug? XD

::Edit:: fixed now, yay for andre!

::Edit 2:: I noticed while using chat server on firefox, occasionally it seems to stop updating for me. For instance, after you left, no one seemed to log on for hours, which seemed odd to me. So i refreshed the page and voila, ehsan popped up as being in chat, and to him its like i just signed on. A couple of times so far its done the same thing, failed to continue updating for me but nothing saying i've signed off.
andreinawolf

Post by andreinawolf »

I've started a Biomes O' Plenty server with the recent chunk generation fixes so that we can test it for "crashes".

The server is leviathan.betterthansolo.com (no port) and has a copy of the whitelist from the main server.
andreinawolf

Post by andreinawolf »

andreinawolf wrote:I've started a Biomes O' Plenty server with the recent chunk generation fixes so that we can test it for "crashes".

The server is leviathan.betterthansolo.com (no port) and has a copy of the whitelist from the main server.
I op'd nazo and he's been all over the place to test out chunk generation. Enough so that I feel it's stable enough.
andreinawolf

Post by andreinawolf »

Seems I spoke too soon. It's stuck right at 100% right now :P
andreinawolf

Post by andreinawolf »

andreinawolf wrote:Seems I spoke too soon. It's stuck right at 100% right now :P
Not sure why it was at 100% when I saw it, but there was actually a legit crash log and it looks like one of my mods may have caused this. Disabled what caused this crash and running the server again to see what happens.
Psion

Post by Psion »

andreinawolf wrote:
andreinawolf wrote:Seems I spoke too soon. It's stuck right at 100% right now :P
Not sure why it was at 100% when I saw it, but there was actually a legit crash log and it looks like one of my mods may have caused this. Disabled what caused this crash and running the server again to see what happens.
yay, it was andres fault!

(yes im happy, only cause i know you'll find a way to fix it quickly with your skills andre, which means new server faster. ;3 )
andreinawolf

Post by andreinawolf »

Psion wrote:(yes im happy, only cause i know you'll find a way to fix it quickly with your skills andre, which means new server faster. ;3 )
hehe well the thing that caused the crash is easy to turn off. I'm spending my time on the cross server chat right now though, so if BoP does have any actual show stoppers, I'll defer to nazo who has been putting a good amount in effort to figuring out any issues :D
OlbaiD

Post by OlbaiD »

i feel lonely. i am hungry. i have nightmares. im being... hunted

So i was able to climb a tree and survive, and i had to share this :)
Spoiler
Show

First time trying all the changes at early game, btw. :)

Aboot
Ethinolicbob

Post by Ethinolicbob »

Is that 2 beasts and one poison spider? If so ouch!
BoP is unforgiving eh
maxsi

Post by maxsi »

Ethinolicbob wrote:Is that 2 beasts and one poison spider? If so ouch!
BoP is unforgiving eh
yup and that is the worst biome to spawn on, maybe oly the empty snow lands are worst(snow blocks on the surface)
Blazara wrote:Better Than Wolves: So seamless, you don't know what you've got into... ;)
Adubbz

Post by Adubbz »

Ethinolicbob wrote:Is that 2 beasts and one poison spider? If so ouch!
BoP is unforgiving eh
<Evil hysterical laugh>
OlbaiD

Post by OlbaiD »

Ethinolicbob wrote:
Is that 2 beasts and one poison spider? If so ouch!
BoP is unforgiving eh
I was running away from two zombies, at night, then i saw those beasts and cave spider in front of me, so i climbed some vines and got on top of that tree :)

Worst night ever ...so far XD

Aboot
andreinawolf

Post by andreinawolf »

Leviathan has been officially reset and Life says it's permanent. The whitelist is a copy from the main server, but from here on it'll deviate. Life is going to make a separate post for that server.

The server address is leviathan.betterthansolo.com (or server.betterthansolo.com:25567) and is running the Biomes O' Plenty mod.

All hardcore modes are enabled except for hardcore names.
Mikko_blu

Post by Mikko_blu »

andreinawolf wrote:The great chat experiment continues!
You will need a modern browser that supports WebSockets. This means recent versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, etc. I have no idea what versions of IE support it, but at this point consider IE unsupported.
Ha! what's new about that :P
Adubbz

Post by Adubbz »

Since you folks now have a server running BOP btw, thought i may as well express my interest in it.

Basically, i'm a rather dull and boring person that goes by the name of "Adubbz" in both Minecraft and wherever else. I am a developer of that mod that next to nobody uses called Biomes O' Plenty, and will likely turn out to be the least influential person on earth. Although, that's not including Justin Bieber. Aside from that, there's not a lot i can say really, aside from the fact i don't own Windows 8 and enjoy doing stuff and things.

Oh, and yes, i did glaze read over the rules, despite them being as i expected they would :P
Psion

Post by Psion »

Adubbz wrote:Since you folks now have a server running BOP btw, thought i may as well express my interest in it.

Basically, i'm a rather dull and boring person that goes by the name of "Adubbz" in both Minecraft and wherever else. I am a developer of that mod that next to nobody uses called Biomes O' Plenty, and will likely turn out to be the least influential person on earth. Although, that's not including Justin Bieber. Aside from that, there's not a lot i can say really, aside from the fact i don't own Windows 8 and enjoy doing stuff and things.

Oh, and yes, i did glaze read over the rules, despite them being as i expected they would :P
Lol, read the last requirement for the whitelist again. caaarefully now. it's a tricky one that catches almost everyone. its very subtle, and it's something that people are kind of trained to do without thinking. but to give you a hint, it's something you have to do whenever you read one of those really long warranties when you install something. ;3
andreinawolf

Post by andreinawolf »

Psion wrote:Lol, read the last requirement for the whitelist again. caaarefully now. it's a tricky one that catches almost everyone. its very subtle, and it's something that people are kind of trained to do without thinking. but to give you a hint, it's something you have to do whenever you read one of those really long warranties when you install something. ;3
lol dude, the "Getting on the Whitelist" section is a way for me to detect unsavory players, as they tend to not read the OP and knee-jerk post whitelist requests. It's not a end-all-be-all requirement :)

Also, while I'm sure life will reuse many of my rules, he will likely have his own whitelist process.

I've taken the liberty though of adding Adubbz to the whitelist for Leviathan. Have fun!
andreinawolf

Post by andreinawolf »

Well either the server is down or Life's internet connection is out =/
murillokb

Post by murillokb »

andreinawolf wrote:Well either the server is down or Life's internet connection is out =/
Just because i came back today :((

So how's the chat thingy going? =D
lifeiwater

Post by lifeiwater »

murillokb wrote:
andreinawolf wrote:Well either the server is down or Life's internet connection is out =/
Just because i came back today :((

So how's the chat thingy going? =D
Cross server chat is working and the webchat is the sweetest part, Andre did an awesome job. You'll like it
ehsanmp

Post by ehsanmp »

So when is everything coming back up? Tis my day off, was hoping to get in some serious non-afk gaming before my clients are back on my case.