Server-side/admin mods that are compatible with BTW?

This is the place for SMP server threads, and for general server discussion.
johnt

Server-side/admin mods that are compatible with BTW?

Post by johnt »

Are there any essential or at least worthwhile server-side mods that work with BTW? I have a pretty basic install, but I'd like to be able to, for example, check into what's going on on the server while I'm at work, other than looking at the console or chat log -- any dynamic map mods or anything like that?
lifeiwater

Re: Server-side/admin mods that are compatible with BTW?

Post by lifeiwater »

I know for my server Andre has made tons of auditing tools for theft, entity monitoring and even tick time monitors to see what's causing lag issues. We also have maps ( both live and static ) as well. But I haven't seen anything made available to the public.

As for remote management we just ssh into the server and work from there. I think your going to have to code these types of things yourself if your able too
Ethinolicbob

Post by Ethinolicbob »

I have chatted to Andre about that in the past. Most of it requires base class modifications that BTW also modifies and is probably not feasible to be put into a form that wouldn't redistribute BTW code.
ElectroBot

Post by ElectroBot »

Ethinolicbob wrote:I have chatted to Andre about that in the past. Most of it requires base class modifications that BTW also modifies and is probably not feasible to be put into a form that wouldn't redistribute BTW code.
It could be redistributed through a version dependant binary delta patch. That is legal AFAIK.
ehsanmp

Post by ehsanmp »

I would like to say, that sounds like a massive bitch.
Gilberreke

Post by Gilberreke »

ehsanmp wrote:I would like to say, that sounds like a massive bitch.
Not really, if anything, it's easier for the user-base to install.
Come join us at Vioki's Discord! discord.gg/fhMK5kx
Ethinolicbob

Post by Ethinolicbob »

Of course it would be. Everything is currently tailored for the one server and has additional ties to a website and would need to be modified to work as a generic addon.
It would be a hurdle for someone to jump through when everything already is functioning as designed for.
At the moment he is hard at work at making new features for us that I am very excited for.
Ultimately it would probably come down to a decision to divert time to refactor old code or continue to work on new features.
Whilst I can't assume to talk for the guy, I have to put my money on new features.
Gilberreke

Post by Gilberreke »

Ethinolicbob wrote:Of course it would be. Everything is currently tailored for the one server and has additional ties to a website and would need to be modified to work as a generic addon.
It would be a hurdle for someone to jump through when everything already is functioning as designed for.
At the moment he is hard at work at making new features for us that I am very excited for.
Ultimately it would probably come down to a decision to divert time to refactor old code or continue to work on new features.
Whilst I can't assume to talk for the guy, I have to put my money on new features.
I think we're talking about different things :)

I thought it was implied that patches are hard to install, you thought it was implied that a change in distribution system is hard to create. The first one seems false, the second one seems true :)
Come join us at Vioki's Discord! discord.gg/fhMK5kx
ehsanmp

Post by ehsanmp »

Lol, as another user of the same server with those mods, I was talking about creating this patch-release, not about installing it. Installing would be easier than pissing about with WinRAR or MCPatcher by far.